Henry Cavill Not Returning as Superman after leaving Witcher

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Interesting take they had on this. It definitely hurts that Cavil was let go but James Gunn clearly has a vision of what he wants to do so it would be better to start clean. I’m looking forward to see what will happen.

yeah you gotta ignore fans and just put together a clear and concise vision and then story. When you try to adapt on the fly like DC has you end up fukking things up imo

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
didnt a marvel guy make the edit on the Snyder's JL an turned it into the most boring by the numbers superhero movie ever made?
Joss Whedon stepped in when Snyder left because his daughter killed herself.

Getting someone esle's work and making edits from higher ups' desires is different than making a project from the ground up :manny:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Joss Whedon stepped in when Snyder left because his daughter killed herself.

Getting someone esle's work and making edits from higher ups' desires is different than making a project from the ground up :manny:
they should've just left it as it was... say what you want about the snyder cut, it was a masterpiece compared to what they did to that movie.

I still dont know how those idiots are still running WB and making decisions. They fukkd DC who could've been a cash cow for the studio now they re fuking HBO max with that discovery plus nonsense. i mean how many stupid decision can you make before some changes are made? Decision that the average person on the internet can see that are brain dead decisions. its just ...

bnew

Veteran
Daps
they should make two superman movies in parallel, continue the snyder universe and james gunn can start the new young superman as well.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I have a feeling James Gunn is gonna be to the DCEU what Kathleen is to starwars.
Nah, big difference is Gunn loves the property. KK (even tho it was Lucasfilms most bankable property) doesnt understand nor really love star wars like us.

It is funny tho as this decision seems to have marvel and dc fans turning on him like a week after that guardians trailer had people praising him

I am not judging anything till we see what his plans are. I normally hold off judgment till a trailer, i think people are over reacting a bit.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I'm fine with recasting Superman. I just hope DC makes one of the big 3 black. Wonder Woman (Nubia), Superman (Calvin El or Val Zod), or Batman (Tim Fox).

I never want to see Cyborg's ugly ass again (not Ray Fisher but the character). Cyborg is one of the ugliest characters ever. I really hope they give black kids a big character that isn't a eunuch to look up to.

I hope they give us the Hawkman from Black Adam because he felt like Black Panther and it will be a hit since Marvel fumbled the bag.

I hope they also bring in Vixen/Nubia for the black girls.

My casting choices would be (they will be young since that's what Gunn wants):

Nubia-Nafessa Williams, Lupita
Vixen-Lovie Simone
Superman-, Yayha Abdul Mateen, John David Washington
Batman- Aldis Hodge if he's recasted, John Boyega
Mr. Terrific- Lakeith Stanfield, Daniel Kaluya
Green Lantern- Stephan James, Michael B Jordan, Shameik Moore
Man just started naming names

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Nah, big difference is Gunn loves the property. KK (even tho it was Lucasfilms most bankable property) doesnt understand nor really love star wars like us.

It is funny tho as this decision seems to have marvel and dc fans turning on him like a week after that guardians trailer had people praising him

I am not judging anything till we see what his plans are. I normally hold off judgment till a trailer, i think people are over reacting a bit.
I'm 100% down for this
we get everything new :blessed:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why is anyone surprised Gunn wants to do things his way? it’s the exact reason he was hired. why the hell would he continue on with a bad product?
Team just hired a GM to turn around a 5-11 team and cats questioning why certain guys about to get moved.
Man DC just can't get right, you don't have to tear down everything in your franchise including what worked just to get rid of what didn't
But Gunn has his own vision.
Exactly all the world building they built so far to just start from scratch is fukking beyond frustrating!!! :mindblown:
The world building has been considered a disappointment. Bringing in a new guy for his vision and then having him continue to build on a shaky foundation is crazy.
We all know Superman and Batman origine stories..That's fukked up.
Gunn said it won't be an origin story.
Thank you. at least synder had a semblance of a road map... :martin:
What good is a road map if its leading to stuff that made fans go :francis:

Snyder's road map had Jimmy Olsen as a CIA op that got killed in less than 5 minutes.
When a new regime takeover they bring in their own people :manny:

Everything outside James Gunn’s existing projects will go.
It will be interesting to see what he keeps.

Its a dumbass decision, once again ignoring what the fans want...Another bad decision by a can't get right "Dead Company"...The problem with the DCEU ain't the actors, its the lack of vision, creative storytelling and direction...
Which is why Gunn was hired to shape DC's direction.

Reception to the Snyderverse wasn't great, if it was, Snyder would still be running the show. Why would Gunn want to continue that?
they should make two superman movies in parallel, continue the snyder universe and james gunn can start the new young superman as well.
Snyder universe is done.

People need to let it go.

The fact that the Rock was talking about steering DC, how Black Adam was going to lead the way, going behind the back of execs to get Cavill back as Superman, movie to disappoint financially and he's lying about the numbers is why Gunn needs to come in and just start anew.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
they should've just left it as it was... say what you want about the snyder cut, it was a masterpiece compared to what they did to that movie.

I still dont know how those idiots are still running WB and making decisions. They fukkd DC who could've been a cash cow for the studio now they re fuking HBO max with that discovery plus nonsense. i mean how many stupid decision can you make before some changes are made? Decision that the average person on the internet can see that are brain dead decisions. its just ...
I think you may be misremembering the timing on things. DC was fukked up before Zaslov/Discovery came in. Those last few films like WW84, Black Adam, Justice League, Birds of Prey, largely underperformed and were critically mid to bad.

The old ppl arent still running WB. The Kevin Hameda dude is gone, all the above stuff happened under his watch. Zaslav has Gunn running everything DC, most likely because his Suicide Squad/Peacemaker works prove he cares about the IP and know how to make good movies for DC. Those are the changes being made because of all the mistakes of the prior regime.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
I think you may be misremembering the timing on things. DC was fukked up before Zaslov/Discovery came in. Those last few films like WW84, Black Adam, Justice League, Birds of Prey, largely underperformed and were critically mid to bad.

The old ppl arent still running WB. The Kevin Hameda dude is gone, all the above stuff happened under his watch. Zaslav has Gunn running everything DC, most likely because his Suicide Squad/Peacemaker works prove he cares about the IP and know how to make good movies for DC. Those are the changes being made because of all the mistakes of the prior regime.
yea but... arent they making the same mistakes?
you're trying to create a universe but you cant touch batman... and then you fire a guy that every nerd on the planet likes? and you fire him after you announce that he's back as superman?