Henry Cavill Not Returning as Superman after leaving Witcher

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
DC have better characters than Marvel.

A shared universe for DC was a complete mistake. They need to go back to standalone franchises. The characters don’t need the gimmick of the shared Universe.

Marvel needed the shared universe for different reasons such as to sell the concept of unknown characters.
A shared universe prints money. Marvel can people to see many movies a year about characters they don’t care about the primary one for the movie of a shared universe. Why else would Captain Marvel crack a billion?

Stand alone movies mean only the top draw characters get movies and overall probably make less money spread out over so get movies.

DC just has to get a shared universe that works. They should start over from scratch and scrap everything they did previously as it mostly wasn’t planned.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Now dc have somebody who knows what they are doing and they really wanna make a good connected universe this is literally the best thing they can do

Cavils superman..throw it in the trash, Black Adam…throw it in the trash, Afflecks Batman, Gals wonder women & mamoas Aquaman….The Flash…Shazam…..throw it all the fukk away and start completely fresh from the ground up with the knowledge of what works and what doesn’t

Those Zack Snyder movies were fukking ass anyway, no idea why people cling on to them

At this rate breh a DC reboot will givs us Justice League proper in 2032...

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
DC have better characters than Marvel.

A shared universe for DC was a complete mistake. They need to go back to standalone franchises. The characters don’t need the gimmick of the shared Universe.

Marvel needed the shared universe for different reasons such as to sell the concept of unknown characters.
I think Marvel has better characters/universe but I agree, to differentiate themselves and not have to scrap and fire everyone they should just do anthologies. Different directors using whoever they want, for whatever story they want. They were kinda doing it with Shazam, The Batman and Joker. All different and all not connected. Also, the tone can change whenever all depends on the director's preference. They can make overly serious stuff all the way to stuff so joke heavy it's meta and everything in-between. Like Super Pets was very jokey and borderline meta and very entertaining. My seed loves that movie.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I'm for it. It's the same issue I have with Batman. He's the world's greatest detective, yet he's barely done any detecting in the movies. Clark Kent is a reporter, who likes his career of choice, but we don't see him doing any reporting. Which is also a bit of detective work. It would be cool to see whatever story he's working on, also becoming a job only Superman can handle. Or that there is something he really does want to work on that would make his career, but he also has to be Superman, which gets in the way.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I'm for it. It's the same issue I have with Batman. He's the world's greatest detective, yet he's barely done any detecting in the movies. Clark Kent is a reporter, who likes his career of choice, but we don't see him doing any reporting. Which is also a bit of detective work. It would be cool to see whatever story he's working on, also becoming a job only Superman can handle. Or that there is something he really does want to work on that would make his career, but he also has to be Superman, which gets in the way.

That's not exactly true... batman has done plenty of detective work in nolan's series and in the new pattenson batman movie. and in the bvs movie there was an entire subplot that was cut where clark was doing the reporting thing with batman and the man who was locked up being branded. it was on the deleted scenes...:dahell:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Sentry would make more sense if they are gonna make an MCU superman
Sentry is still one of my favorite newer characters, I don't know if they can pull off his fractured mind on film. They're definitely not going to put what happened to his wife onscreen, Ultron is gone, no Osborn, so there's no point.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
A shared universe prints money. Marvel can people to see many movies a year about characters they don’t care about the primary one for the movie of a shared universe. Why else would Captain Marvel crack a billion?

Stand alone movies mean only the top draw characters get movies and overall probably make less money spread out over so get movies.

DC just has to get a shared universe that works. They should start over from scratch and scrap everything they did previously as it mostly wasn’t planned.

DC characters don't need to rely on the gimmick of a shared universe.

You talk as if Joker didn't make $1billion or that Chris Nolan's Batman movies didn't either. They didn't need a shared universe, were standalones and were critically acclaimed. This is what DC needs to go back to.

Marvel need the shared universe because their characters are not known so they needed a gimmick to bring people in.

It's easier for someone to buy into an Ant-Man when you know it's connected to Iron Man. Nobody cares for a Moon Knight if it wasn't part of the shared universe. That IS the point of it.

A Superman movie gains NOTHING from being connected to a Batman movie and vice versa. They are going to sell regardless.

And If you think Warner are going to focus on unknown DC characters like Marvel do with theirs outside of the odd 1 or maybe 2 like I don't know what to tell you.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
That would be lit. He needs to get his agent on the phone with us.
tumblr_n9zx3sACrI1r1yffjo1_400.gif