Helldivers [Official Thread]

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Helldivers has a progress-wiping bug if your controller dies
If you're like me, you've spent the last few days gleefully dropping onto alien worlds to exterminate the local population and, occasionally, your fellow soldiers. Helldivers is a wonderful thing to play online, but it's still suffering from a few post-launch jitters, the worst of which is a progress-wiping bug that will likely strike if your controller runs out of juice.
Arrowhead Game Studios is warning players of a specific (but disturbingly common) chain of events that could boot you back to Private, wiping away all your unlocked weapons, stratagems, perks, and research. If your PS3 or PS4 controller's battery runs low while you're playing, don't switch to a new one! Just plug the old one in until you're done.
157959ab9ad04f0a19703a59b7f5bd479ca26447.jpg__620x348_q85_crop_upscale.jpg

Otherwise, reconnecting with a different controller may cause the game to spawn in a fresh character, and if you happen to hit a save point with that new character, all of your old progress will be lost. If you find your seasoned Helldiver suddenly replaced with a fresh recruit in the middle of a game, you may be able to preserve the old one by restarting before any saves can complete.
If your Vita battery runs out in the middle of a mission, well... problem solved.
Arrowhead says it's isolated the bug causing this specific issue and it will be removed in patch 1.03 (along with a bunch of other fixes and tweaks), though it didn't provide an ETA for the update. Players are also reporting some other issues leading to lost progression, so hopefully they'll all get stamped out soon.
The only bugs I want to see in Helldivers are the direct Starship Troopers reference kind.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
The latest patch fixes the progress wipe bug.
I think @Naijan has played it on Vita I haven't messed with it yet, I know there are some impressions on neogaf if you care to sift through it.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
As a Diablo 3 addict I'm definitely picking this one up.

Diablo is far more diverse which is obvious, but HellDivers is extremely repetitive. And I mean every part is repetitive; from the areas to the guns. However the strategems are nice, and makes for some very fun or taxing builds. I'm currently running a "Hunk" build (Resident Evil) so its either one handed guns or the pistol and melee.

Naijan

All outta Gill
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
Has anyone played this on Vita yet? I left it downloading last night. I completely forgot that it was cross buy. I'm tryin to hit this up on the go.
Yea I have it on vita, it will take probably 30 minutes to get used to it on vita. Only problem I had was grenade tossing and reloading. Which you have to swipe down the back touch to do them. Other than that it's good

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Diablo is far more diverse which is obvious, but HellDivers is extremely repetitive. And I mean every part is repetitive; from the areas to the guns. However the strategems are nice, and makes for some very fun or taxing builds. I'm currently running a "Hunk" build (Resident Evil) so its either one handed guns or the pistol and melee.
Areas yes but it's still fun. Dunno how you can say this is repetitive but Diablo isn't but that's whatever. One thing they could add to guns is make them power shot if you hold the button, like dead nation. Other than that, for a 15 dollar game I say they did well

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Areas yes but it's still fun. Dunno how you can say this is repetitive but Diablo isn't but that's whatever. One thing they could add to guns is make them power shot if you hold the button, like dead nation. Other than that, for a 15 dollar game I say they did well

"Extremely repetitive". Every game is repetitive, this is obvious, however there are games with zero character development, hardly any "new" areas, and require the same amount of missions/quests. Helldivers is "too" repetitive, same missions, laser gun = win and the armor isn't really versatile. The game needs more flexibility, more customization and far more useful weapons than a rocket launcher and laser rifle.