MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Heat is incredible. It’s one of the few times Michael Mann’s focus on attention to detail and process is perfect. This and thief. But heat is beautiful to look at and catches Pacino and deniro before they were what they are now. Love his flick. Even has Val Kilmer filming this and Batman forever at the same time right after he did tombstone :wow:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Everybody has tried to mimic..(Set It Off..The Town) and they still can't top it lol Michael Mann has this eye for characters/detail and how to turn real life events or even fictional events into somethin you swear you saw on First 48 or a documentary
Question: how close did Nolan come to nailing it since the dark knight clearly owes a lot to this flick and Michael Mann in general

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
When I first watched Heat in the 90s I thought it was too long and really boring minus the bank shootout. Now I can watch and enjoy it at any given time. I remember it got bad reviews when it came out too. Time has been really good to this film.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
When I first watched Heat in the 90s I thought it was too long and really boring minus the bank shootout. Now I can watch and enjoy it at any given time. I remember it got bad reviews when it came out too. Time has been really good to this film.
Really? I saw that most critics gave it good to great reviews when it came out.

I rarely see people today talking about it when they mention action movies. They only talk about guns blazing or fast paced action movies like John Wick: Chapter 2, The Fate of the Furious, The Expendables, etc.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Really? I saw that most critics gave it good to great reviews when it came out.

I rarely see people today talking about it when they mention action movies. They only talk about guns blazing or fast paced action movies like John Wick: Chapter 2, The Fate of the Furious, The Expendables, etc.
Most gave it good/great reviews, but I remember seeing a few bad ones that said it was too long.

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
Question: how close did Nolan come to nailing it since the dark knight clearly owes a lot to this flick and Michael Mann in general

Yeah that bank vault heist is pretty much a nod to the truck jack at the start..Which nobody talks about

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everybody has tried to mimic..(Set It Off..The Town) and they still can't top it lol Michael Mann has this eye for characters/detail and how to turn real life events or even fictional events into somethin you swear you saw on First 48 or a documentary

Nolan's TDK was specifically inspired by HEAT.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
If its a Michael Mann film thats not Miami Vice or Black Hat...its golden. Heat for me was probably the best heist movie since The Getaway with Steve McQueen, that said, it handled the dialogue better than most heist movies. No surprise Batfleck stole both premises and made The Town. It was fun seeing Pacino and DeNiro have an onscreen tug of acting war.