HBO's Show Me A Hero (from David Simon)

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
Their whole existence is predicated on the idea that white skin color makes them better than you.

Think about that for a moment.

2Cw7xl0.jpg

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Ol girl already hittin dat pipe. :mjcry:Damn Doreen.

And that girl Billie still got pregnant by that ain't shyt PR dude when he basically told her he wasn't shyt.

I don't know if I can watch this shyt anymore brehs, hits too close to home. :mjcry:
show is real as fukk fam :mjcry:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
show is real as fukk fam :mjcry:
Ol girl already hittin dat pipe. :mjcry:Damn Doreen.

And that girl Billie still got pregnant by that ain't shyt PR dude when he basically told her he wasn't shyt.

I don't know if I can watch this shyt anymore brehs, hits too close to home. :mjcry:

"I need to come home" :mjcry:

AJaRuleStan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Killa Queens
Seeing teenage girls carelessly getting pregnant to men who offer little to no stability really highlights how un-productive the sub-culture of ppl living in the projects was at the time and is in a lot of ways today.

I think the crack-head chick was the only person who was shown to have a pops that cared, and she still ended up making poor life choices that is costing her life, and now that cost is being put upon her son who had no choice in the matter.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I love this fukkn show.

No way this shouldn't be the #1 show in America right now. The socio-economic insights that close minded folks could gain from this is so :wow:

All this shyt is happening in the 80s and 90s. This ain't antebellum South Carolina. How can you not love this?

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Catching up at the moment.

There is a super deep scene where the councillors are driving round the projects taking photos. The way they only have them shoot things that the councillors can spin into being negative is subtle but really thought provoking :jbhmm:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Catching up at the moment.

There is a super deep scene where the councillors are driving round the projects taking photos. The way they only have them shoot things that the councillors can spin into being negative is subtle but really thought provoking :jbhmm:

See how the photographer put the camera down when the mom was going to work??? I love how from the beginning the racism was subtle then it culminated in the last few minutes with Wasicsko saying they slick using property value and way of life instead of ******s and then the Condo vandalism