HBO's Show Me A Hero (from David Simon)

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I wasn't really feeling the first 2 episodes. :manny: shyt was kinda boring, but maybe this is meant to be a slow burn

I'll still finish the series though.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
people were so openly racist/ignorant/homophobic/antisemtic back in the day :wow:
its funny
i have a cousin who lived in the projects in Throgs Neck (which was real diverse at that time) and everyone got along fine
shyt the whites was on the benches right there with nikkas :deadmanny:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
It's crazy more people are not talking about this show, the 1st 2 parts were really dope. This dude Oscar Isaac is gonna get awards for this performance. I swear David Simon can make some of the most obscure political events look like Greek tragedy and I grew up during that whole scandal and I was like damn shyt was going down similarly In the Bricks when they tried to put high rises in the Ironbound back in the day. Jim Belushi is perfect as the scumbag mayor, and Alfred Molina and his fukkery :smugdraper:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Just finished the first two episodes. I'm really liking where it's heading. Not too familiar with Oscar's work, I think the only other project I've seen him in was Ex Machina(Gonna try and catch A Most Violent Year soon). He's owning his role so far.

Had to look her up on imdb, but Ilfanesh Hadera is fine af in this. :jawalrus:

Last edited:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Just finished the first two episodes. I'm really liking where it's heading. Not too familiar with Oscar's work, I think the only other project I've seen him in was Ex Machina(Gonna try and catch A Most Violent Year soon). He's owning his role so far.

Had to look her up on imdb, but Ilfanesh Hadera is fine af in this. :jawalrus:
Inside llewyn davis is oscgoats best performance imo

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im from Mt vernon but live in westchester now and traffic was a bytch when they was filming this but once i knew David Simon was involved i fell back because i knew he was going to show how fukked up the segregation was in this city. my white coworker who retired told me blacks and spanish families would have there cars burned get beat walking down the block and harassed by the cops in the white parts of town. i think he said it all started when minorities started peeping game about the schools on there side of town being shyt. my girl went to school and is good friends with one of Wasicsko's cousin

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
im from Mt vernon but live in westchester now and traffic was a bytch when they was filming this but once i knew David Simon was involved i fell back because i knew he was going to show how fukked up the segregation was in this city. my white coworker who retired told me blacks and spanish families would have there cars burned get beat walking down the block and harassed by the cops in the white parts of town. i think he said it all started when minorities started peeping game about the schools on there side of town being shyt. my girl went to school and is good friends with one of Wasicsko's cousin

:salute:

A lot of cats were too young to see the rot that racists and fearmongers brought to NY and Yonkers situation was a microcosm of that. Plus David Simon always shows the other side of the fukkery. It shows how little shyt has changed even 28 years ago. We still are out here suffering. :mjcry: