HBCUs experiencing lower Black Male enrollment.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That's college in general. The thing that makes a hbcu so much more fire is the number of Black women. :mjgrin:

You eat so well when it's so many Black women for each male student. :wow:
I went to a PWI Engineering school and men outnumbered women but the school over and a lot of the liberal arts colleges in the 2000s near me were mostly women

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
This is where generations of single motherhood got us as a community.
Black women outpacing black men in education and advancing to areas of economic, social and political influence has been widening the representation gap between black women and black men. Choosing trades to avoid getting a degree that will get black men into key areas of economic, social and political influence will hold black people back entirely and make it harder for black men moving up if black women expect them to pander.

Checking the numbers at colleges and universities in my area, our numbers are small compared to other groups and I'm sure black women make up more of our representation.

For all the young black men I meet in trades, I encourage them to save their money and take night or online classes at their local community college to get a degree and think about transferring to a university before they hit thirty.
Wouldn’t the blame be on black men not single mothers

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This is where generations of single motherhood got us as a community.
Black women outpacing black men in education and advancing to areas of economic, social and political influence has been widening the representation gap between black women and black men. Choosing trades to avoid getting a degree that will get black men into key areas of economic, social and political influence will hold black people back entirely and make it harder for black men moving up if black women expect them to pander.

Checking the numbers at colleges and universities in my area, our numbers are small compared to other groups and I'm sure black women make up more of our representation.

For all the young black men I meet in trades, I encourage them to save their money and take night or online classes at their local community college to get a degree and think about transferring to a university before they hit thirty.

Only Black men talk this stupid community shyt. Black women outpace black men and don't say "I`m gonna go back and uplift my brothers" they say "nikka you a bum catch up" lol

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Agree. Like I said in another thread. We have been playing the game wrong for a while. :yeshrug:
At my first school other than a few ROTC students there was like two non Black people at my school only one lived on the yard

She was a white girl from the U.P. of Michigan bytch was like the blondest girl ever. He mom's hand delivered her to the female dorm * christian school no mixed dorms*

I looked at the crowd of thirsty freshmen lined up to help the co eds with their bags * the only time half of them was even gonna see the inside of the dorms* and I couldn't believe that her moms was sending her into this Den of hungry wolves.

I hought that white bytch is getting pregnant immediately.

That didn't happen turns out the word was put out do as mch as hold the toubob's hand and you'd be frozen out of the Black p*ssy market so while she did fukk with a couple of dudes most of us steered clear.

So she got a decent education for free without too many bodies. I had to transfer to a cheapr Land grant HBCU she stayed and graduated,

White folks are low key smart.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
That's college in general. The thing that makes a hbcu so much more fire is the number of Black women. :mjgrin:

You eat so well when it's so many Black women for each male student. :wow:
Coward Hoes/

That's literally what we called co eds from Howard University that lived off campus and or partied with us hood nikkas.
I smashed and hated bytches from Howard who lived in Brooklyn

as a native Crooklynite I understood when I lived off campus and I looked down on the townies too.

Still smashed them on the low.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Fewer black men becoming white collar professionals is a concern. We always need a balance of blue collar and white collar roles as a community.

even powerhouses like Morehouse have fallen off, and then look at some of the push back that came the Robert Johnson paid everyones debt off and folks were like "why couldn't he do that for Spelman" lol yet Spelman if I remember correct has a larger endowment and higher ranked and nobody asks them to help out Morehouse.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I tried applying Howard and they didn’t reach out. I sent email after email, call after call. The website was full of women and women oriented stuff. Get in contact with them was impossible.
That;s classic Historically wack College administration.

if you just went up there and asked who to talk to you would've found what you where looking for.

Kinda hard to do from LA or wherever you're from. But if you did go to any HBCU you'd know that you'd need friends in low places or the secretaries offensive.

Smile at the auntie behind the desk and the doors open for you. Piss her off and you're done.

Black america in a nutshell.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Too easy breh...

CASH
16205912-F6f-Phx-VG.png
You're serious or joking?

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Wouldn’t the blame be on black men not single mothers
Not if single mothers are giving their daughters the game to outpace their sons.
Women have a community of women to rely on for support. Men don't, especially black men.
Black men do their sons a disservice leaving them to be raised by a woman scorned.
Black single mothers do their sons a disservice by not equipping them with the knowledge of how to successfully move through society.
A functional matriarchy is going to automatically empower the daughter over the son and the daughter has access to her mother, grandmother, aunt and other extended family members, male and female, in ways a son would not.

We can blame black men for not sticking around, but carrying a boy to eighteen and not giving him anything he can really use going forward while his sister is getting help behind the scenes is putting her ahead in the long run.
Only Black men talk this stupid community shyt. Black women outpace black men and don't say "I`m gonna go back and uplift my brothers" they say "nikka you a bum catch up" lol
What ethnic or racial community do women lead in America that's winning right now?

Smile at the auntie behind the desk and the doors open for you. Piss her off and you're done.
And this is exactly why more black men need to be represented in these positions.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
bytches that you're trying to date say that. Low key Auntie Black women go out of their way to help Black Men and boys truth be told.

Also institutions help you as an institution.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
That;s classic Historically wack College administration.

if you just went up there and asked who to talk to you would've found what you where looking for.

Kinda hard to do from LA or wherever you're from. But if you did go to any HBCU you'd know that you'd need friends in low places or the secretaries offensive.

Black america in a nutshell.
I was applying online so thanks. I’ll keep it in mind if I ever try again.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Coward Hoes/

That's literally what we called co eds from Howard University that lived off campus and or partied with us hood nikkas.
I smashed and hated bytches from Howard who lived in Brooklyn

as a native Crooklynite I understood when I lived off campus and I looked down on the townies too.

Still smashed them on the low.
The Best thing about going to Jackson Sate as a male is the female students outnumbered you, then you had Tougaloo College (hbcu) which was like 80% female, then Hinds CC which was like a HBCU community college. Then Mississippi College, a private pwi, Belhaven University, another private pwi. Milsaps College a pwi. All in Jackson and the women were geeked over Jackson State nikkas cause of the reputation.

I ate soo gawt damm well.