HBCUs experiencing lower Black Male enrollment.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
the thing with Black women and the education trap is they are chasing the concept of education vs studying for shyt that can improve a community (because women are not wired to do this). So they are entering in debt traps while Asian international students and Non-Black Latinos are now flooding HBCUs with minority scholarships and getting STEM degrees lol. Last time I was at Howard I seen a gang of asian kids walking together, and I was like shyt y'all doing what you supposed to do. The Intl Students go to HBCUs because entry requirements are easier and it buys them time to find work.
Agree. Like I said in another thread. We have been playing the game wrong for a while. :yeshrug:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Agree. Like I said in another thread. We have been playing the game wrong for a while. :yeshrug:

sometimes the Black Men don't need Education shyt is rooted in our only value is in our hands/bodies.

College aint for everyone but for those who it is for you need to prepare them, and right now Black boys aint being prepared for a damn thing

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
We do have Black men in politics and they still do nothing specifically for Black people only. Examples Tim Scott, James Clyburn, Barack Obama, Corey Booker and etc.

That shyt in red your talking about is some Tarana Burke shyt, Black women don't do that.

you still think "Black people" are a community.

yeah you're fukking toast out here.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
I can see it. I was in downtown DC when Howard finished their graduation last year. It looked like a women's college. :manny: The news is disturbing but the trend has been going on for decades. IBlack boys are not a priority in high schools. Not to mention colleges the last few decades have been on some real bullshyt. I have yet seen a report or anything that correlates tuition increases to a better quality of learning.
trades are fine but we need Black men represented in all avenues. No Black Men in Politics then we can't be shocked nobody doing anything for us. Black Women flood that shyt and make sure they do shyt for them selves and the few black men who do enter end up having to pander to black women and other groups as anything Black male focused will get push back.
This is where generations of single motherhood got us as a community.
Black women outpacing black men in education and advancing to areas of economic, social and political influence has been widening the representation gap between black women and black men. Choosing trades to avoid getting a degree that will get black men into key areas of economic, social and political influence will hold black people back entirely and make it harder for black men moving up if black women expect them to pander.

Checking the numbers at colleges and universities in my area, our numbers are small compared to other groups and I'm sure black women make up more of our representation.

For all the young black men I meet in trades, I encourage them to save their money and take night or online classes at their local community college to get a degree and think about transferring to a university before they hit thirty.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I can see it. I was in downtown DC when Howard finished their graduation last year. It looked like a women's college. :manny: The news is disturbing but the trend has been going on for decades. IBlack boys are not a priority in high schools. Not to mention colleges the last few decades have been on some real bullshyt. I have yet seen a report or anything that correlates tuition increases to a better quality of learning.
I went to college by trickery through the ARCH program

first of all they're an Arts organization. But they did an HBCU college tour that was told to me as a party which it kinda was. I think I signed a single piece of paper before getting on the bus going on a multiple state college tour.

Taking a bunch of at risk ghetto kids on a trip what could go wrong???

Actually nothing did, There were shenanagans and I know the chaperone had a problem with the chicks playing Lose Control

And now I see why she had a problem with it drunk ass kids listening to a song with all that sexual innunedo * which is nothing compared to the music out now*

Anyway I went on the trip filled out applications and forgot about it.

I graduated high school and I was getting brochures from schools that I had not asked for. I was hanging out at my mom's side hustle and the security dude kinda haranged me to go to college

Basically he gave me the standard Hunt is on speech that every Black kid in the 90's got

I told him I'd think about it turns out I didn't realize that I applied to all those schools and was accepted.

So I literally decided to show up two weeks later. I even tried to avoid the financial Aid line because I had the money I'd need in a literal paper bag. The made me cut the line and fill out the paperwork.

When I ran out of money for room and board the Dorm director gave me a free room.

The secretary of the Dean of Housing asked me where I was living and when I told her she said I should've come to her.

I say all of that to show there was a full court press to get my Black ass in school. If you want a viable Black community you need to do the same for every single Black Man and boy.

AceMan

Superstar
Daps
Hope the next administration addresses this.

Summary

Black men account for only 26% of the students at Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), down from 38% in 1976. In fact, there are fewer Black men enrolled at HBCUs today than in 1976. HBCUs have long served as valuable institutions for Black students, offering a unique environment that fosters academic achievement, mental well-being, and economic mobility.

More non-Black students offset these declines, but the reduced presence of Black men means fewer are benefiting from the supportive environments that HBCUs provide to help students succeed during and after college.

Key Takeaways

Enrollment of Black male students at HBCUs is currently below 1976 levels and declining more rapidly than in other colleges and universities.

The share of non-Black students at HBCUs is now about equal to the share of Black male students, at 26% and 25% respectively.

HBCUs enroll a higher proportion of lower-income students compared to non-HBCUs, and these students are nearly twice as likely to experience upward economic mobility.

This decline in Black male students is influenced by factors such as inadequate K-12 preparation, a lack of Black male teachers, and financial barriers both individually and institutionally.

Addressing these issues through targeted interventions and expanded funding may reverse the declining trend and increase the opportunities for Black men at HBCUs.
This is alarming as F***!
full

Let's be real; this is going to hurt black men overall in the very near future