HBCU Alumni Giving Rates

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I was flipping through one of those US News College guides, recently. There was a section on HBCUs. The alumni giving rates are atrocious at HBCUs. :scust:

Spelman College (39%) :ehh:

Howard University (8%) :mindblown:

Hampton University (15%) :jbhmm:

Morehouse College (13%) :dahell:

Tuskegee University (18%) :childplease:

FAMU (5%) :huhldup:

North Carolina A&T (8%) :snoop:

Bethune Cookman (9%) :dame:

Morgan State (11%) :gucci:

Most of the other schools were listed as (N/A), which suggests giving rates were so low, the schools didn't even want to self report. :francis:

In another thread, nikkas wanted to know what happened to Morris Brown.

Look at what the "elite" HBCUs are facing in terms of funding.

@CashmereEsquire @NeilCartwright
They're sending their students to work for white people who prolly don't respect their school.

Gimme a company that's hiring a bunch of HBCU alumnis

I'm one and I live 600 miles away from my school and I haven't been getting looks

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
People think I'm trying to shame Black people or shyt on Black people when I say that Black people's favorite pastime is showing off for other Black people.

In my honest opinion, this is unfortunately what I have been led to conclude, I see the behaviors all the time and have to always audit myself because I'm just as guilty.

:francis:

It's the truth, breh.

So many Black people have ruined themselves, financially, trying to show off for other Black people. Think about all the Black people who bit off more than they could chew leading up to the housing crisis in 2007-2008. They purchased those McMansions trying to show off for other Black people and ended up looking foolish.

We should all start operating based on the following line of reasoning before spending money on unnecessary shyt:

Am I buying this to impress and/or one up another Black person in my social circle/neighborhood? If so, don't do it.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
It's the truth, breh.

So many Black people have ruined themselves, financially, trying to show off for other Black people. Think about all the Black people who bit off more than they could chew leading up to the housing crisis in 2007-2008. They purchased those McMansions trying to show off for other Black people and ended up looking foolish.

We should all start operating based on the following line of reasoning before spending money on unnecessary shyt:

Am I buying this to impress and/or one up another Black person in my social circle/neighborhood? If so, don't do it.

this is actually what I do before making any purchases, I've mentioned this in another thread.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
this is actually what I do before making any purchases, I've mentioned this in another thread.

It's crazy that we have to stop and think about this shyt!

We've been conditioned to compete with one another so much that showing off for other Black people or one upping another breh seems like natural behavior!

When, in reality, we should be working together to build group power.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
It's crazy that we have to stop and think about this shyt!

We've been conditioned to compete with one another so much that showing off for other Black people or one upping another breh seems like natural behavior!

When, in reality, we should be working together to build group power.
I was explaining to my sons mother, who is a bed wench, that Africans are tribal people. Africans are innately not nationalists. That's cac shyt but cacs peeped power in numbers and working in common goals to all enjoy the spoils of their fukkery. As much as Africans can try, they can eventually emulate those tactics but Africans deep inside aren't wired like that.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They're sending their students to work for white people who prolly don't respect their school.

Gimme a company that's hiring a bunch of HBCU alumnis

I'm one and I live 600 miles away from my school and I haven't been getting looks
There are plenty of companies that hire a lot of HBCU alums, granted, depending on the field a good chunk of these hires are through "diversity initiatives" but they hire them nonetheless. A lot of school-based preferential hiring is based on perceived skill of the student, and while a lot of talented Black men and women go to HBCUs and further their strong ability, there are a whole lot that are there with lower than average grades and test scores, the only two measures you have.
What school did you go to?

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was explaining to my sons mother, who is a bed wench, that Africans are tribal people. Africans are innately not nationalists. That's cac shyt but cacs peeped power in numbers and working in common goals to all enjoy the spoils of their fukkery. As much as Africans can try, they can eventually emulate those tactics but Africans deep inside aren't wired like that.
Tribalism is nationalism. There is no difference.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
There are plenty of companies that hire a lot of HBCU alums, granted, depending on the field a good chunk of these hires are through "diversity initiatives" but they hire them nonetheless. A lot of school-based preferential hiring is based on perceived skill of the student, and while a lot of talented Black men and women go to HBCUs and further their strong ability, there are a whole lot that are there with lower than average grades and test scores, the only two measures you have.
What school did you go to?

banner-vsu-jobs.jpg

How many people with degrees are in power to hire other people with HBCU degrees? That's how you get on. Not "diversity initiatives" that exists to get state money.

Black people don't have the money to support the schools they took out loans to go to.

FSP

Banned
Daps
FAMU is laughably embarrassing especially considering some of the alum are national celebrities. They must graduate there then somehow hate the school

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I love how In all threads like this nikka instantly want to compare HBCUs to Harvard and shyt. Dumb ass nikka Georgia tech is one of the top ranking colleges in the country, How are HBCU graduates doing compared to graduates from Georgia State, Georgia Southern, University of West Georgia ,etc

State, Southern, and UWG grad salaries about the exact same as Morehouse give or take 4 or 5 grand. They a whole lot higher than CAU. But them state schools a whole lot cheaper tho. It's not even close in that dept.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Not true...

Alot of these alumni LIVE ABOVE THIER MEANS...

the debt to income ratio on alot of my HBCU friends and coworkers is horrendous

I just smashed a HBCU graduate this afternoon and she was bragging about the flat screens TVs she just installed in three of her BATHROOMS in her six bedroom house.....

Her sister is a graduate as well working on her Masters and is dating my coworker just the other day she asked him to loan her 800 dollars so she can put some new tires on her Benz truck

Just because they EDUCATED and on Thier GROWN FOLK SHYT doesn't mean they make good decisions

Especially considering they love to participate in 'black folks favourite pastime" as @Matt504 defined so well

Styling and Stunting :umad:

Some of these HBCU sisters out here moving like instagram models. They got a line sister in every city so they OT twice a month, they eat out 3-4 times a week, driving foreign, live in the hip part of town etc etc all on 50K a year.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F

Mane Negroes can't plan a Church fish fry dinner without some CONFLICT :ufdup:

Just yesterday having lunch at my job I had to help one of my young black employees retrieve money from a OG "SISTA" who is like 53 years old and basically tried to go finesse dude out of an oxtail dinner he was selling for his church

She ordered one for 15 dollars but gonna give the man 12 cause she claim he originally had 12 as the price on the bulletin board flyer

SHE WAS LYING.....

SMH....

We too busy competing with each other

And this ain't just a African American problem

It's that's what I tried to tell those idiots in this thread

Tanzania just hit this gold miner with a $190 billion tax bill. That's two centuries of revenue

They on some "we a different type of African cause our President don't play that shyt" but just like I told them how long will this campaign against oppressive white capitalists will last before it falls apart because we all know you need solidarity and Tanzania is no different than other countries straddled with tribal differences...