HBCU Alumni Giving Rates

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
My Brother went to Morris Brown around 2000-2002 straight up disaster. Seemed like they were going up to the school every month for financial aid problems . The dorms were in poor condition too. The elevator ceiling wasn't fully done and we saw about two roaches in one quick walk through. Brother said the food was good though and the professors were great. He also enjoyed the marching band. :yeshrug:

Morris Brown was an absolute mess when I visited ... students were incredibly cool ... almost family like ... damn shame they had to be subjected to that shyt.

Black women tend to go hard for what they believe in.

If, as Black men, we could begin building things for them to support, we'd be in good shape as a community.

Highly underrated post .

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I will never understand shaming alumni for not donating when you already paid racks in tuition. I understand if you got a scholarship that you might want to show some appreciation, otherwise :camby:
Because you can’t on the one hand say we need these institutions in our community, (hopefully) have benefited from your attendance of the school, and then not support it. These schools ain’t gonna get dough from no one else, especially the small schools. Corporations and billionaires ain’t worried about bluefield state, Arkansas Baptist, Harris Stowe st (I ain’t even heard of these schools...I just came across these on google), they’re not going to donate. So why not make the lives of others better by giving back?

But maybe my vision is clouded given my undergrad experience. I do know when I attended Howard for a semester I got a taste of the administrative fukk shyt goin on at HBCU’s - and Howard is one of the prestigious ones, I could only imagine how jaded I’d be at one of the middle of the road/bottom HBCU’s.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
You can’t give back when you a communications or theatre major working at TJ Maxx with tens of thousands of dollars in student loan debt :yeshrug:

Most of the people Ik who went to HBCUs came right back home or ended up pregnant :francis:
This is a whole different issue. The thought that everyone has to go to college. A lot of people are unprepared and there are a lot of shytty schools that cost a grip and provide zero career opportunities. People on this board try to call me out on my elitism, but quite honestly if you’re not going to a top national university, a top 50 liberal arts college, the top 5–10 HBCU’s, or one of your state’s better connected and/or prestigious public schools, stop wasting money on shytty colleges. :ld:

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
This is a whole different issue. The thought that everyone has to go to college. A lot of people are unprepared and there are a lot of shytty schools that cost a grip and provide zero career opportunities. People on this board try to call me out on my elitism, but quite honestly if you’re not going to a top national university, a top 50 liberal arts college, the top 5–10 HBCU’s, or one of your state’s better connected and/or prestigious public schools, stop wasting money on shytty colleges. :ld:
We the only ethnicity that push that college bullshyt

Mfs looked at me crazy in high school when I told them I was going into a union Apprenticeship. At church, people would ask me what I’m doing after HS and they hit the :scust:

I’m 20 making $29 an hour, no student loans both cars paid off :blessed:

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
All the HBCUs need to hand their endowments to Robert F. Smith, he's been on a bullrun that's out of this world and he has a consulting sector at Vista Equity Partners that could turn every HBCU administrative department around in a matter of years. :wow:
My point is that investing is rigged. Large investment fund managers and endowment managers have access to information before average investors. In order to maximize returns on endowwments HBCUs needed to hit that inside information wave. If Vista has it then more power to them.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps

Mfs looked at me crazy in high school when I told them I was going into a union Apprenticeship. At church, people would ask me what I’m doing after HS and they hit the :scust:

You’re a bright young man. Apprenticeships are pushed significantly in Europe.
Godspeed and good luck.
Don’t forget to save that cash too.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
For some of us like myself...I'm never giving shyt back....I COULD give something...my girl and I bring in a combined 350k a year NOW...but they aint getting jack from me after the way I was treated there 15 years ago...

And this wasn't a HBCU...this was a PWI.

When I was an UG and the bursar's was waiting for my loan to clear...they wouldn't let me register for classes or move into the dorm...they knew the shyt was coming because they got the approval letter, but they gave me a "fuk you nikka" response...and let me miss out on a few weeks of classes plus i had to settle for whatever was available in the dorm...I was out of state...so I had to sleep with friends of friends at their apartment and basically live off nothing for 2 weeks...

I pleaded with all the higher ups who ran the place...and they were just on some NO..."now get out of here" talk. And I wasn't the only one....they did this with EVERYONE in the same predicament...

I also remember when I took a few summer classes to get done early...so I didn't have to move out of the dorm ...I did all the paperwork in advance...and again the bursar's knew they got the approval letter and that the money would be there...but because it didn't meet THEIR deadline...they created a list of students who were in the dorms...who had to get OUT immediately....they stone cold kicked us out in the street :wow:

Within a a few days it got cleared up because I had to push sallie mae to get the shyt done asap...so I eventually moved back in.

Til this day I still got beef with them about that shyt....

Some of these schools...(and by 'schools' i'm talking about the executive level positions who have little to any interaction with the actual students) treat you like SHYT and just a number when you're there...

Last edited:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Of course your cars are paid off, you're driving two cars made before 2000 :mjlol:

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps

you learned all that from your tight knit Irish community

:mjpls:

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
My nikka, what type of random salaries you giving out? 200k and 450k by 27-33? Doing what? That’s doctor, high level exec, banking bread, and most doctors ain’t even in their field by 27...that’s no where near a reasonable average, especially given Texas as your hypothetical state . :what:

I'm not understanding what you're asking me or what angle you're coming at me from

So I will ask if you could elaborate on your stance.

What I am stating in the post you quoting is most black students that come out of college at that age range are not making $$$ enough to give back.

What world do you live in where cacs don't make 6 figure salaries by the time they are 30 or mid 30s?

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
The numbers are so obscure that they paint a very different situation which isnt reflective of the average white alum from the average PWI. That’s not even good data for schools like Stanford, Penn, Harvard, Duke, etc.

I'll give you a clear example, Taking from a sports stance.

How many cac assistants you know that are under 35 are on a coaching staff? Football, Basketball, baseball level vs the number of blacks?

Once you answered that, How much do you think these cacs are making while being on these coaching staff and in these positions? How much do you think a Head coach for a D-2 college is making?? How many D-2 Head coaches, are cacs?? Could you say that these coaches are making 6 figures? and under 40, mid 30s? some may be as young as 28. How many black women and black men are in these positions?

How many cacs do you believe are on these marketing teams for these university and on these innovation teams that come up with these ideas for these cac university. How much do you think they are making? 30k-50k??

How many cacs are Assistants to the A.Ds at these Universities? How much do you think they are making.

You don't have to be a doctor, or come from Penn, Duke, or Harvard to make 6 figures. Those jobs that I listed can make 6 figures for the average cac before they reach 35.

Right now the Men's Basketball Head Coach at LSU is no older than 35 and he's been coaching for a minute. How much do you think he's making now at LSU and he's not even 40 nor a doctor.

There are cacs right now around this country that are making 6 figures as high school head coaches that aint even 35. Black men and woman aint getting these type of chances.

How much do you think he was making before he got the LSU job?? 50k?? I don't think so.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I tried to give to Florida Memorial and the online payment thing was tripping. I didn’t attend but I use to vibe over there every now and then.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I'll give you a clear example, Taking from a sports stance.

How many cac assistants you know that are under 35 are on a coaching staff? Football, Basketball, baseball level vs the number of blacks?

Once you answered that, How much do you think these cacs are making while being on these coaching staff and in these positions? How much do you think a Head coach for a D-2 college is making?? How many D-2 Head coaches, are cacs?? Could you say that these coaches are making 6 figures? and under 40, mid 30s? some may be as young as 28. How many black women and black men are in these positions?

How many cacs do you believe are on these marketing teams for these university and on these innovation teams that come up with these ideas for these cac university. How much do you think they are making? 30k-50k??

How many cacs are Assistants to the A.Ds at these Universities? How much do you think they are making.

You don't have to be a doctor, or come from Penn, Duke, or Harvard to make 6 figures. Those jobs that I listed can make 6 figures for the average cac before they reach 35.

Right now the Men's Basketball Head Coach at LSU is no older than 35 and he's been coaching for a minute. How much do you think he's making now at LSU and he's not even 40 nor a doctor.

There are cacs right now around this country that are making 6 figures as high school head coaches that aint even 35. Black men and woman aint getting these type of chances.

How much do you think he was making before he got the LSU job?? 50k?? I don't think so.
Graduate assistants on college sports teams on “paper” make small stipends. Maybe $12k over a year. It’s long game networking up to bigger programs and OC, DC and HC jobs. There’s only but so many opportunities, though.

Last edited:

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
The admissions at HBCU’s are lackluster. They let anyone in, compare the give back rates to institutions with the same admission requirements.