Have y'all seen this Black American flag?

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Uhhh, well we are American. You’re called an American as soon as you leave these borders.
Well, you’re Black. You’re called Black as soon as you step outside?
Anyway, my point is, all this hand wringing over Pan Africanism and “flat blackness”, unique identity, etc from a lot of the same people that are against something like the Black American Heritage flag for affirming the very thing they claim they want. The American flag is the biggest catch-all there is.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
nikkas hate the African part of Pan-Africanism now. nikkas listening to Tariq again.

That Pan-African shyt is dead moe. shyt was always predominantly one-sided (Black Americans being the main ones who took it seriously) and a vast majority of these African nikkas ain’t on that type of time or about that life like that. It was a nice lil 100-year experiment but the result?

Experiment is a complete failure and rightfully abandoned. :manny:

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
His own words
bNJSIeX.jpg
Damn I wish I was on this forum when this was posted…

Because it’s a lie :russ:

The reason this snippet was posted with absolutely no referenceis because it was written by William Crampton, a British White Supremacist who created ”the flag institute” 4000 miles away and 51 years later to chronicle flags, he was born 16 years after the Pan African flag was designed and as you can see in the link underneath, used his position within the UK government to accuse Marcus Garvey of plagiarizing his flag from Ethiopia and disparaging him And his intelligence.This is why the post is so awkwardly cut, because this individual didn’t want the people he was showing to have an ability to fact-check.

So essentially, A supposedly Black person is using a hit-piece on the foremost Black leader of the 1920s on a supposedly Black site to poison the minds of other supposedly Blaxk people.

Very brief summary to touch on what the white supremacist British government worker that was born 16 years after the flag was created was referring to..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Every_Race_Has_a_Flag_but_the_c00n
(This is also the direct reason why American Cholo calls Black people c00ns.)

This song was the Gangnam Style of the early 20th century and was extremely hurtful to the Black community, Marcus Garvey and his followers then decided that Black Americans should have their own flag and used the tricolor irish flag as a base, opting to flip it vertically. We do of course know that Garvey saw Blacks and Irish the same way many see “Black and Brown” today, as this was the politics of 1920s New York.

Show me the race or the nation without a flag, and I will show you a race of people without any pride.

invalid

Banned
Daps
Damn I wish I was on this forum when this was posted…

Because it’s a lie :russ:

The reason this snippet was posted with absolutely no referenceis because it was written by William Crampton, a British White Supremacist who created ”the flag institute” 4000 miles away and 51 years later to chronicle flags, he was born 16 years after the Pan African flag was designed and as you can see in the link underneath, used his position within the UK government to accuse Marcus Garvey of plagiarizing his flag from Ethiopia and disparaging him And his intelligence.This is why the post is so awkwardly cut, because this individual didn’t want the people he was showing to have an ability to fact-check.

So essentially, A supposedly Black person is using a hit-piece on the foremost Black leader of the 1920s on a supposedly Black site to poison the minds of other supposedly Blaxk people.

Very brief summary to touch on what the white supremacist British government worker that was born 16 years after the flag was created was referring to..

(This is also the direct reason why American Cholo calls Black people c00ns.)

This song was the Gangnam Style of the early 20th century and was extremely hurtful to the Black community, Marcus Garvey and his followers then decided that Black Americans should have their own flag and used the tricolor irish flag as a base, opting to flip it vertically. We do of course know that Garvey saw Blacks and Irish the same way many see “Black and Brown” today, as this was the politics of 1920s New York.

Show me the race or the nation without a flag, and I will show you a race of people without any pride.

So are you saying that the original meaning of the colors of the Pan-African flag is this:

In the office ofthe Negro World (Garvey's newspaper) there hangs the new Ethiopian flag -which is red, black and green. Garvey explained that the meaning of these colours is that the black race between the blood and nature wins its rights, which he
characterises a very noble thought.

I always thought the ‘green’ symbolized the land/nature.

Additionally, are you saying the “green in solidarity with the Irish” is a later addendum that was added by Garvey or was this an addendum added by this white guy?

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
So are you saying that the original meaning of the colors of the Pan-African flag is this:

Additionally, are you saying the “green in solidarity with the Irish” is a later addendum that was added by Garvey or was this an addendum added by this white guy?
bingo. Over time the green became associated with fertility, I want to say that came from the Panthers/Late civil rights era when the RBG a color scheme and flag saw a resurgence.There’s a 30-40 year gap after UNIA falls and the Black Liberation movements pick up the RBG flag again. He wasn’t saying fertility in the 1920s as far as I’ve read.

The Irish solidarity is at best a misnomer, at worst conjecture..It’s repeated exclusively by Irish nationalists in their struggle with the crown as part of the cadre of “international support”. Theres never a reference for it by them of course but it comes from an interview with Charles Mowbray White, original publication is lost but it was reprinted years later in the UNIA papers vol2. It’s the same thing you posted.

I would compare it to the oft-repeated claim that Kool Herc invented Hip Hop in Jamaica and brought it to New York.

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Garvey SAID this. His office was named after the original Sinn Fein headquarters, too.

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
bingo. Over time the green became associated with fertility, I want to say that came from the Panthers/Late civil rights era when the RBG a color scheme and flag saw a resurgence.There’s a 30-40 year gap after UNIA falls and the Black Liberation movements pick up the RBG flag again. He wasn’t saying fertility in the 1920s as far as I’ve read.

The Irish solidarity is at best a misnomer, at worst conjecture..It’s repeated exclusively by Irish nationalists in their struggle with the crown as part of the cadre of “international support”. Theres never a reference for it by them of course but it comes from an interview with Charles Mowbray White, original publication is lost but it was reprinted years later in the UNIA papers vol2. It’s the same thing you posted.

I would compare it to the oft-repeated claim that Kool Herc invented Hip Hop in Jamaica and brought it to New York.
No, it's not conjecture. He was quoting roger casement + sent his supporters to aid longshoresmen. Garvey is an IRISH SURNAME. He was a piece of shyt.

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
Garvey SAID this. His office was named after the original Sinn Fein headquarters, too.
Didn’t say green for Irish. What he said has already been quoted, cant be two things at once.

He named the halls Liberty Halls, once again you try to lead people astray by leaving that out lol..It wasn’t named Sinn Fein” like you just tried to pass off. It was named Liberty Hall after the Irish worker movement hall that was blown up by the English Navy built by James Donnelly.
Irish_Citizen_Army_Group_Liberty_Hall_Dublin_1914.jpg

“we serve neither king nor Kaiser” is what Garvey hoped to replicate in the new Black nationalist movement Akin to what Martin Luther King saw in Ghandi, who he called his “guiding light”

The next morning, the English navy blew the roof of Liberty Hall in, and like the starting gun of a race I took off out the side door, as arranged with General Connolly. My run was remembered only because a reporter for the Evening Herald witnessed my sprint down Eden Quay.[\quote]

No, it's not conjecture. He was quoting roger casement + sent his supporters to aid longshoresmen.

Garvey is an IRISH SURNAME. He was a piece of shyt.

So he quoted someone that died 4 years before the flag was designed about what the flag represents, I gotcha.

As far as last names, all anglophone Blacks have Irish,Britis, Scottish last names.