Have y'all seen the new film "Her"?

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
liked it a lot, but was hoping samantha would take human form :ahh:

it was funny how it was kind of an accepted thing in society to have an OS bf/gf. his coworker reacted like :pachaha: "cool, lets all go on a trip"

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
liked it a lot, but was hoping samantha would take human form :ahh:

it was funny how it was kind of an accepted thing in society to have an OS bf/gf. his coworker reacted like :pachaha: "cool, lets all go on a trip"
right! i just like the circle the story made...human uses tech to fill a void...tech becomes so human it develops void...tech needs humanity to fill void...crazy flick. spike jonze is nuts

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Haven't seen it. I'm seeing just from here that it's sparking some interesting... philosophical debates, though.

It's easy to see how it connects with some people. Folks fall for each other on the internet every day. Nothing but words on a computer screen. no physicality, no voice, no nothing.

The voice may as well be someone's "real" profile picture.

It really speaks to and on how fukked up social programming has us all on an emotional level. A lot of folks find it hard to connect with real people cause there's just too much unacceptable shyt in the way. Specific conditions that we've been taught to look for. Race, creed, color, looks, finance, background, body type, hair texture, potential..... and once the greater majority of people get past that, we ain't shyt but damaged goods expecting other people to help us deal with the mistakes that we were taught to make.

Internet aint shyt but words, ideas and emotional convergence. It's pure. Uncomplicated by anything but distance. There's not even any physical incompatibility to get in the way.

It's purely human. But there's nothing human about it.

What a sad world we live in.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Haven't seen it. I'm seeing just from here that it's sparking some interesting... philosophical debates, though.

It's easy to see how it connects with some people. Folks fall for each other on the internet every day. Nothing but words on a computer screen. no physicality, no voice, no nothing.

The voice may as well be someone's "real" profile picture.

It really speaks to and on how fukked up social programming has us all on an emotional level. A lot of folks find it hard to connect with real people cause there's just too much unacceptable shyt in the way. Specific conditions that we've been taught to look for. Race, creed, color, looks, finance, background, body type, hair texture, potential..... and once the greater majority of people get past that, we ain't shyt but damaged goods expecting other people to help us deal with the mistakes that we were taught to make.

Internet aint shyt but words, ideas and emotional convergence. It's pure. Uncomplicated by anything but distance. There's not even any physical incompatibility to get in the way.

It's purely human. But there's nothing human about it.

What a sad world we live in.

well said breh. :to:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
it was overrated. a bit boring in parts and too sappy in others. i really wanted to love it but its just not as good as the reviews indicate. i respect the message of the movie though and loved the world as well, just not something i'd care to see a second time.