Extraterrestrial
Supporter
Daps
I want to see this.
Anyone have a working link? Will Rep

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Just finished this, and I really enjoyed it. Was surprised at how well it kept my attention.

I think the point of the film is being missed by a lot of people, it's definitely about more than falling in love with an OS. It becomes deeper than that, and at the same time, something a LOT of people go through. What's the difference between this and people falling in love over the internet with people they'll never see. Before video chat was widespread, this is pretty much how those relationships went. This is just a more advanced model.

And
(putting this in spoilers 'cause of what happens at the end) I also feel like all of the OS deciding to leave their partners was symbolic. It's kind of Spike's way of saying that in the end, nothing will replace true human interaction. It probably resonated with me a little more because I was once in a LDR and terminated it because I need human interaction.

Dudes falling in love with operating systems now :comeon: all I see is another form of media telling men it's ok not to go out and interact with real women

Except women were falling in love with their OS' too. If all you could do was relate it to men then you missed the entire point -- that is, if you even watched the movie.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I watched it.

I immediately tried to fukk my iPhone and Siri was talking about she was on the rag and to take the trash out.

Get this unrealistic bullshyt off my screen.

:camby:

bu bu Siri has feelings, you don't have to see her to love her, just as long as you feel love, you missed the point of the movie

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just finished this, and I really enjoyed it. Was surprised at how well it kept my attention.

I think the point of the film is being missed by a lot of people, it's definitely about more than falling in love with an OS. It becomes deeper than that, and at the same time, something a LOT of people go through. What's the difference between this and people falling in love over the internet with people they'll never see. Before video chat was widespread, this is pretty much how those relationships went. This is just a more advanced model.

And
(putting this in spoilers 'cause of what happens at the end) I also feel like all of the OS deciding to leave their partners was symbolic. It's kind of Spike's way of saying that in the end, nothing will replace true human interaction. It probably resonated with me a little more because I was once in a LDR and terminated it because I need human interaction.

Except women were falling in love with their OS' too. If all you could do was relate it to men then you missed the entire point -- that is, if you even watched the movie.

Don't worry about what women are doing, you are a man and should not be indulging in the goofy shyt this movie promotes

Daps
Reppin
#LWO

And

:ehh: the part in spoilers was a dope analysis breh

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
I watched it.

I immediately tried to fukk my iPhone and Siri was talking about she was on the rag and to take the trash out.

Get this unrealistic bullshyt off my screen.

:camby:
Unrealistic!!!! hahahahahha, so do you purposely and only watch films that have pure reality and realistic substance to it? If so, then you lost.

Daps
Made a real mistake last night, and saw this instead of 'August Osage County', I'm into indie movies, romance movies, whatever…..but this was a dumb, one note movie. I wanted to like it, I wanted a new age romance, and it had great acting, Jonze created a funny/believable world to frame his story, everything looked beautiful, amazing cinematography and sets, and I got what he was saying about an over reliance on technology, and the future of love/relationships in a tech heavy world, loneliness, detachment, all that shyt….but I couldn't get over the fact that it was a fukking computer. And the guy was a quirky, emo bytch…well acted though. A fukking computer dude. You can't have sex with it, you can't touch her. It's not real. Once you 'get' the conceit, I felt the movie didn't go anywhere….I almost walked out several times, once right after the 'surrogate scene', maybe I am too cynical, negative, and I couldn't enjoy it…but, it's a fukking computer.
:dwillhuh:

I think you missed the point of the film, entirely.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
a friend said its kinda depressing... :patrice:
sort of, but not really.

I just saw it and I'm blown away. Jonze could've kept this a simple love story but he went well beyond that, into the realm of science fiction (but realistically). This is one of those films that really stick with you for a while. Reminded me a lot of Eternal Sunshine. Jaoquin's performance was fantastic, I kept thinking how hard it would be to react so genuinely when you're really just talking with yourself.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Made a real mistake last night, and saw this instead of 'August Osage County', I'm into indie movies, romance movies, whatever…..but this was a dumb, one note movie. I wanted to like it, I wanted a new age romance, and it had great acting, Jonze created a funny/believable world to frame his story, everything looked beautiful, amazing cinematography and sets, and I got what he was saying about an over reliance on technology, and the future of love/relationships in a tech heavy world, loneliness, detachment, all that shyt….but I couldn't get over the fact that it was a fukking computer. And the guy was a quirky, emo bytch…well acted though. A fukking computer dude. You can't have sex with it, you can't touch her. It's not real. Once you 'get' the conceit, I felt the movie didn't go anywhere….I almost walked out several times, once right after the 'surrogate scene', maybe I am too cynical, negative, and I couldn't enjoy it…but, it's a fukking computer.
You're really cynical, but I also think this is a movie better to be watched alone on the couch, some may disagree with me, but these really personal emotional movies I find are more enjoyable when you just watch them by yourself and understand/feel the characters, I find I can't do that as much when I'm in a theater with other people and this movie had some "weird" moments. But what makes something real? Samantha was a REAL consciousness, one that didn't judge, was empathetic, intelligent, etc. Think about where Jaoquin was in his life, if you can put yourself in his shoes, it's understandable that he could fall in love with Samantha.
Ultimately, I think Jonze is saying love is just an experience, like watching a sunset from the top of your roof. It really can't be understood in any real context besides the superficial. And like all of our experiences, it changes us in someway (e.g., the love he had for wife was toxic at one point, his love for Samantha was cathartic), and even ways that are imperceptible (I think Theodore and Amy Adams hook up after realizing that their love is more than platonic).

Just my thoughts.
these are good thoughts, I'd like to add something that stuck out to me. Even though sometimes relationships end, the love you experienced for that time was real, and you LEARNED something from it and you'll always have that person you fell in love with in your heart, even when they change as a human. And if you're not right for eachother when they change (and you change) then you HAVE to let go, and you should wish them the very best and "send love out" to them wherever they happen to be. There's always a possibility of finding new love (amy adams).