Have y'all seen the new film "Her"?

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Haven't seen it. I'm seeing just from here that it's sparking some interesting... philosophical debates, though.

It's easy to see how it connects with some people. Folks fall for each other on the internet every day. Nothing but words on a computer screen. no physicality, no voice, no nothing.

The voice may as well be someone's "real" profile picture.

It really speaks to and on how fukked up social programming has us all on an emotional level. A lot of folks find it hard to connect with real people cause there's just too much unacceptable shyt in the way. Specific conditions that we've been taught to look for. Race, creed, color, looks, finance, background, body type, hair texture, potential..... and once the greater majority of people get past that, we ain't shyt but damaged goods expecting other people to help us deal with the mistakes that we were taught to make.

Internet aint shyt but words, ideas and emotional convergence. It's pure. Uncomplicated by anything but distance. There's not even any physical incompatibility to get in the way.

It's purely human. But there's nothing human about it.

What a sad world we live in.
You could see this manifested in the girl Samantha commissioned to sleep with him. It was all good from the back but when she turned around he was done cause she wasn't who he'd envisioned of Samantha this whole time.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
You could see this manifested in the girl Samantha commissioned to sleep with him. It was all good from the back but when she turned around he was done cause she wasn't who he'd envisioned of Samantha this whole time.
that science pissed me off, it made me remember that dude is a loser. He subconsciously wanted to be alone, that's why he blew off that Asian chick and chose to try to be with his OS.. What should have happened was he should have got with the Asian chick and had the AI as his side piece, she even provided him with a chick to fukk and he was too p*ssy to and in his feelings to fukk her.. I'm thinking what do you want.. He fukked up his marriage blew off the chick and put all his eggs in a fukking CPU, the lesson was you can't replace a human with tech and you can't move on until you get over your ex

And what in the fukk was up with that stupid ass mustache? And there was that one scene where him and his boy had their pants pulled up to their chest. :wtf: that shyt was ridiculous and unnecessary. Looking like they were 75 and shyt

Last edited:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
it was such an interesting movie that I feel like philosophizing about it will get us everywhere and nowhere. like the topic is more than superficial forum conversation

first of all, you see exactly what type of person you are when you are confronted by this movie. laugh, dont take it seriously? well you dont care about this silly stuff and are very much a realist. take it seriously, think about it? well you like a bit of the ol philosophizing and you probably read for fun, fukking nerd. and probably get easily depressed too. both ways of looking at things are equally valid.

personally, meeting someone free of judgement and sounding cute and sees everything with a good perspective would be very nice. like his ex-wife said, i'm not this bouncy, cheerful robot blah blah. she can really get the fukk outta here with that shyt. :camby: thats exactly the person who i'd want to balance my weird brooding about everything while also understanding me. and you saw how weak JP was, his ex-wife just wants to stick the dagger in further after he has come to terms with the loss, and he fully starts feeling weird about being with the OS even after it's commonly accepted.

not to mention that slut who changes her mind at the last minute and calls him a creep. if you've read enough from the 'quick lil gems thread' you'd be like.. shyt, i've read 50 posts about these bytches doing that same exact thing! so even these real women are even worse than the damn operating systems.

the surrogate scene was the weirdest, probably weakest scene but easily the most interesting. of course the whole mental vs physical connection thing that it's not even worth getting into.

the movie isnt anything special I think, not a classic, but just the ideas it brings makes it well worth watching. it won't be 'remember that classic movie' but 'remember that movie about falling in love with a computer'. an exercise about idea on a screen.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
:what: How the hell are people so caught up over a man falling in love with an OS. If you cant get past that dont watch film. "Her" makes it quiet clear that this isnt the central problem of the film. Phoenix's character wants to fall in love/be loved with dealing with all the dirt that comes along. He's looking for a safe onesided relationship. Look how quickly he sabotaged his blind date (enough he dodged a bullet) despite it going incredibly well. Its why his first marriage failed, its why

Sam started to stop fukking with him.

He's a selfish man with a warped sense of love (even though he writes amazing love letters for other people for a living) and no sense of intimacy. In a country where our divorce rate is nearly at 50%, im not surprised people dont get it because we dont get love.

Daps
it was such an interesting movie that I feel like philosophizing about it will get us everywhere and nowhere. like the topic is more than superficial forum conversation

first of all, you see exactly what type of person you are when you are confronted by this movie. laugh, dont take it seriously? well you dont care about this silly stuff and are very much a realist. take it seriously, think about it? well you like a bit of the ol philosophizing and you probably read for fun, fukking nerd. and probably get easily depressed too. both ways of looking at things are equally valid.

personally, meeting someone free of judgement and sounding cute and sees everything with a good perspective would be very nice. like his ex-wife said, i'm not this bouncy, cheerful robot blah blah. she can really get the fukk outta here with that shyt. :camby: thats exactly the person who i'd want to balance my weird brooding about everything while also understanding me. and you saw how weak JP was, his ex-wife just wants to stick the dagger in further after he has come to terms with the loss, and he fully starts feeling weird about being with the OS even after it's commonly accepted.

not to mention that slut who changes her mind at the last minute and calls him a creep. if you've read enough from the 'quick lil gems thread' you'd be like.. shyt, i've read 50 posts about these bytches doing that same exact thing! so even these real women are even worse than the damn operating systems.

the surrogate scene was the weirdest, probably weakest scene but easily the most interesting. of course the whole mental vs physical connection thing that it's not even worth getting into.

the movie isnt anything special I think, not a classic, but just the ideas it brings makes it well worth watching. it won't be 'remember that classic movie' but 'remember that movie about falling in love with a computer'. an exercise about idea on a screen.
:dahell::dahell::dahell::dahell::dahell::dahell:

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
Great movie...

Spike did it again. I am so glad Spike won a Oscar for this movie(screen writing). Everyone killed it acting wise, music was great and the story was original.

On a basic level this movie is about human relationships. But on another level, this movie is also about our relationships with technology. And Spike tries to combine the two into 1. Only Spike could pull this off.. :wow:

Last edited:

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
brehs I want his video game system from that movie :troll:

tumblr_n4n9xn3zzE1qdfs7xo1_250.gif

tumblr_n4n9xn3zzE1qdfs7xo10_250.gif