"Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs Are On Top" **Superbowl Champions Eagles OffSeason Thread**

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Like we all thought, looks like Tre's on his way out:

Tight end Trey Burton played an integral role in the Eagles' Super Bowl LII victory over the New England Patriots, tossing a historic touchdown pass to Nick Foles on the "Philly Special" play, but he could play elsewhere in 2018.

The Eagles have made an offer that Burton "didn't consider serious," and unless the offer is sweetened, Burton likely will sign with another team, a person with knowledge of the negotiations told NJ Advance Media.

The Eagles are roughly $9.6 million above the salary cap, heading into free agency. Burton could be the top tight end available, so, it could be difficult for the Eagles to retain him.

"We are fully expecting Trey to sign elsewhere," said the person, who requested anonymity because the person was not authorized to speak publicly about the contract talks.

Last season, Burton caught 23 passes for 248 yards and a career-high five touchdowns in 15 games, playing behind Pro Bowler Zach Ertz on the Eagles' depth chart.

In four seasons with the Eagles, Burton has accounted for 63 catches for 629 yards and six touchdowns.

The Eagles will need to address tight end via free agency or the draft, with Brent Celek's possible retirement and Burton's potential departure.

www.nj.com

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
Like we all thought, looks like Tre's on his way out:

www.nj.com
Sad to see him to dip out, liked him since he was rocking the 47

If we can get antonio gates on a cheap one year to ring chase then draft a TE with a 4th round pick (either the south Dakota or Penn State kid) TE should be the easiest need to fix

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
I kind of want to see billy brown get a chance in that Burton role. He has definite receiving skill but i have no clue how complete of a player he is.

The Eagles seem fairly high on him though.

I'd also love for Zaruba to make an impact but that's 100% based on him being a Canadian with some cool rugby highlights and not based on anything I've seen football wise.

I'd rather try and get a dirt cheap blocking TE in free agency or see if we could get Celek to take a deal at like $1 mil than try and go after someone like Gates or use a draft pick on a TE

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
I kind of want to see billy brown get a chance in that Burton role. He has definite receiving skill but i have no clue how complete of a player he is.

The Eagles seem fairly high on him though.

I'd also love for Zaruba to make an impact but that's 100% based on him being a Canadian with some cool rugby highlights and not based on anything I've seen football wise.

I'd rather try and get a dirt cheap blocking TE in free agency or see if we could get Celek to take a deal at like $1 mil than try and go after someone like Gates or use a draft pick on a TE
I actually forgot about Billy brown, this might change things actually

Im rooting for Zaruba, but I think he won't have the technique at this level. Might be a better athlete. Kinda like Jarrod Hayne.

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
I actually forgot about Billy brown, this might change things actually

Im rooting for Zaruba, but I think he won't have the technique at this level. Might be a better athlete. Kinda like Jarrod Hayne.
Yeah Zaruba is beyond a long shot probably. Him being a fellow canadian, running a 4.49 40, and this video
are the only reasons i care at all .

But yeah if Brown makes it as a third TE, I think we need a blocker as our other TE. Pretty much exactly like Celek was this year. Gates is pretty much the opposite of that.

But who knows, maybe Brown doesn't progress, Zaruba stays a nobody and we end up needing someone just like Gates to run the routes Burton was running this year

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I feel like they definitely will go for a pass catcher for the 2nd TE. Just gives us a lot of options and threats out there. Gates would be good

definitely wanna see what billy brown and zaruba can do

can one of you smiley kings brush this up to a solid gif worthy of a super bowl team

:SBnickfoles:

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
I ain't gonna act like I know what's best for safety, but Jalen bite on every double move into a PI Mills can't be on the outside anymore:manny:

he does but at safety he wont be defending a man - he will be defending real estate...thats why safety is a better move than nickle for Jalen..imagine Mills at the nickle :merchant:
...talk about getting shaked on DM's - :damn:

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
donnie retirement saves us $1.63 mil in cap space

tenor.gif

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
Im starting to lean towards DT for the first pick

I kinda like the idea of getting another killer on the D line that can take Beau's spot and get his feet wet like Barnett

I also wouldn't mind a safety, Guard or a WR

As much as we need depth at LB, Tackle, TE and where ever, i just feel like you can fill the depth there later on and we'd be risking a high pick on a guy who probably wont play.

If Howie can find a way to trade back and gets into the 2nd and 3rd round, look at the name Tim Settle...he looks like a NT- but he crazy fast and disruptive- he has to control his weight but he maybe more disruptive than Vita Vea

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
If Howie can find a way to trade back and gets into the 2nd and 3rd round, look at the name Time Settle...he looks like a NT- but he crazy fast and disruptive- he has to control his weight but he maybe more disruptive than Vita Vea
:ohhh:

him with cox would give us potentially a GOAT D line as well as WOAT D line celebrations :mjlol: