Has Paul George been exposed?

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Too much ball sticking in OKC.. when PG was in Indy under Vogel they actually moved the rock and PG got the ball in good spots that’s why he was so successful..

Now watch when PG bounce he will be back to form again..
He had the same numbers in Indiana so what does that mean? He's actually shooting better from 3 pt than he has in his whole career..

When Westbrook drives George or Melo are usually wide open... Maybe they'e not use to that?

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
PG-13 LITERALLY said this week( and im paraphrasing): "my arm ain't shootin the ball right at this time; not sure what's wrong, but i'll try to fix it"

da fuq Russ gotta do with this nikka's arm not mechanically working as expected?

who knew this whole time that we shoulda been looking at the Caddy, when Tiger Woods threw his back out?

The arm thing is a recent occurence. I’m talking about the overall general season. PG contribution to wins this season is better then with the pacers. He’s the only one shooting remotely decent from the perimeter but fukking Melo and Russ clank contested jumpers all during crunch time in the fourth. There is a reason their point differential is shyt and they barely have a winning record in close games. I won’t even get started on the load he asked to carry on the defense because Roberson is gone, melo sucks, and Russ is lazy. It just doesn’t work in OKC. The Lakers aren’t exactly terrible and have a much brighter future. Hell im sure they would be in OKC spot if George was there now since they have about 37 wins

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
maybe he shouldn't shoot as many 3's and focus on getting to the rim or using his midrange more especially with him struggling to shoot. You have to develop other parts of your game more.
He’s shooting .39% from 3 this year ...

Let me ask you ... do you know if that’s good or bad?

Let’s start there :jbhmm:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
That leg injury mentally scarred him from attacking the basket. If he would attack like he did before that he would add about 10 more pts to his average
He’s actually shooting 19.8% of his shots from 0-3 feet range that’s up over the past 3 seasons and it’s the most he’s shot from that range since the year before his injury when it was at 20.4%

But why would a coli poster actually know what they’re talking about :pachaha:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He’s shooting .39% from 3 this year ...

Let me ask you ... do you know if that’s good or bad?

Let’s start there :jbhmm:

he was over 40% in the first half and has struggled since the ASB. Again he has other parts of his game. His 3 isn't falling and he's still taking them at a high clip.

Let me ask you this; In the last 5 games in which OKC is 1-4 Paul George is shooting 10-36 from 3 which is abysmal correct? They lose to portland by 3 and he's 0-7 on 3's. What do you think would've happened if maybe he attacked the paint more or shot 4 more midrange shots and made 2/4? Now before you come back saying "well it's more than that" let me tell you the difference between winning and losing in the league is microscopic.

The warriors game he's 3-9 from 3 and they lose by 4 points... What if he goes to the basket and draws contact and shoots free throws? Could that had affected the outcome of the game.

PG has a sweet midrange game and can get to the cup, he settles for way too many 3's despite his really good percentages it doesn't tell the entire story...

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
he was over 40% in the first half and has struggled since the ASB. Again he has other parts of his game. His 3 isn't falling and he's still taking them at a high clip.

Let me ask you this; In the last 5 games in which OKC is 1-4 Paul George is shooting 10-36 from 3 which is abysmal correct? They lose to portland by 3 and he's 0-7 on 3's. What do you think would've happened if maybe he attacked the paint more or shot 4 more midrange shots and made 2/4? Now before you come back saying "well it's more than that" let me tell you the difference between winning and losing in the league is microscopic.

The warriors game he's 3-9 from 3 and they lose by 4 points... What if he goes to the basket and draws contact and shoots free throws? Could that had affected the outcome of the game.

PG has a sweet midrange game and can get to the cup, he settles for way too many 3's despite his really good percentages it doesn't tell the entire story...

Why do people assume that midrange shots are easy to get?

Midrange shots are the hardest and most inefficient shots in basketball.

It's a shot that defenses today give up because most midrange shots come off the dribble and they don't draw fouls.

80 percent of Paul George 3 pointers are assisted.

Why would he give up an easy assisted 3 point shot to dribble into a bad shot that is worth less points...

The midrange shot is a bailout shot that defenses force. The midrange area is small, cramped and easy to defend.

Unless you are some stretch big that is sitting screens and pick and popping...the midrange shot is trash.

You have to shoot at least 45 percent from midrange for that shot to be valuable. Most NBA players shoot around 38 percent. You better off taking at a 3 with those percentages.

Very few times even run midrange catch and shoot plays. shyt I think the Warriors are the only team that even run plays to get a midrange shot...but then again, they got Kevin Durant now so it makes sense. Kevin Durant is a midrange god. The man regularly shoots 45 plus percent from there.

Paul George can't shoot from the midrange area...he isn't a good midrange shooter. He's good at taking threes, he ain't even good at getting to the rim in the halfcourt.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps

This is kind of like a rudimentary type of Point you are attempting to make here .... of course if you convert more shots you score more points that can be said for any type of attempt he’s taking ... however if his arm issues or whatever it is ..is impacting his jump shot as he’s saying I’m pretty sure his mid range shot would be impacted because of that also (I can probably go find his shot charts for these games to confirm that btw)... additionally as I’ve posted before he’s taken the most amount of shots from 0-3 feet this year as he’s done since the season before his injury ... so to blindly insinuate that he’s not been attacking the rim this year is showing a clear disconnect from the reality of his seasons output

The fact of the matter is you are talking about a Career 37% 3pt shooter who’s hovered around 40% 3 of the last 4 seasons ... you don’t just say ... “hey ... I’m going to throw away my entire playing style which has made me a 5x all star and 3x all nba player because I’m having a shooting slump” :mjlol:

That’s just silly ...and it also shows that you might not understand the composition of that Thunder roster and why it’s critical that he does get up that many 3 point attempts ...but if you want to blame one player for ALL of a teams woe’s than conversely I suppose he and his 3point jump shot are the sole reason the thunder are even in a position to be in the playoffs to begin with ..considering how many games his hot 3 Point shooting played a pivotal role in the point differential of the games in the first half of the season... I’m sure I could go cherry pick a handful of games during that period to underscore that point in the same way you just attempted to do :mjlol: