Has Nas recent run of excellence put him ahead of Jay-Z on your all-time list?

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Outside of Untitled Nas hasnt dropped a good album since The Lost Tapes... Life is Good seems to be looking up though based off the singles...

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
No, but both have faces on the Mt. Rushmore of hip hop so at the end of the day it doesnt even matter.

I think its ridiculous to say in terms of rap skills either one is far superior to the other. Each has something they do better than the other. We are blessed to have had these two legends in hip hop.

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
good question. i think we can all agree jay is more versatile and at least before he retired was more consistent. But even though Nas is probably only powerful in one lane of hip hop, that lane to me is more important than all the other lanes. like who cares if Nas can't make a great Girl song? Or great Southern Song? Or ride every type of beat? fact is, the sh!t that Nas do, which is document black street humanity, is what Hip Hop was made for, and Nas is the King of that ish, so to me, he ahead of Jay. and like someone said, with each passing, year, jay getting demoted with each corny move and garbage songs.

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
If he isn't already ahead of him, or did he just strengthen his G.O.A.T. of all time position?? because i've always gone back and forth between the two, as far as who's higher on the list, but since Nas been on this run, he's UNQUESTIONABLY better than Jay in my eyes. not to mention, i expect Life Is Good to be nothing short of 4 mics at least.

Nas recent run:

Distant Relatives album (it's what started his run imo)
Verse on Champion
Verse on Ghetto Dreams
Like Smoke
The Don
Daughters being his best single and video in a decade
Verse on Kings and Queens
Verse on Tha Carter IV Outro
Verse on This Thing Of Ours
Verse on Feel Inside
Nasty
Verse on Running
Verse on Something
Verse on Chain Glow
Verse on Triple Beam Dreams
:wow: :wow: :lawd:

I think that is it, but i might be missing something

his verse on "Heartbeat" was sick too:ahh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
to me the main difference is that jay songs marked the charts but are forgetable nowadays, I mean if you pop even hot jay z songs from like 98 2003, thoses songs will songs out of place, like you know excatly when thoses songs where dropped. They don't have that same replay valu than nas' songs. A song like mo money mo cash mo hoes is typically that type of hot songs that was hot at the time but now it fells outdated. A song like who are you or war is timeless

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
LOL@ the thought of Jay-Z winning any kind of poll like this vs. Nas on the internet. They're the two of the three best ever, move on. I didn't even listen to Distant Relatives.

Nothing they do from here on out will change their stature in the game.

But LOL@the dude that said Jay's stuff sounds dated and said Nas doesn't. Like Nas doesn't have tracks with Ginuwine. Then the guy uses 98-2003.

So we're going to sit here and say that Hard Knock Life is dated? That the Black Album sounds dated? That The Blueprint sounds dated? Stop it. Some of the songs on the volumes sound dated though.

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Has max b ever put out a good album?

VigilanteSeason-300x300.jpg

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
I hate these arguments.

Whoever like Nas is going to like Nas. Same with Jay. Where ever they are at on people's LIST is where they will stay.

This discussion is similar to people who argue about Kobe and Jordan. (Jordan FTW)

^This.