Has a player ever had as big an impact post-retirement on the NBA as Kobe Bryant?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im not gonna go overboard and say Kobe is more influential than MJ, but i think its clear Kobe has a cult-like fanbase and its permeating the NBA right now. I'd say Kobe is the 2nd most influential.

You gotta remember Kobe is the one who created the culture of dikkriding a legend so bad you play your whole career trying to be him, Kyrie is just following tradition #thekobesystem

but MJ is the godfather of all this. Tbh i can't really put Kobe above MJ is many matters. No MJ, there might just be no Kobe the way we knew him.

Maybe the truth is he's just the GOAT. You don't get this many high caliber athletes looking up to you by happenstance. The fact Kobe got NBA all-stars stannig him like normal fans shows how great he truly is.

McPiff

#goat
Daps
You need help OP.

To be such an anti-social loner Kobe is surprisingly in contact and mentoring a lot of up and comers. I don't think MJ would be giving these lil nikkas anything. He only offered Kobe that grace because he came at his neck. I can't picture MJ sitting around encouraging young players without ulterior motives. He giving the nikkas the science on Bron's flaws just to keep his ring count low :laugh:

:mjlol: that shyt was priceless

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You need help OP.

Do you think Kyrie Irving, Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, Russell Westbrook, Draymond Green, Klay Thompson, Andrew Wiggins, Zach Lavine, Devin Booker, and Jayson Tatum need help as well?

Cause they're the Kobe stans that are proving me with the material to make threads like this.

Be mad that your favorite player's favorite player is Kobe.

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
Do you think Kyrie Irving, Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, Russell Westbrook, Draymond Green, Klay Thompson, Andrew Wiggins, Zach Lavine, Devin Booker, and Jayson Tatum need help as well?

Cause they're the Kobe stans that are proving me with the material to make threads like this.

Be mad that your favorite player's favorite player is Kobe.

I respect Kobe, but for the thread title it's MJ. MJ basically took the game to a global level, merchandise, commercials, he's known everywhere in the world, and that was before social media. It's a reason his shoes are still top selling to this day. He's the GOAT.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
And you're #1 on that list when it comes to being obsessed with Kobe cause you happen to be in every single thread making a comment.

nikka reps LA and says fukk the Lakers.....nikkas whole fandom is dictated through Kobe hate :laff:

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
And you're #1 on that list when it comes to being obsessed with Kobe cause you happen to be in every single thread making a comment.
You're making a daily thread. Dude is long gone, if you weren't so desperately trying to bring him up constantly I wouldn't mention him. You don't see me making threads about this recycled bullshyt. Its over.

camer999

All Star
Daps
Players who admire lebron are JUST coming into the league. Regardless many do look up to Kobe but honest his and jordans game are much easier to copy (he is just a less athletic version of him to me). Most of lebrons game is athleticism/bbiq/court vision. Basically a bunch of unteachable shyt.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Players who admire lebron are JUST coming into the league. Regardless many do look up to Kobe but honest his and jordans game are much easier to copy (he is just a less athletic version of him to me). Most of lebrons game is athleticism/bbiq/court vision. Basically a bunch of unteachable shyt.

LeBron's game is also ugly to watch. From a purely entertainment standpoint he pales in comparison to Kobe and Jordan.

Its the reason why in places like China that ain't exposed to the American media's manipulation, Kobe was far and away the most popular American athlete during the Olympics.

LeBron was no different than the rest of the team USA guys compared to Kobe when they were in China. That's cause the Chinese just appreciate the sport for what it is. While here in America you got a sports media that likes to push agendas.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Who else you know has had every all-star caliber guard/forward trying to work out with them during the summer to improve their game? Only former player I've seen multiple stars go to for help in the summer is Hakeem. Other than Kobe, no elite SG/SF in the early 2000s was checking for Jordan like that after he retired. In fact people used the fact Kobe patterned his game after Jordan as a tool to attack Kobe for not being original but just a copy.

Now Kobe is the guy young players are patterning their game after. Nearly every young future star wing player like Andrew Wiggins, Jayson Tatum, Zach LaVine, and Devin Booker say they patterned their game after Kobe and look to him as a model. They're now trying to be the "next Kobe" just like in the late 90s and early 2000s there was the search for the "next Jordan".

Then you got the fact that there are multiple all-stars during the last 2 playoffs saying Kobe's advice helped them succeed. Draymond Green said Kobe's texts help the Warriors come back from being down 3-1 to the Thunder. And then this year you had Isaiah Thomas saying Kobe reviewing his film helped him score 50+ in the playoffs. Jordan wasn't giving guidance to young players after he retired during the playoffs on how to succeed. And now, off Kobe's advice, Kyrie Irving is basically dismantling the 2nd best team in the NBA that has been to 3 straight finals.

Kobe Bryant's fingerprints are all over the NBA right now. He's been retired for over a year and he's just as influential as he was when he played.
:snoop:

everyone was TRYING to work out with MJ... difference is MJ was on his :mjpls: and it was well known he wasn't fukking helping nikkas do shyt. this is the reason he still shyts on kobe to this day, talking about how he stole all his moves. you think he was gonna go out there and train a nikka to steal all his moves? hell fukking nah.. wasn't gonna be any training or advice going on around here :ufdup:

so you're both wrong and right.. kobe has put his hands into the pot a lot more.. but overall influence on the game? are you serious? cause he training a few nikkas and giving advice.. now's he's more influential on the NBA than michael fukking jordan nikka :camby:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're making a daily thread. Dude is long gone, if you weren't so desperately trying to bring him up constantly I wouldn't mention him. You don't see me making threads about this recycled bullshyt. Its over.

But I do see you posting in everyone of them. If nobody responded to the threads I wouldn't post them. But obviously there is a market for daily Kobe threads since you are my #1 client.