Has a player ever had as big an impact post-retirement on the NBA as Kobe Bryant?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Basketball is a team sport. Kobe had Shaq putting in MOST of the work for those 1st 3 rings and his 4th came against a one man team lead by Dwight Howard. He faced pretty trash competition in The Finals outside of Detroit and Boston.

LeBron on the other hand faced a gauntlet. 1st Finals against The Spurs when he was what 21? That was a one man team led by himself. 0-1

Then he faces Dallas. That was entirely on him. If he hadn't of sat on his ass all day and actually tried to develop a Jumper or post game years earlier, then that's an easy win. 0-2

OKC.1-2

Spurs. 2-2

The next year, the Spurs shoot like 65% for an entire series and Bron is the only one that shows up. Boris Diaw played great defense on him. I read something on Reddit where it showed that he actually did a MUCH better job on him than Kawhi. 2-3.

Then his 2nd and 3rd options get hurt and he still manages to carry a team full of support players to 6 games. JR was ass this series. 2-4

They beat GS. 3-4

Golden State adds the dude who was widely believed to be the 2nd best player in the league. KD had been only SLIGHTLY below LeBron for the past 3 years. KD imo is a better offensive player than Jordan and nikkas expected Bron to be able to cover him....at the age of 32:snoop:. 3-5

Kobe would've had the same record if he was given the same team and same opponents.

Kobe still went 2-1 without Shaq in the finals. That's a .667 winning percentage. Still way better than anything LeBron has done.

The notion LeBron has faced tougher competition is simply your opinion. I believe the league overall is much weaker now than it was in the late 2000s so no LeBron hasn't faced better competition. The Spurs LeBron faced were simply an older version of the Spurs Kobe dismantled in 2008. The Warriors are overrated as fukk. A team with no bigs that Kobe's 2009 Lakers would easily beat.

And even if I concede to you on the argument that LeBron faced tougher teams in the finals that still doesn't change anything because LeBron also had more talent around him. While Kobe only played with one all-star (Pau Gasol) in 2008-2010, LeBron has always had at least 2 all-stars by his side (Wade, Bosh, Irving, Love). So even if he played tougher teams, he had more help so the shyt evened out.

At the end of the day, you can't spin This fact. 5-2 >>> 3-5. Period. And that is all that needs to be said.

Trece

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Basketball is a team sport. Kobe had Shaq putting in MOST of the work for those 1st 3 rings and his 4th came against a one man team lead by Dwight Howard. He faced pretty trash competition in The Finals outside of Detroit and Boston.

LeBron on the other hand faced a gauntlet. 1st Finals against The Spurs when he was what 21? That was a one man team led by himself. 0-1

Then he faces Dallas. That was entirely on him. If he hadn't of sat on his ass all day and actually tried to develop a Jumper or post game years earlier, then that's an easy win. 0-2

OKC.1-2

Spurs. 2-2

The next year, the Spurs shoot like 65% for an entire series and Bron is the only one that shows up. Boris Diaw played great defense on him. I read something on Reddit where it showed that he actually did a MUCH better job on him than Kawhi. 2-3.

Then his 2nd and 3rd options get hurt and he still manages to carry a team full of support players to 6 games. JR was ass this series. 2-4

They beat GS. 3-4

Golden State adds the dude who was widely believed to be the 2nd best player in the league. KD had been only SLIGHTLY below LeBron for the past 3 years. KD imo is a better offensive player than Jordan and nikkas expected Bron to be able to cover him....at the age of 32:snoop:. 3-5

Kobe would've had the same record if he was given the same team and same opponents.

Write out this long winded bullshyt essay to defend Brons honor brehs?

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
LOL @ Shaq doing *most* of the work for the 3 rings....y'all gonna have to give that up. 2000 you can say that but for 2001 and 2002, FOH :camby:

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
and to say Kobe would have the same record as Bron in the finals with the same teammates is HILARIOUSSSSS

Kobe with Wade and Bosh would've lost to Dallas in 2011? Really? Really??? :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: Even with that bum ass knee he had that season, he would've mustered up more than that 17ppg or whatever Bron put up:mjlol:

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Kobe still went 2-1 without Shaq in the finals. That's a .667 winning percentage. Still way better than anything LeBron has done.

The notion LeBron has faced tougher competition is simply your opinion. I believe the league overall is much weaker now than it was in the late 2000s so no LeBron hasn't faced better competition. The Spurs LeBron faced were simply an older version of the Spurs Kobe dismantled in 2008. The Warriors are overrated as fukk. A team with no bigs that Kobe's 2009 Lakers would easily beat.

And even if I concede to you on the argument that LeBron faced tougher teams in the finals that still doesn't change anything because LeBron also had more talent around him. While Kobe only played with one all-star (Pau Gasol) in 2008-2010, LeBron has always had at least 2 all-stars by his side (Wade, Bosh, Irving, Love). So even if he played tougher teams, he had more help so the shyt evened out.

At the end of the day, you can't spin This fact. 5-2 >>> 3-5. Period. And that is all that needs to be said.
:mjlol:
LOL @ Shaq doing *most* of the work for the 3 rings....y'all gonna have to give that up. 2000 you can say that but for 2001 and 2002, FOH :camby:
He did tho:skip:.
and to say Kobe would have the same record as Bron in the finals with the same teammates is HILARIOUSSSSS

Kobe with Wade and Bosh would've lost to Dallas in 2011? Really? Really??? :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: Even with that bum ass knee he had that season, he would've mustered up more than that 17ppg or whatever Bron put up:mjlol:
Kobe wins that series, but he loses versus either San Antonio, OKC or The Warriors in 2016.

You know what.. I'll spot you a Kobe who was the same age as LeBron during his Finals runs. I bet money that Kobe STILL has the same record as Bron does currently.

Matter of fact, someone make a thread on this.

Edit: I mean that if you drop a Kobe onto the same teams that Bron brought to the finals at the same age as Bron at that time.

Trece

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Something about whiteness causes them to lack soul.

Bron's robotic style has no soul so it appeals to them.

Kobe's elegant style got too much soul so it scares them.

I think it is because cacs love stats and Bron is a stat padding fakkit..
Also they still mad that Kobe touched a white girl in Colorado and they see Bron as the black man that stays in his lane and follows the rules.

Trece

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Kobe wins that series, but he loses versus either San Antonio, OKC or The Warriors in 2016.

You know what.. I'll spot you a Kobe who was the same age as LeBron during his Finals runs. I bet money that Kobe STILL has the same record as Bron does currently.

And how do you expect to win a bet off of a hypothetical CAC?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it is because cacs love stats and Bron is a stat padding fakkit..
Also they still mad that Kobe touched a white girl in Colorado and they see Bron as the black man that stays in his lane and follows the rules.

They rely on stats cause they don't really know how to play the game.

That's why I always tell the cacs on this site they should follow hockey instead. It more suited for their kind.

There's a reason almost every former or current NBA player says Kobe is better than LeBron.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps

if Kobe was in the same exact situations as Bron at the same age he'd be 4-4 or 5-3. With a healthy team in 2015 he don't lose to the Warriors, but you could probably say the same for Bron. Kobe probably doesn't lose to those bum ass Spurs either, imagine a prime Kobe getting locked up by Kawai Leonard and allowing them to shoot 65%.:mjlol:

:mjlol: LOL @ Kobe losing to OKC

Either way you wanna cut it theres no way they'd have the same record because Kobe doesn't lose to Dallas, and theres no team Bron beat that Kobe would've lost to. So at minimum Kobe goes 4-4.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
if Kobe was in the same exact situations as Bron at the same age he'd be 4-4 or 5-3. With a healthy team in 2015 he don't lose to the Warriors, but you could probably say the same for Bron. Kobe probably doesn't lose to those bum ass Spurs either, imagine a prime Kobe getting locked up by Kawai Leonard and allowing them to shoot 65%.:mjlol:

:mjlol: LOL @ Kobe losing to OKC

Either way you wanna cut it theres no way they'd have the same record because Kobe doesn't lose to Dallas, and theres no team Bron beat that Kobe would've lost to. So at minimum Kobe goes 4-4.
No way Bron with a healthy team loses in 2015 and No way in hell does Kobe win vs either Spurs team.

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
The Kobe stanning is hilarious because it's 100% troll game. :mjlol:

It's obvious Kobe isn't the GOAT because he's a straight up MJ knockoff. Then on top of that, the True GOAT rose on his watch.

But these nikkas followed the false prophet and after it became evident they just still run with the joke. At the very least you can say they have a sense of humor about themselves but sometimes I think they forget it's a joke and take it to unhealthy levels. :scusthov: