Has a player ever had as big an impact post-retirement on the NBA as Kobe Bryant?

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
To be such an anti-social loner Kobe is surprisingly in contact and mentoring a lot of up and comers. I don't think MJ would be giving these lil nikkas anything. He only offered Kobe that grace because he came at his neck. I can't picture MJ sitting around encouraging young players without ulterior motives. He giving the nikkas the science on Bron's flaws just to keep his ring count low :laugh:

Ben.

Heisenbrook
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, FL
Why am I not surprised that its some cac with a LeBron avi saying this.

You mad Kobe is more respected by LeBron's own teammates than LeBron himself?
You're the only reason anyone bring this dude up, I would never have heard for the past couple months, if you didn't make a thread about him every day like a groupie hoe.

Seek help breh :hhh:

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Im not gonna go overboard and say Kobe is more influential than MJ, but i think its clear Kobe has a cult-like fanbase and its permeating the NBA right now. I'd say Kobe is the 2nd most influential.

You gotta remember Kobe is the one who created the culture of dikkriding a legend so bad you play your whole career trying to be him, Kyrie is just following tradition #thekobesystem

but MJ is the godfather of all this. Tbh i can't really put Kobe above MJ is many matters. No MJ, there might just be no Kobe the way we knew him.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're the only reason anyone bring this dude up, I would never have heard for the past couple months, if you didn't make a thread about him every day like a groupie hoe.

Seek help breh :hhh:

So you're saying you don't follow the NBA?

That's the only way you wouldn't have heard about Kobe.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jordan had waaaaaaaaaaay more impact just off of his shoes alone.

LeBron has more non-basketball related impact

Magic and Bird literally saved the game while Jordan made it global.

In what universe? Even with the media trying their hardest to make him the face of basketball, Kobe's been more popular GLOBALLY by a wide margin than LeBron could ever hope to be.

Just go back to the 2008 Olympics in China. Kobe was literally a God over there. Nobody knew or cared for LeBron. That shocked the American media when they got there, cause they were already trying to push Kobe out back then in favor of LeBron. Too bad the public disagreed.

And right now you're seeing it in the NBA among the players. Kobe is way more revered by his peers than LeBron has ever or will ever be.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What everyone is compare to Jordan not kobe :gucci:

What are you? 40 years old?

Everyone born on or after 1988 only knows Kobe. That's why all the guys in the league now say it was Kobe that inspired them. That it was Kobe they patterned their game after. Etc.

Jordan is basically irrelevant outside of his shoes to everyone who is 30 years old or younger.