Harvard Won't Give Cornel West Tenure

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
10k is nothing for someone of his caliber. You throwing dirt on his name for being reasonable?

:gucci:
That cac David Brooks who writes for the NYT and is known for being a moron gets like $50k+ per speaking engagement - dude spoke at UChicago's graduation a few years ago and lamented about not getting p*ssy during college :mjlol:

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
He teaches a couple of classes every semester and publishes frequently - that's exactly what higher-ed institutions want.

Trust me on this, its racism, Zionism, and him being too comfortable calling them out about affirmative action and labor issues.

Exactly. If someone as impactful, well-known, and deeply “resumed” (reh-zoo-mayed) as Cornell West cannot get tenure then what are the requirements? Probably whiteness in tone that can only be overcame by whiteness in thought. There’s probably some bum ass professor that reads off the slides that has tenure there.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
He teaches a couple of classes every semester and publishes frequently - that's exactly what higher-ed institutions want.

Trust me on this, its racism, Zionism, and him being too comfortable calling them out about affirmative action and labor issues.

I feel you bruh, and every black man should get paid his worth, but he has it at others schools and has the autonomy to get a platform and collect a check, any where at any school, he doesn’t need Harvard, it’s just easy money and a lot of it, and this is me personally, when the shoe was on the other foot to help a small black organization in a program that does not see many blacks, he didn’t attempt to work with us, but now he wants the general public to put pressure on Harvard so he can keep collecting his 100 plus k a year salary easy :stopitslime:

So you're turned away from a man's message cause you could not afford his service:hhh: you would of sounded less of a bytch if you just said you don't believe in the man or message but you were trying to get him to speak at your school so.....

i didn’t specify his message, i said turned away, i don’t hero worship anyone, and he has some great messages but as a person he’s not a great person, and you know nothing of my character so stop with the I’m a bytch bullshyt, just say you would act different and keep it moving

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
10k is nothing for someone of his caliber. You throwing dirt on his name for being reasonable?

:gucci:

i didn’t throw dirt on his name, and I’m not my schools pockets, i literally brought this to the number 2 man on our campus, and they were like can he lower the 10k and again it might have been more but that was approximate to what he asked

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Interesting, I guess he’s earned it

he probably can get that and then some, but for me, knowing the organization and the pockets, you can work around, because even if he got a free trip and a couple grand that’s a win, but i can’t knock his money and his hustle, it just rubbed me the wrong way

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He isn't exactly the covert kind of guy. Sometimes you gotta play a long finesse game instead of trying to go in leroy jenkins style. Them cacs smelled him a mile awhile. :pachaha:
Eh, why hire him at all then. You’re good enough to teach but not be tenured. This is rooted in racism. good enough to be a slave but enough for freedom. Tenure would make them on equal footing and they don’t want that.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
he probably can get that and then some, but for me, knowing the organization and the pockets, you can work around, because even if he got a free trip and a couple grand that’s a win, but i can’t knock his money and his hustle, it just rubbed me the wrong way
Your gesture was too grand. Sounds like you wanted the “hook up” and didn’t really view him as good enough to charge the price he did so tried to haggle with him.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Thanks for posting the thread. Seems more suited for HL, though. Some of the early comments here confirm why.

Being the annointed/appointed spokesperson for Blacks has strings attached. Once you don't promote what the backers support, you are pushed to the side. The removal of Dr. West as a talking head and public intellectual has been one of the more eye opening things I've seen happen in real life.

Speaking of things I've seen in real life, the politics involved in the ivory tower and Black professors often involve racism, ego, backstabbing, and new "stars" emerging at an institution. All are at play here in my view along with West's support of BDS.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
i think he wanted 10 grand, and i might be low balling it bruh, first class flight a 4 star or better hotel plus i think all expenses paid for the food or a ridiculous stipend per day like 300

nikka you sound low-rent AF.

I charged a company $11k to do a technical training in my fukking gym shorts in the comforts of my living room over Zoom. I’m not going to make any assumptions but you seem to me like one of the types that don’t really know how much money is floating around out here. You should have felt embarrassed even asking him to go below $10k + Travel, Lodging, and Per Diem. nikka you either got the chips or you don’t.

Talking about a nikka that’s internationally known should have just been happy with a free trip and a couple racks. You know how many free trips this nikka been on? How many filet mignons and unlimited wine nights he been on for free? You came at his booking agent like Cornell west was some Hebrew Israelite nikka yelling on 125th...that’s how you at one of them nikkas....not a critically acclaimed professor.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Your gesture was too grand. Sounds like you wanted the “hook up” and didn’t really view him as good enough to charge the price he did so tried to haggle with him.

I’ll stop you there i wasn’t looking for a hook up, this was after i literally brought this to the number 2 man on our campus, they asked could he lower it, the organization I’m a part of had a limited budget like all of the organizations, i tried to present how this would have made my school immensely more of a presence in the media and they could have charged and made the money back but they didn’t go for it, and asked could he reduce, i did and they was like nah we can’t

since you making assumptions @Deuterion ill cc you in this response, and for the second time none of you know me, so do t make assumptions about my character

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
Eh, why hire him at all then. You’re good enough to teach but not be tenured. This is rooted in racism. good enough to be a slave but enough for freedom. Tenure would make them on equal footing and they don’t want that.
Dude ain't no slave. That's hyperbolic as hell. He just ain't get what he want. There is a game, and someone in charge don't fukk with him like that, he benefitted from Harvard and Harvard benefitted from him but they don't owe him shyt tbh. Pretty sure he critcisized Harvard or someone close to Harvard at some point, and he lost his tenure because of that, this happens all the time, nikkas mess up they own bag like Nick and that Carano chick then come to whine about it, things change overtime. It's just what it is. You are gonna lose out by being the anti establishment maverick. Accept it. nikkas want to be anti establishment and be embraced by the same establishment, low social IQ mothafukkers.:manny: nikkas need to work on how they move instead being the realest one in the room. Be the silent nikka making big moves behind the scenes.