Harvard Won't Give Cornel West Tenure

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
:manny: I tried to get him to speak at my chiropractic school and that nikka refused to come down on his price and things he demanded to speak, I’m all for getting it how you live, but every school doesn’t have that capital allotted towards a black organization, I’m sure he’s a good guy and has his detractors, but that whole ordeal turned me away
A friend of mine booked him a few years ago at Penn State. Said dude is a a$$hole.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
:dahell:

He is a world renowned scholar he didn't want to speak at a chiropractor school, instead of being rude he just made demands he knew you couldn't meet.

You don’t know that, and honestly, it was all his booker she was kind but they wasn’t budging, and i know his ass would love to come to atl

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"He said his request was denied based on the substance of his work.”

Sounds like the people at Harvard need to clarify this. What the hell does "substance of his work" even mean? That's way too broad a phrase to tell us anything.
And the denial to Lorgia Garcia Pena might suggest a pattern or systemic issue at Harvard.

Part of me thinks..."Screw it. Go elsewhere. Harvard isn't for you". But at the same time if there's a pattern of discrimination, I think that should be investigated and dealt with.

The problem that will probably come out of this is that people who disagree with Cornell West's politics or religious views or personality will let that cloud the issue here.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:manny: I tried to get him to speak at my chiropractic school and that nikka refused to come down on his price and things he demanded to speak, I’m all for getting it how you live, but every school doesn’t have that capital allotted towards a black organization, I’m sure he’s a good guy and has his detractors, but that whole ordeal turned me away
How much did he want?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nikka is almost 70.....fuk he need tenure for? He gonna be retired in 5 years
Tenure grants a professor permanent employment at their university and protects them from being fired without cause. The concept is closely tied to academic freedom, as the security of tenure allows professors to research and teach any topic—even controversial ones.

The bold is what they don’t want.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Props to you for being successful breh but at the same time :dead:

“Much like the backs of patients YOU the graduating class of 2020 must crack and readjust the spine of America and it’s deeply entrenched tissues of inequality”

the student black chiropractic association that i was a part of, i was throwing a function, for black history month, and wanted to do a grand gesture, i did get kings great grandson from the king center to come speak

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
They've had a problem with him being outspoken for years - his support of their staff and faculty unions, his anti-Zionism, and his pro-Blackness - he got into it with Summers over a decade ago and left the first time.

That being said I don't think MoveOn.org is a Dem organization, or with the HKS - they just published some nonsense in collaboration with the school.

I'm sure Harvard has had long time issues with West.

MoveOn USA is a PAC that has raised millions of dollars for liberal candidates

Multiple members of MoveOn USA contributed to a hit piece by Harvard Kennedy School of Public Policy on the online ADOS Movement for their critiques of Liberal democrats such as Harris and Biden.

Disinformation creep: ADOS and the strategic weaponization of breaking news | HKS Misinformation Review
Amongst the contributors:
MoveOn, USA

NATALIE MARTINEZ
MoveOn, USA

MARY DRUMMER
MoveOn, USA

ANN LEWIS
MoveOn, USA

MOMIN M. MALIK

Last edited:

killacal

Banned
Daps
Tenure grants a professor permanent employment at their university and protects them from being fired without cause. The concept is closely tied to academic freedom, as the security of tenure allows professors to research and teach any topic—even controversial ones.

The bold is what they don’t want.
Liberal cacs are the worse with mental warfare:hhh:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"He said his request was denied based on the substance of his work.”

Sounds like the people at Harvard need to clarify this. What the hell does "substance of his work" even mean? That's way too broad a phrase to tell us anything.
And the denial to Lorgia Garcia Pena might suggest a pattern or systemic issue at Harvard.

Part of me thinks..."Screw it. Go elsewhere. Harvard isn't for you". But at the same time if there's a pattern of discrimination, I think that should be investigated and dealt with.

The problem that will probably come out of this is that people who disagree with Cornell West's politics or religious views or personality will let that cloud the issue here.
It definitely should be, there's definitely a trend of both Harvard and Yale pushing out "radical" professors - even those with popular and lauded work.

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
i think he wanted 10 grand, and i might be low balling it bruh, first class flight a 4 star or better hotel plus i think all expenses paid for the food or a ridiculous stipend per day like 300

10k is nothing for someone of his caliber. You throwing dirt on his name for being reasonable?

:gucci:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think he wanted 10 grand, and i might be low balling it bruh, first class flight a 4 star or better hotel plus i think all expenses paid for the food or a ridiculous stipend per day like 300
Interesting, I guess he’s earned it