Harden scores 48 in Portland, Turns into Jesus on the COURT!!

Is Harden the current GOAT

• Harden

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • Someone other than Harden aka "I'm legally blind"

Votes: 16 38.1%

• Total voters

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Just like MJ is better than Bill Russell but got five rings less, Harden is better than Kobe but got five rings less :manny:
People stay trying to replace Kob. :mjlol:

Harden having a great season but no.

Harden is making a case for the best playmaking SG ever though. I think he's much better than even Wade and MJ at it.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Pretty impressive..almost as impressive as Bradley Beals 51 he scored in Portland 3 days ago :smugbiden:

Game score says otherwise:

Harden: 38.4
Beal: 33.0

Probably because Harden shot 57% from 3 and Beal only managed 42%:ld:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Yea harden is ridiculous at this point....behind Bron he my fave in the league to watch. IF Bron makes a move Houston should be the destination........boys gonna get 2 or 3 more chips outta that.

KD and Russ needed him but the OKC office tried to play him.....bet a front office never plays him again tho:wow:

MVP of the league right there:mjcry:(All while being middle aged father built and flat footed...what greatness)

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Let's get something straight here. Harden is very explosive horizontally. He's just plain beating people off the dribble in much of this video. His hesitation dribble helps set this up but dude's first step is nasty and he's hard to stop with the in and out dribbles, weirdo floaters, Euro step, and the fact that he's 230lbs.

Yall talking like he's past prime Paul Pierce but he's basically Manu with another 30lbs and an elite first step.

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
I didn't mean that with confidence. Westbrook could end up declining very badly as soon as he hits 30 or 31 or he could age like wine. His low bball iq and athleticism heavy game makes me fear the former. Look at what happened to DWade. DWade was an amazing player and is a top 5 SG of all time but once he hit his 30s, his game fell off a damn cliff. He went from transcendental superstar to fringe all star to bench role player. Not due to lack of bball IQ, but lack of athleticism.
Bad comparison. Wade battled with injuries that sapped his development into his elder years, he couldn't stay healthy. Not the story with Russ, so far. And you're saying he COULD end up declining very bad, which is true, however, he COULD end up still playing great in his 30's. Which is my point. Why are you and Don Knock responding like Russ cannot maintain his greatness as he ages? Like you guys have proof. Your point pure speculation and my point is saying that just because he leans on athleticism now, doesn't mean that he can't change his game. Like I said, they said the same about Lebron and he STILL has his supreme athleticism in his 15th season. And for the record Wade is NOT top 5 SG, he's after MJ and Kobe. Top 3.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Not true. And it still doesn't mean that his game can't and won't age well, which was the premise.

:dahell: This ain't a 3 point shot we talking about. It's not something you just add in an offseason.

And yes that is why his game won't age well. All of his moves are based on speed, jumping, or the threat of one of those two things. Without those all he has is jacking up pull up threes. :mindblown:

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What the fukk is Game score and why am I supposed to care what that nikka calculated?

This statistic was invented by John Hollinger to provide a rough measure of a player's performance in a given game. The scale upon which the player's game score is based is the same as points scored. If a player has a game score of 40, that is amazing, while a game score of 10 is average.

The formula for calculating game score is as follows: (Points x 1.0) + (FGM x 0.4) + (FGA x -0.7) + ((FTA-FTM) x -0.4) + (OREB x 0.7) + (DREB x 0.3) + (STL x 1.0) + (AST x 0.7) + (BLK x 0.7) + (PF x -0.4) + (TO x -1.0).

As can be plainly seen, this statistic takes into account almost everything a player does during a game that can be quantified. These statistics are then weighted and added together to get a game score. This method is similar to Dr. Dean Oliver's Four Factors, but attempts to add value by considering all the stats, rather than just the four most important ones.

Game Score statistic Definition - Sporting Charts

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Let's get something straight here. Harden is very explosive horizontally. He's just plain beating people off the dribble in much of this video. His hesitation dribble helps set this up but dude's first step is nasty and he's hard to stop with the in and out dribbles, weirdo floaters, Euro step, and the fact that he's 230lbs.

Yall talking like he's past prime Paul Pierce but he's basically Manu with another 30lbs and an elite first step.

Manu just won a game for the Spurs the other night and he's 40:ld:

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
nikkas game will age terribly

It’s already borderline :flabbynsick:

But it’s fukking effective at the moment
This gotta be the dumbest post on The Coli by far. Of all players in the League, I never thought I'd hear anyone say this about James Harden of all people. :dead:

A player that doesn't rely on athleticism will age terribly? :russ:

Daps
Bad comparison. Wade battled with injuries that sapped his development into his elder years. Not the story with Russ, so far. And you're saying he COULD end up declining very bad, which is true, however, he COULD end up still playing great in his 30's. Which is my point. Why are you and Don Knock responding like Russ cannot maintain his greatness as he ages? Like you guys have proof. Your point pure speculation and my point is saying that just because he leans on athleticism now, doesn't mean that he can't change his game. Like I said, they said the same about Lebron and he STILL has his supreme athleticism in his 15th season. And for the record Wade is NOT top 5 SG, he's after MJ and Kobe.
Wade being after MJ and Kobe still makes him top 5 though(there are still 3 more slots after 1 and 2 breh). Injuries or no inuries, Wade was still declining and declining rapidly. Westbrook has only played one way his entire career so I doubt that will change. He will still do his dumbass pull up 3s or barrel into 3 people or have silly turnovers. His game is mostly built on beating his man off the dribble due to his speed and jumping over people and finishing at the rim because of his amazing leaping ability. Once his speed and jumping abilities decline, a good amount of his game is gone.

He will still have his pull up mid range and post up game, but his jump shot is not reliable enough for those two things to maintain his greatness as his athleticism declines. Again I could be wrong and I am not afraid of being wrong. Also before you assume I am a Westbrook hater, Westbrook is one of my favorite players to watch and I rooted for him last year. However, he still has flaws and I am simply expressing my opinion based off what I have seen

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
This statistic was invented by John Hollinger to provide a rough measure of a player's performance in a given game. The scale upon which the player's game score is based is the same as points scored. If a player has a game score of 40, that is amazing, while a game score of 10 is average.

The formula for calculating game score is as follows: (Points x 1.0) + (FGM x 0.4) + (FGA x -0.7) + ((FTA-FTM) x -0.4) + (OREB x 0.7) + (DREB x 0.3) + (STL x 1.0) + (AST x 0.7) + (BLK x 0.7) + (PF x -0.4) + (TO x -1.0).

As can be plainly seen, this statistic takes into account almost everything a player does during a game that can be quantified. These statistics are then weighted and added together to get a game score. This method is similar to Dr. Dean Oliver's Four Factors, but attempts to add value by considering all the stats, rather than just the four most important ones.

Game Score statistic Definition - Sporting Charts
Still bullshyt. They don't keep stats on determination and hustle. I see offensive and defensive rebounds but what about "key" rebounds? Back taps, loose balls, the extra pass, execution, working well with teammates.

If none of that is accounted for then it's just another broken system :francis: