Hard Knocks Life Vol. 3-Will the Defense be up to Par(sons)- ‘21 Cowboys Season Thread

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
While I don't see anything wrong with Dak reaching out to Romo or other former QB's...aint that the job of the QB coach and O Coordinator? To coach up the QB and prepare him for different defensive schemes. I read somewhere that losing Kitna was a huge blow for Dak.
What year Dak in 6? As a starter at that. He still can’t read defenses? :scust:

93 til

Superstar
Daps
Dak needs to call up Romo?

Why not call a QB who actually won something? :unimpressed:

You do realize that Brady just won with Byron Leftwich as his OC? :unimpressed:

Brady won rings before coming to TB. Byron won 1 as a backup, but Byron had Brady breaking quarantine protocols and going to the wrong houses in order to pick his brain when Brady first got to TB.:unimpressed:

But we're supposed to believe that Dak is too good to learn from Romo :unimpressed:

Meanwhile Romo spending his days in the booth calling and predicting plays before they happen while Dak can't even read zone coverage. :unimpressed:

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
You do realize that Brady just won with Byron Leftwich as his OC? :unimpressed:

Brady had 6 ring before coming to TB. Byron had 0, but Byron had Brady breaking quarantine protocols and going to the wrong houses in order to pick his brain when Brady first got to TB.:unimpressed:

But we're supposed to believe that Dak is too good to learn from Romo :unimpressed:

Meanwhile Romo spending his days in the booth calling and predicting plays before they happen while Dak can't even read zone coverage. :unimpressed:

Did I say Dak is too good to learn from Romo? Brady worked with Leftwich because Leftwich is his team's offensive coordinator. :gucci: Romo is a TV personality. He's not a coach. We need to stop living in the past with ex Cowboy glory especially from those who never won anything. If you want Dak to improve then hire legit coaches.

And if Romo read defenses as a player halfway as well as he seems to watching the game from the booth maybe he would have won something :unimpressed:

Last edited:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
We can still be a great team as long as we tinker around the edges and whatnot. Jerry doesn't need to panic and make wholesale changes but a few pieces here and there and maybe some more innovative play calling would be nice. We do have a few holes but we also have a lot of pieces to and we need to remember that.

93 til

Superstar
Daps
Did I say Dak is too good to learn from Romo? :gucci:

Brady is the greatest QB ever. He makes the offense, the offense doesn't make him.

We need to stop living in the past with ex Cowboy glory especially from those who never won anything. If you want Dak to improve then hire legit coaches. Romo is a TV personality. He's not a coach. And if he read defenses as a player halfway as well as he seems to watching the game from the booth maybe he would have won something :unimpressed:

You literally dismissed the notion of Dak learning from Romo because Romo didn't win anything. You say this like in Dak's best seasons he didn't have Romo as a backup (2016) and Kitna as a QB Coach (2019).

This isn't about Romo, this is about the fact that Dak needs a great QB mind around him to pick their brain.

Just because somebody great has success as a player doesn't guarantee that they can transition as a coach and teach the position. Just because a QB wasn't blessed to have the physical capabilities or a great team around him doesn't mean that he doesn't have a good feel for the game and the position.

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You literally dismissed the notion of Dak learning from Romo because Romo didn't win anything. You say this like in Dak's best seasons he didn't have Romo as a backup (2016) and Kitna as a QB Coach (2019).

This isn't about Romo, this is about the fact that Dak needs a great QB mind around him to pick their brain.

Just because somebody great has success as a player doesn't guarantee that they can transition as a coach and teach the position. Just because a QB wasn't blessed to have the physical capabilities or a great team around him doesn't mean that he doesn't have a good feel for the game and the position.

That's fine, then bring one in. I'm not saying not to. The idea that this person should specifically be Romo is just more ex-player/fans being unable to let go of the past. Why does Dak need to reach out to Romo? He's a TV personality. The job Dez is describing is what coaches are for. If Romo has something he feels he can offer I'm sure he knows how to reach out to Dak. And if he wants to coach then leave the booth and hit Jerry up, I doubt Jerry would turn him down for QB coach or OC.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We can still be a great team as long as we tinker around the edges and whatnot. Jerry doesn't need to panic and make wholesale changes but a few pieces here and there and maybe some more innovative play calling would be nice. We do have a few holes but we also have a lot of pieces to and we need to remember that.

How old are you? :unimpressed:

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You can't tell me Micah wouldn't feast on this weak o-line :heh:

Y'all really blew a golden opportunity to get to the SB :snoop:

The NFC is wideeee open this year

Pass rush is the story of the NFC playoffs.

Niners and Rams have the best d-lines. They got to Brady, Rodgers, Dak with mostly 4 man pressure.