Hard Knocks Life Vol. 3-Will the Defense be up to Par(sons)- ‘21 Cowboys Season Thread

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I'm choosing to believe. @duckbutta

Don't know why people don't in the first place. To me Dak had 3 bad games, Denver, KC, and the first Washington game. The Denver game was his first game back from injury, and the defense got ran all over. No one on offense played particularly well in the KC game. No excuse for him in the first Washington game, that was the worst I ever seen Dak and he damn near single handedly lost that game. But we didn't lose...and then he came back a few weeks later against the same team and styled on them so bad he had them fighting each other before halftime.

Outside of the Washington game...I can't think of another game that I said "lots of other people are playing well but Dak is holding us back." Outside of the Washington game, when was the last time we made all our field goals, we ran the ball well, we played good to great defense, but it was a one score game cause Dak was playing poorly?

I don't get the whole "Dak needs to prove this" angle. Dak needs to prove what...that when Greg misses another critical kick that the next time Dak gets us in the endzone instead of us kicking a field goal? How about Greg just don't miss easy kicks? That when Zeke turns 1st and 10 into 2nd and 8 and 3rd and 7 that Dak can convert that 70% of the time? How about Zeke just be better at football so we don't have 3rd and 7 in the first place? That he somehow magically gets Ceedee not to run the wrong route multiple times a game? That he tell Fat Thumb to actually call timeouts at the end of half's and not waste 28 seconds? That he somehow make LVE and Kazee anything more than marginal NFL players? Seems like all these other players who always fukk up get a pass and then its just "Dak got to prove he legit." I'd rather Zeke prove he can run for 70 yards in back to back games...something he hasn't done since October. I'd rather Greg go a whole nfl game without missing an extra point or a field goal.

We got a QB who threw for 4500 and 37 touchdowns in 16 games. We should be confident we are going to be ok at the QB position.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Brehs, does Cedrick Wilson deserve some type of contract extension for the way he balled out against Eagles & throughout the season? Also what the cowboys gonna do about Michael Gallup in the offseason?

Wilson is the most obvious Gallup replacement but how much are you paying a number 3 receiver?

Maybe you can get Gallup on a relatively cheap 2 year deal since he going to spend most of next year recovering from an acl injury. Assuming you would even want Gallup. He didn't play most of the year and we still had the number 1 offense in football so it's questionable how much Gallup is even going to help in this offense. I also think once we move on from Zeke we will run the ball more as well.

I like Gallup but it's not like the offense can't operate without him.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
The cowboys defense have terrorize average qb’s all season and it don’t get nomore average than Jimmy G. We’re going to get a couple of gifts from him on Sunday and dominate

I agree but the problem is Shanahan does such a great job of protecting little Jimmy cause he know he trash. They went down 17 - 0 and where most teams would abandoned the run they actually abandoned the pass and still somehow tied the game up. Jimmy not going to take them chances down field like some of the other qb's we heated up did. He going to check that shyt down quick. Deebo going to spend the whole game no more than 7 yards from Jimmy :mjlol:.

I would be surprised if we get any picks simply because little Jimmy is not throwing anywhere near coverage. We going to have to rally to a shyt ton of slants and screens to Kittle and Deebo.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
anything less than playing in the super bowl will be disappointing. They have yet to get past the divisional round in decades. This team needs to get over the hump.
For me getting over the hump would be getting at least two wins then. Cause we haven't even been to an NFC championship game in all that time to say we have a hump to get over. It's not like we've been a contending team all this time who has caught bad breaks. It's been a lot of 8-8 and 9-7 or worse seasons mixed in there too. This is a fairly young team who might have to face the proverbial heartbreak before they experience success.

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Coop fined $14, 650 for violating protocols at Mavs game. They need to suspend him after he did the same at Bama/Cincy game