Hard Knocks Life Vol. 3-Will the Defense be up to Par(sons)- ‘21 Cowboys Season Thread

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Don't know why people don't in the first place. To me Dak had 3 bad games, Denver, KC, and the first Washington game. The Denver game was his first game back from injury, and the defense got ran all over. No one on offense played particularly well in the KC game. No excuse for him in the first Washington game, that was the worst I ever seen Dak and he damn near single handedly lost that game. But we didn't lose...and then he came back a few weeks later against the same team and styled on them so bad he had them fighting each other before halftime.

Outside of the Washington game...I can't think of another game that I said "lots of other people are playing well but Dak is holding us back." Outside of the Washington game, when was the last time we made all our field goals, we ran the ball well, we played good to great defense, but it was a one score game cause Dak was playing poorly?

I don't get the whole "Dak needs to prove this" angle. Dak needs to prove what...that when Greg misses another critical kick that the next time Dak gets us in the endzone instead of us kicking a field goal? How about Greg just don't miss easy kicks? That when Zeke turns 1st and 10 into 2nd and 8 and 3rd and 7 that Dak can convert that 70% of the time? How about Zeke just be better at football so we don't have 3rd and 7 in the first place? That he somehow magically gets Ceedee not to run the wrong route multiple times a game? That he tell Fat Thumb to actually call timeouts at the end of half's and not waste 28 seconds? That he somehow make LVE and Kazee anything more than marginal NFL players? Seems like all these other players who always fukk up get a pass and then its just "Dak got to prove he legit." I'd rather Zeke prove he can run for 70 yards in back to back games...something he hasn't done since October. I'd rather Greg go a whole nfl game without missing an extra point or a field goal.

We got a QB who threw for 4500 and 37 touchdowns in 16 games. We should be confident we are going to be ok at the QB position.
Point taken but he was also bad in that NO game.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think our defense is going to unleash hell on Jimmy G. We just need Dak to step up.