Hard Knocks Life Vol. 3-Will the Defense be up to Par(sons)- ‘21 Cowboys Season Thread

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
To my eyes Dak just plays better for some reason when Ced is in the slot and Ceedee on the outside.
Very played with Dak week 2 on - Gallup came back when mid November when Dak was “slumping”

gotta pair yo eyes with what’s really going on

Gallup:
62 Targets
35 Receptions (56.5% catch percentage)
445 yds
12.7 yards per reception
2 TDs

Ced:
61 Targets
45 Receptions (73.8% catch percentage)
602 yards
13.4 yards per reception
6 TDs
Not a knock on Ced but how many passes does he have from being literally left alone in coverage.

Don’t get it twisted, Ced produces but outside of the that catch against NE that looked like Dak sailed it (and the YAC play against the Chargers) he’s made plays that you expect him to make and they’re usually wide open

Amari receives the most double coverages
So does every other number 1 receiver that’s producing in the NFL

He's more flexible. Gallup is redundant. Dallas doesn't know how to use him consistently. He needs a lot of targets to feel engaged.
When he tell you this?

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
:stopitslime:Stop it. How many more games has Ced played compare to Gallup. That’s not impressive
nikka they have the same amount of targets :mjtf:

Do you understand how efficency works :unimpressed:

Ced had exactly 30 more snaps than Gallup this season and 42 of his total came in the Eagles game :unimpressed:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
How many uncatchable passes do each have in their targets?
So Gallup the only one getting thrown uncatchable passes :stopitslime:

He by far has the worst catch % out of all the WRs and thats even with Ceedees drops

The passing game was better when Ced was in the slot and Ceedee was outside

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX

He by far has the worst catch % out of all the WRs and thats even with Ceedees drops

I just asked the question

you pulled the numbers like they mean something but they don't tell the who story if you're factoring catch %

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Gallup gets the most deep ball, sideline routes, and fade routes. Factor in those type of throws and the difficulty/accuracy going against a starting corner versus one playing from the slot going against open space and linebackers

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I just asked the question

you pulled the numbers like they mean something but they don't tell the who story if you're factoring catch %
The numbers absolutely mean something. A player catching 75% of their passes is going to make the offense better

Let it go

The offense looked better with Ced in the lineup

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Gallup gets the most deep ball, sideline routes, and fade routes. Factor in those type of throws and the difficulty/accuracy going against a starting corner versus one playing from the slot going against open space and linebackers
How does any of this negate what I said?

You have multiple people in here agreeing that the offense looks better with Ced. The media has made notice of it as well.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
The numbers absolutely mean something. A player catching 75% of their passes is going to make the offense better

Let it go

The offense looked better with Ced in the lineup
Was Dak slumpin when Ced was starting?

Was Dak slumpin when Gallup was startin?

Yeah, the numbers mean something but they don't tell the whole story. We can START at the % of passes that are catchable that are credited to your targets.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How does any of this negate what I said?

You have multiple people in here agreeing that the offense looks better with Ced. The media has made notice of it as well.
It’s more to it than that but I’m letting it go because I ain’t trying to be arguing/debating about the team when there’s bigger fish to fry this weekend.

agree to disagree.