Hard Knocks Life Vol. 3-Will the Defense be up to Par(sons)- ‘21 Cowboys Season Thread

MalaKai

Luv is Luv
Daps
Reppin
#WeDemBoyz
I want DQ here but that’s solely cause Parsons is a huge DQ guy but outside of that, I would be cool with him leaving. I don’t think he’s doing anything special other than having more talent than we had last year. I think a good DC comes in and give this defense an identity to go with those turnovers

You can't be serious.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Is cook splitting carries like Zeke? Hell has Cook had any games with fewer than 10 carries? Zeke has had multiple.
With his injury, I don't think more usage for Zeke would have helped him this season. Want I want to see from Zeke more than anything is to get his YPC up around 4.5/4.6/4.7. If he does that while maintaining the same usage as this season moving forward, I will be pleased.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
You can't be serious.
Again. I want him to stay because of what he means to Parsons. But if you take a look at the defense from the start of last year…

Historically bad, players came back and the defense got a lil better. Ended the season the 5th worse overall defense but also with a streak of 4 consecutive games with 2 turnovers.

To start this season we were still giving up ass but still getting turnovers. More depth on our line and secondary. A breakout player in Parsons, addition by subtraction from getting rid of Jaylon. The unit overall is better and we’ll be adding better players next year so the defensive will be even better but that’s with or without Dan Quin.

:yeshrug:

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
With his injury, I don't think more usage for Zeke would have helped him this season. Want I want to see from Zeke more than anything is to get his YPC up around 4.5/4.6/4.7. If he does that while maintaining the same usage as this season moving forward, I will be pleased.
Oh i whole heartedly agree about the usage and his injury, Glad Pollard is producing like he has. My thing with the washed comments is he is still averaging 4.2 yards a carry with 10 tds on top of having one of the woat run blocking o lines.

MalaKai

Luv is Luv
Daps
Reppin
#WeDemBoyz
Again. I want him to stay because of what he means to Parsons. But if you take a look at the defense from the start of last year…

Historically bad, players came back and the defense got a lil better. Ended the season the 5th worse overall defense but also with a streak of 4 consecutive games with 2 turnovers.

To start this season we were still giving up ass but still getting turnovers. More depth on our line and secondary. A breakout player in Parsons, addition by subtraction from getting rid of Jaylon. The unit overall is better and we’ll be adding better players next year so the defensive will be even better but that’s with or without Dan Quin.

:yeshrug:

Do things like
-scheme
-technique
-sound, basic defensive principles
-effective communication

matter at all? You think this Defense got better by osmosis? I wont even go into Al Harris influence.

This is the best defense we've had in over 20 years. Dont sell DQ short and take it for granted. That wouldn't be wise especially considering whats been trotted on the field previously.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
He’s averaging over 4 yards a carry. Pollard has 700 yards plus on the season. I don’t know what more yall expect Zeke to do with the injury and the carries he’s getting
Zeke got that 4 yards a pop largely off his start to the season. I've always been a fan of Zeke but the reason for Pollard getting 700 yards is cause Zeke can't be the every down back he once was. Which is why I am happy if he can be a 1200 yard back at this point.