Hard Knocks Life Vol. 3-Will the Defense be up to Par(sons)- ‘21 Cowboys Season Thread

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Yeah would’ve liked him on the edge and more DLaw inside for some push up the middle

It’s crazy seeing all that pre-snap movement to throw off the defense. Say what you will about Kliff but our offense doesn’t do nearly enough of that.

It’s a tough situation tho. Micah does make some plays in space like on that Edmonds screen that none of our other LBs can make. So I know that’s why they have him in coverage. But ultimately I agree he needs to be rushing the passer the majority of the game off the edge.

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Need to go to a college system. Call a play, get to the line of scrimmage, look over to the sidelines to see what the defense in and go from there. Dak can’t read defenses and this will eliminate that.

He does play better in the no huddle.

We started the game with that yesterday and the drive still stalled. But that was more due to the holding call. We need to run hurry up no huddle more often.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's crazy how the offense dropped off from the first half of the season till now.
It's like they swapped out a whole different coaching staff

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX

Yea hes gone

That wasn’t my takeaway reading that. Sounds like they want him here.

We are fine at WR with Turner and Ced.

Gallup will be fine and get a nice deal elsewhere
It’s levels and they not seeing Gallup at all. The first pass of the game that went to Gallup is a catch you never see Wilson make (tight coverage) and Ceedee woulda dropped it fa show.

Wilson is cool cause he’s usually running free but we saw him bottled up with a CB over him this year.

An example as to why I dont want him playing LBer that often.

The pass rush was ass when he was out in coverage

Scheme up some sacks then. Parson is cool at getting pressure on the QB, closing in when they leave tha pocket but we have Gregory and Lawrence for that too and no one nearly as talented from the LB spot

Need to go to a college system. Call a play, get to the line of scrimmage, look over to the sidelines to see what the defense in and go from there. Dak can’t read defenses and this will eliminate that.

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It’s levels and they not seeing Gallup at all. The first pass of the game that went to Gallup is a catch you never see Wilson make (tight coverage) and Ceedee woulda dropped it fa show.

Yea Gallup can make plays Ced can't make for sure. And he has a big play element (like when he beat Ramsey on that go route last year in week 1) that others can't bring. But Dak and Ced have a really good rapport, and Malik produces every time he gets in. We will miss Gallup's tough catch ability tho.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Sucks for Gallup with the ACL as me and my boy was debating if Jerry would try to keep him or not. I said he would cause his number wouldn't be as much as before he suffered the earlier injury this season. But now I think we will move on from him and a team will give him an incentive laden deal for a year or two. Being that it's January it's more than possible that he is ready to play around October or November too. I just hope it works out for him as he is an excellent number 2 receiver when he is on the field.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
You know im not falling for your shyt starting tactics :pachaha:
5zxhkj.gif

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
That is the biggest on field problem with this team. No one respects our run game anymore. Blame Dak all you want to yes there is room for improvement, but the fact we have a $15/mil a season RB who isn't even averaging 2 ypc should have everyone in here ready to march on the star and demand he be cut. Why the fukk we spent that much on a RB I will never understand.

Because he was a top 5 pick and to not keep him would be the equivalent of whiffing on that pick. If you look at the history of top 10 picks in the NFL just about all of them get a second contract from their original team even if they are not playing nearly as good as the should because the front office doesn't want to look stupid having drafted a guy with a pick that high and then watch him walk away somewhere else. Also that was a "we need to help Tony Romo" pick...remember he was still the start then. So the thought process was lets give our elite (:skip:) QB a great young running back cause the last time we did that we were a bad call away from the NFC championship game. Dynamics of the team were different then.

I also agree with you that one of the main problems with this team is that every single team we play is fine with containing our run game with 4 down lineman and a linebacker...and when Pollard rips offs a 8 yard run they MIGHT bring a safety down on 2nd and 2...or they might just say "nikka you got plantar fasciitis most people can barely walk with that shyt lets see you do it again".

It's not just Zeke though, Lil Connor and Trashiaz aren't doing him any favors when as soon as he touch the ball he got to throw both of them out his lap before he can find a non existent hole to run through.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
They are shameless cheerleaders. Even yesterday instead of focusing strictly on the game and his performance, someone in the media asked a question about some random charity shyt he was doing, giving him the opportunity to sell his made-for-Disney bullshyt.

Even after the New York game, instead of focusing strictly on his poor play, they allowed him to change the subject with that tidbit about the bet he has with the defense. As soon as Dak mentioned that, I knew the media was going to go down that rabbit hole and make the next 2 weeks about that nonsense story.

I hate the media here.

Has the local media asked Ezekiel Elliot why he is the 3rd highest paid running back in the league this year BUT for the 4th consecutive week he is dead last amongst starting running backs when it comes to rushing yards per game and yards per carry?

Or has anyone asked him why on 4th and 1 Dak is passing the ball? And then on 4th and 2 Dak is passing the ball? Or on another 4th and 1 Dak is running read option and keeping the ball? Like...is Dak changing the play in the huddle or are we legit just straight up NOT giving it to a guy making 15 million dollars 3 fukking times in a row when all we need is one fukking yard?

Is anyone asking Kellen Moore or Fat Thumb how come when we need 1 fukking yard for a 1st or a touchdown we throwing corner fades and we running play action and we running quarterback sneak and we giving ever single player on our team a chance to convert that EXCEPT the dude we paying 15 million dollars to convert that ?