Hard Knocks Life Vol. 3-Will the Defense be up to Par(sons)- ‘21 Cowboys Season Thread

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
How long are you going to keep arguing, debating and discussing the same bullshyt?

Garrett and his offensive philosophy has been with this franchise since 2007. 15 years. How many defensive coordinators has this team gone thru? Countless drafts. This franchise is cursed. Jerry Jones needs to die. Then you need to pray Stephen Jones doesn’t make himself the GM.

Normally when a franchise is this inept, the owner can just fire the GM and let him bring in his own people and players. But that’s not what’s happening here.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
You can't be serious with this post. Multiple posters in here have been caping for Zeke for two months now. Every time anybody brings up his terrible play multiple posters come in with "he is hurt" or "the line isn't blocking". But its the same line that Pollard runs behind and produces way more explosive plays this year than Zeke. Same line that Clement came in off the street with and produced the same as Zeke.

When Zeke is rushing for 16 yards and there are 30 straight post about how bad Dak is...I would call that the epitome of stanning. When you make a post about how much money Dak makes and he not living up to his contract but we paying Zeke top 3 money at his position and he can't even average 2 yards a carry but aint nobody making the same Zeke makes to much money to be rushing for 16 yards post, I would call that stanning. When people make post about I don't care that Dak had blah blah blah injury but then when some of us point out how trash Zeke is and people counter with "well he hurt" and he hasn't shown up on an injury report as our or doubtful one fukking time all year...I would call that stanning.

Dak could have played better...but he did throw for 3 touchdowns. So when we needed points to stay in the game...he got them. Did Zeke make any play we needed him to make in this game? Going to say no on account of him having 16 rushing yards and we had 4th and 2 and 4th and 1 and Dak had to convert those cause Zeke aint good enough anymore that you can trust him to run for 2 yards? Did Greg make the plays we needed him to make in this game? Of course not he missed a chip shot field goal that would have had the game tied instead of us down 3. Did the defense make the plays they needed to make? They played ok. No turnovers though, so please stop with all this "we go as far as the defense takes us." The same people talking about Dak only plays well against bad defenses don't have anything to say about a defense that stopped being elite when they weren't playing against Mike Glennon and Taylor Heineke. Did Mike McCarthy make the plays we needed him to make today? Nope, he got hilariously outcoached. Let Kliff with a K spook him into a timeout on 4th down cause he thought the cardinals were going to do what? Let their kicker throw the ball to kyler murray on 4th and goal? So between a running back, kicker, defense, quarterback, and coach... The QB is the only one who made multiple plays for us that mattered in losing or winning this game. But somehow the last 3 pages are damn near nothing about how the QB isn't good enough. Nothing about the 3rd highest paid back being the worst player on the field every time he is on the field. Nothing about how our kicker...for the 3rd game...missed an easy field goal and that ended up being the difference in a tied game or us having the lead late...nothing on our dumbass coach not calling Klifff with a K bluff and daring him to go ahead and hike the ball to his field goal kicker in a real formation on 4th and goal. Nothing about a defense who piled up a whole lot of stats against trash qb's but not one turnover against one with a pulse. I guess the lion doesn't eat prey that fights back or has a pulse.

If Dak is throwing for 3 touchdowns but you telling me he "coming out and play like the same bullshyt every week", then what is Zeke doing going from rushing for 100 yards to not even 20 yards over the last 8 games?

People talk about how Dak got "figured out" in that Denver game. But since that game he has thrown for 2 touchdowns twice...4 touchdowns once...3 touchdowns once. But since that same game...do you know how many times Zeke has ran for over 60 yards in a game? None. You know how many times he has scored 0 touchdowns? 4 times. So if Dak got figured out with the production he has had since Denver, then what the fukk did the Broncos do to Zeke?

When you talk about "the energy isn't the same" you are absolutely right. Cause we got a guy on our team that since the Broncos game has played significantly worse every single week...has been giving us below league average production for his position for half the season...WHILE making top 5 money at his position....half the time you can't count on him to score any points for you at all...and now you can't even count on him to get 2 yards a carry. On top of that...he is doing all of this while coming fresh off a season where he fumbled more than he ever has WHILE breaking the fewest tackles than he ever has WHILE having the fewest 10 + yard runs than he ever has. But instead of talking about how that guy needs to be significantly better every week...you guys would rather talk about Dak and what he says in a press conference and how "he aint it" and how a defense who beat up on Mike Glennon is now elite and carrying the team.
:gucci:

First off, nobody is stanning or defending Zeurlein. Or any Cowboys kicker for that matter since Chris Boniol. He’s trash. We’ve been saying that. He’s cost us games. He will continue to cost us games. What else needs to be said?

For Zeke… you sure got a lot of ire directed at a guy who doesn’t even play half the snaps? He probably touches the ball on less than a quarter? He has a fraction of the impact on the game as Dak. You know this. Let’s not be obtuse here.

And who besides smitty is really defending Zeke? Me? I’ve BEEN said that I didn’t like selecting him in 2016. I wanted Ramsey. I stfu in 2016 after he balled out. And then he got complacent. Fat and lazy. I’ve BEEN said that giving him $90mil was just compounding the mistake of drafting him 4th overall. And not just me, but others have echoed these sentiments. What else needs to be said?

Nobody in this fanbase should be expecting Zeke to carry any load at this point. shyt, I haven’t for years now. And yet, we still are competitive and able to win. We have Pollard. So I don’t think the RB position is costing us games like that. Its certainly not effective as we would like it to be, but plenty of QBs around the league are winning with meh RB play.

Imagine blaming Eddy Lacy for Rodgers losing.
Imagine blaming Marion Barber or Felix Jones for Tony Romo losing.
Imagine blaming washed Edgerrin James for Peyton always choking.
Imagine blaming Ahman Green cause Brett Favre throwing picks.

That’s what this fanbase does when Dak loses.

We all know QBs have far more impact on the game than any other position. Most important position in sports. So I really don’t see how we can equate RB or K to a QB. Plus, not to excuse Zuerlein, but that kick was missed in the first quarter… Dak played poorly thereafter. That’s on him.

And as far as the 3 TDs narrative… come on. The best throw of the game didn’t even come from Dak, it came from Cedric Wilson. We scored a TD on that drive because we took the ball out of Dak’s hand and let another guy throw it in order to move the ball downfield.

Dak gets his numbers and scores often in garbage time or when playing from behind. He plays much much better against soft shell or prevent defenses, like most other QBs. We saw it in the Denver game. Oakland game once they got up. This game. Entire first halves are wasted because he’s playing like shyt and needs the other team to get complacent, conservative, or fatigued to start to finally show life. Those stats you throw out are padded. They don’t show how slow and awful we are to start games. Week after week. Year after year.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
:gucci:

First off, nobody is stanning or defending Zeurlein. Or any Cowboys kicker for that matter since Chris Boniol. He’s trash. We’ve been saying that. He’s cost us games. He will continue to cost us games. What else needs to be said?

For Zeke… you sure got a lot of ire directed at a guy who doesn’t even play half the snaps? He probably touches the ball on less than a quarter? He has a fraction of the impact on the game as Dak. You know this. Let’s not be obtuse here.

And who besides smitty is really defending Zeke? Me? I’ve BEEN said that I didn’t like selecting him in 2016. I wanted Ramsey. I stfu in 2016 after he balled out. And then he got complacent. Fat and lazy. I’ve BEEN said that giving him $90mil was just compounding the mistake of drafting him 4th overall. And not just me, but others have echoed these sentiments. What else needs to be said?

Nobody in this fanbase should be expecting Zeke to carry any load at this point. shyt, I haven’t for years now. And yet, we still are competitive and able to win. We have Pollard. So I don’t think the RB position is costing us games like that. Its certainly not effective as we would like it to be, but plenty of QBs around the league are winning with meh RB play.

Imagine blaming Eddy Lacy for Rodgers losing.
Imagine blaming Marion Barber or Felix Jones for Tony Romo losing.
Imagine blaming washed Edgerrin James for Peyton always choking.
Imagine blaming Ahman Green cause Brett Favre throwing picks.

That’s what this fanbase does when Dak loses.

We all know QBs have far more impact on the game than any other position. Most important position in sports. So I really don’t see how we can equate RB or K to a QB. Plus, not to excuse Zuerlein, but that kick was missed in the first quarter… Dak played poorly thereafter. That’s on him.

And as far as the 3 TDs narrative… come on. The best throw of the game didn’t even come from Dak, it came from Cedric Wilson. We scored a TD on that drive because we took the ball out of Dak’s hand and let another guy throw it in order to move the ball downfield.

Dak gets his numbers and scores often in garbage time or when playing from behind. He plays much much better against soft shell or prevent defenses, like most other QBs. We saw it in the Denver game. Oakland game once they got up. This game. Entire first halves are wasted because he’s playing like shyt and needs the other team to get complacent, conservative, or fatigued to start to finally show life. Those stats you throw out are padded. They don’t show how slow and awful we are to start games. Week after week. Year after year.

You don’t get it. The problem isn’t just Dak. It’s the entire organization. You’re pointing out the same bullshyt tendencies that were here when their were different coaches, and different players.

Jerry Jones will never hoist another Lombardi trophy. That’s his destiny.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
McCarthy is a piece of shyt. The worst game/time management coach i've ever seen he has single handedly cost the Cowboys games and will continue to lose games because of his dumbazz decisons

First he was gonna go for 2 down 9 with still 13 minutes left and was saved by the delay of game

Then when the guy went out of bounds for Arizona instead of calling timeout you challenge it because if you lose the challenge you lose the timeout anyway so you lose nothing and they would've won the challenge and the clock would've stopped saving the timeout

And you should always keep at least 1 timeout until the 2 minute warning so you can challenge
Going for 2 at that time was the right call

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Y'all in here mad because y'all had such high hopes for this team. I told y'all temper your expectations this isn't a special team. We ok, we actually may win a playoff game if we end up facing Arizona again in the playoffs cause we've seen them now and as long as Greg the Leg can make his FGs I think we showed today we can beat them.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
'Special' teams don't have QBs who constantly throw their receivers high.

'Special' teams don't have feature backs who can't even average 2 yards a carry.

'Special' teams don't have CBs who get 11 Ints but give up 1000+ yards.

'Special' teams don't have TE's who can't stop a nosebleed blocking.

'Special' teams don't constantly get holding penalties and false starts called on them.

'Special' teams realize the importance of real DT's and safeties and would actually address the problem.

'Special' teams don't have a coach who after a decade as coach still don't know how to manage a clock.

'Special' teams don't keep a kicker who is clearly a liability and would have tried to address the problem before the trade deadline.

Most importantly....

'Special' teams don't have a GM who is also the owner who is not a football guy and never will be, but he constantly holds this franchsie back because he wants to be the guy who gets the credit. This is the karma our franchise is cursed with because our GM fired a 2 time super bowl winning coach while he was still winning. Until Jerry Jones dies y'all need to understand this is the karma we are stuck with.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
'Special' teams don't have QBs who constantly throw their receivers high.

'Special' teams don't have feature backs who can't even average 2 yards a carry.

'Special' teams don't have CBs who get 11 Ints but give up 1000+ yards.

'Special' teams don't have TE's who can't stop a nosebleed blocking.

'Special' teams don't constantly get holding penalties and false starts called on them.

'Special' teams realize the importance of real DT's and safeties and would actually address the problem.

'Special' teams don't have a coach who after a decade as coach still don't know how to manage a clock.

'Special' teams don't keep a kicker who is clearly a liability and would have tried to address the problem before the trade deadline.

Most importantly....

'Special' teams don't have a GM who is also the owner who is not a football guy and never will be, but he constantly holds this franchsie back because he wants to be the guy who gets the credit. This is the karma our franchise is cursed with because our GM fired a 2 time super bowl winning coach while he was still winning. Until Jerry Jones dies y'all need to understand this is the karma we are stuck with.
Nobody is special until you win. Seattle wasn't special until they won. By your logic it's really only gb and Tampa that have a shot cause nobody else is special by your definition

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Rewatching the game. Parsons is going to be all time great, but Kyler was making him miss all game.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Nobody is special until you win. Seattle wasn't special until they won. By your logic it's really only gb and Tampa that have a shot cause nobody else is special by your definition

Only special teams in the league right now are Tampa and KC. Everyone else is still trying to get there, even GB. People need to stop acting like outside of that super bowl a decade ago the highlight of Rodgers playoff career hasn't been beating us a team that is cursed. GB aint special and when they come up short again don't say I didnt tell you so.

I just see the obvious signs that I listed out. Special teams don't do half the shyt we do CONSISTENTLY.