Hard Knocks Life Vol. 3-Will the Defense be up to Par(sons)- ‘21 Cowboys Season Thread

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall shook of Arod when we have the Lion. SMH. We have a defense now. If the oline let's us run the ball even at a decent clip we will beat GB. Now if we rush for 2.5 ypc it get a lil iffy

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Yall shook of Arod when we have the Lion. SMH. We have a defense now. If the oline let's us run the ball even at a decent clip we will beat GB. Now if we rush for 2.5 ypc it get a lil iffy
11, Tank, and Gregory will get tackled down to the ground and the ref will just stand there like :smugbiden: while ARod scrambles and throws a 45 yard heave to Lazard while Anthony Brown is faceguarding him

This will happen repeatedly until Zeurlein misses a game-tying FG in the 4th

I’m already pissed just thinking about it :shaq2:

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
This is on point and I'll add to this by saying this is THE most complete team we've had since 91-92. That year we had the #1 Defense to go with the up and coming triplets. Nobody expected a SB especially with the 9ers in the way and the thought was that making it to the NFC Championship game was a very productive season.... We obliterated expectations once Alvin Harper caught that slant and then destroyed the Bills.

2021 seems very similar except the Defense is young and we are established on Offense. There is NO excuse to lose a 1st round home game or a second round game vs the likes of the Rams or Cards. To be honest Dtownreppin is on on point with his phrase "if not now then when". How much better do we need it to make a SB run? The stars have aligned, we are 99% healthy, coaching from all ends is encouraging, the team is relatively young and cohesive. We have leaders like DLAW and DAK who've been here and no the importance of every game and to NOT take this opportunity for granted.

I think this is the year brehs

:blessed:

Getting to a SB is all about getting hot at the right time. As a whole team. It's more than just QB play or any one position. It's a reason Rodgers has only been to 1 bowl in 14 years as a starter. You need everything clicking at the right time which it seems like we are right now with the D, Dak and running game coming back around finally. That's how the Giants was able to get there and win 2 when nobody expected it. Hell even the Bucs last year -- Brady gets all the credit but their D was lights out in the playoffs, Fournette was going nuts, everything came together at the right time.

The Cards are falling apart.. I don't think they have the talent nor is Kliff a good enough coach for them to go all the way. Rams have the talent and coaching to go all the way but Stafford could hold them back. Bucs have too many injuries and even before that they were faltering. Can't count them out tho because Brady will always get the benefit of the refs.

The Rams are the one team I watch for tho.. because they have the talent are in win-now mode with all the moves they made. They have the pieces on D and at skill positions. Their offense is so reliant on the QB tho that it's all gonna come down to Stafford. If he doesn't fukk up they will be a tough out. But when it comes down to it I would not want Stafford as my QB in a road playoff game.

Packers will be tough as always. They are getting healthy and playing well still. Now granted any of the above teams could get hot, but looking at the last few weeks, realistically it should be us or GB going to the SB.

Last edited:

MalaKai

Luv is Luv
Daps
Reppin
#WeDemBoyz
Getting to a SB is all about getting hot at the right time. As a whole team. It's more than just QB play or any one position. It's a reason Rodgers has only been to 2 bowls in 14 years as a starter. You need everything clicking at the right time which it seems like we are right now with the D, Dak and running game coming back around finally. That's how the Giants was able to get there and win 2 when nobody expected it. Hell even the Bucs last year -- Brady gets all the credit but their D was lights out in the playoffs, Fournette was going nuts, everything came together at the right time.

The Cards are falling apart.. I don't think they have the talent nor is Kliff a good enough coach for them to go all the way. Rams have the talent and coaching to go all the way but Stafford could hold them back. Bucs have too many injuries and even before that they were faltering. Can't count them out tho because Brady will always get the benefit of the refs.

Packers will be tough as always. They are getting healthy and playing well still. Now granted any of the above teams could get hot, but looking at the last few weeks, realistically it should be us or GB going to the SB.

GB should have lost to the Ravens and Browns the last 2 weeks....I know if if was fifth...but still they are not playing well. I think we expose Oompa Loofa to the tune of 31-17 on Sunday and then everyone will take notice. I expect Bossman Fat to have his break out game and the media to start slobbering our nob "Something Serious" (shout to Big Mike).

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Getting to a SB is all about getting hot at the right time. As a whole team. It's more than just QB play or any one position. It's a reason Rodgers has only been to 2 bowls in 14 years as a starter. You need everything clicking at the right time which it seems like we are right now with the D, Dak and running game coming back around finally. That's how the Giants was able to get there and win 2 when nobody expected it. Hell even the Bucs last year -- Brady gets all the credit but their D was lights out in the playoffs, Fournette was going nuts, everything came together at the right time.

The Rams are the one team I watch for tho.. because they have the talent are in win-now mode with all the moves they made. They have the pieces on D and at skill positions. Their offense is so reliant on the QB tho that it's all gonna come down to Stafford. If he doesn't fukk up they will be a tough out. But when it comes down to it I would not want Stafford as my QB in a road playoff game.

That rat b*stard only been to one super bowl.

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GB should have lost to the Ravens and Browns the last 2 weeks....I know if if was fifth...but still they are not playing well. I think we expose Oompa Loofa to the tune of 31-17 on Sunday and then everyone will take notice. I expect Bossman Fat to have his break out game and the media to start slobbering our nob "Something Serious" (shout to Big Mike).

Yea no doubt they could or should easily have 5 losses but their offense is still on point and they've had some injuries on D, they bout to get Jaire Alexander back. All in all they will still be the toughest out IMO.

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That rat b*stard only been to one super bowl.

Good look.. for some reason I could have sworn they went to 2 and he lost 1, but I must have been thinking about one of those NFC Championship games they lost. So that strengthens the point I guess, you gotta be clicking on all cylinders to get there.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AB isn't back this week?

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m so happy Tank came back playing the way he is. Truthfully he hasn’t had a single player that could push him in years and he’s lined up next to the Tyrone Crawford’s of the league way too long.

Bro got like 2 sacks, 2 FF, pick 6, hit the qb on Jordan Lewis pick. What he’s doing is beastly and you still got Parsons and Gregory causing havoc too. I’m ready for Parsons to get back to making plays at the LB position cause nobody else on roster will.

If not now when? Or whatever fuc dtown be saying
:gucci:Push him? He’s been the highest paid defensive player in the team for three years. It’s should be the other way around. He should Be the one pushing other ppl to be great. He shouldn’t need a push or motivation. We pay him based on our expectations of him having high productivity.

And let’s not act like he didn’t play with Bobby Quinn in a career year.