Hard Knocks Life Vol. 3-Will the Defense be up to Par(sons)- ‘21 Cowboys Season Thread

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Keeping it real, what happened to us with Washington, is the exact same thing happening to Brady and Tampa against the Bills right now. Except the Bills are within 3 now.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Keeping it real, what happened to us with Washington, is the exact same thing happening to Brady and Tampa against the Bills right now. Except the Bills are within 3 now.
No it’s not. I’m watching it. We played mostly the second unit. Tampa playing the Bills at their best. Brady isn’t the worst player on the field today. Dak was

It’s been a lot to comebacks today

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brady hasn't played great the 2nd half :sas2:
:gucci:
Nigguh I felt the same way about Dak passing today that I feel when Zureline comes in the game. Stop it bruh it’s not a good feeling when the number one thing on offense you fear is your qb passing it. No bucs fan feels like this about Brady

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:gucci:
Nigguh I felt the same way about Dak passing today that I feel when Zureline comes in the game. Stop it bruh it’s not a good feeling when the number one thing on offense you fear is your qb passing it. No bucs fan feels like this about Brady

Brady has lead his team to 3 POINTS in the 2nd half. And the Bills are driving to possibly win the game. Don't make excuses. Dak played bad. But Brady is also playing bad the 2nd half. Two things can be true.

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
nope-nah.gif

About to smash this shrimp alfredo, eat my wife ass until she curl up in the fetal position, finish off this martell, and sleep with a smile on my face. Aint even going to brush my teeth. I know my youngest son going to be :scusthov: when I get up to change his diaper making goo goo ga ga noises at him with alfredo and ass breath :scusthov:
Lmaoooo :mjlol:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
So i'm going to break down the state of this team.

Some would say the problem is Dak, and he's part of the problem, but not the main problem.

This offense is a product of Jason Garett and Scott Linehan. I know Kellen Moore is the OC, but I highly doubt he changed everything. He probably added routes, but the blocking schemes he probably kept most of them. In the second half, Dallas should've been able to run the ball and eat the clock up, limiting possessions for Washington. But they couldn't. Part of it is Zeke not being healthy and not the same player he once was, but the main part is the offensive line just isn't good enough anymore to make up for the schemes they have to run. Tyron is old and beat up. Martin is declining, the center isn't that good, Collins isn't consistent, and the other guard position is a revolving door. They had to put in a damn offensive lineman at full back, just to get a few yards. That's desperation. That's the coaches saying the offensive line isn't that good as a unit.

If teams know you can run, they can simply focus on your passing game. After a while you become predictable. Teams know the offensive line can't hold up most of the time in their protection even with a 4 or 5 man rush, so they changed their coverage. Dak is forced to think more which means hold the ball more. Kellen more hasn't been able to adjust.

But it comes back to running the ball. Pollard isn't a 20 carry back. Zeke isn't the same player he once was. Dallas should've picked up a free agent back over the summer, or earlier in the year just so they could give teams different looks. If Dallas can't run the ball they won't go far in the playoffs. That's a 100% guarantee. In a long season, eventually teams will figure out how to take away certain plays. You either have to adjust or impose your will. Dallas can't do that with their offensive line.

The Defense is finally starting to come together, but as you saw in this game, the more drives the opponent get, sooner or later they will score.

The only good take away from this game, and this season, is more times that not, Dallas has learned to win. Win ugly, win with adversity. That will go a long way long term.

This offseason, I would

1. Move on from Zeke. I know he's tied with Dak at the hip, but it's time to move on. Either cut him or ask him to take a pay cut. Either way they need to.
2. Draft a 3 down back or sign one. Teams are used to Zeke now. They need to infuse something new.
3. Draft an offensive lineman with the first pick. I would also
4. Trade Martin and Collins. basically,
5. This offensive line needs to be rebuilt all over again.
6. Pray they can get a hometown discount with Gregory.
7, Move on from LVE. Draft a LB in the 2nd round or the best corner back available.
8. Ask Dak to restructure.. as well as DLaw.
9. Find a replacement for Gallop. I wouldn't resign him. The offense already proved they could put up enough points without him. He's a luxury not a necessity at this point.

This team has enough talent to win a title now. But the window is maybe 3 years. They need to solidify the defense and rebuild the offensive line.

As for Dak. Dallas is married to him for at least 3 more years. They need to build the line again, like they did for Romo and improve the running game. He shouldn't have 4,800 or 5,000 yard seasons. That's not the formula.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So i'm going to break down the state of this team.

Some would say the problem is Dak, and he's part of the problem, but not the main problem.

This offense is a product of Jason Garett and Scott Linehan. I know Kellen Moore is the OC, but I highly doubt he changed everything. He probably added routes, but the blocking schemes he probably kept most of them. In the second half, Dallas should've been able to run the ball and eat the clock up, limiting possessions for Washington. But they couldn't. Part of it is Zeke not being healthy and not the same player he once was, but the main part is the offensive line just isn't good enough anymore to make up for the schemes they have to run. Tyron is old and beat up. Martin is declining, the center isn't that good, Collins isn't consistent, and the other guard position is a revolving door. They had to put in a damn offensive lineman at full back, just to get a few yards. That's desperation. That's the coaches saying the offensive line isn't that good as a unit.

If teams know you can run, they can simply focus on your passing game. After a while you become predictable. Teams know the offensive line can't hold up most of the time in their protection even with a 4 or 5 man rush, so they changed their coverage. Dak is forced to think more which means hold the ball more. Kellen more hasn't been able to adjust.

But it comes back to running the ball. Pollard isn't a 20 carry back. Zeke isn't the same player he once was. Dallas should've picked up a free agent back over the summer, or earlier in the year just so they could give teams different looks. If Dallas can't run the ball they won't go far in the playoffs. That's a 100% guarantee. In a long season, eventually teams will figure out how to take away certain plays. You either have to adjust or impose your will. Dallas can't do that with their offensive line.

The Defense is finally starting to come together, but as you saw in this game, the more drives the opponent get, sooner or later they will score.

The only good take away from this game, and this season, is more times that not, Dallas has learned to win. Win ugly, win with adversity. That will go a long way long term.

This offseason, I would

1. Move on from Zeke. I know he's tied with Dak at the hip, but it's time to move on. Either cut him or ask him to take a pay cut. Either way they need to.
2. Draft a 3 down back or sign one. Teams are used to Zeke now. They need to infuse something new.
3. Draft an offensive lineman with the first pick. I would also
4. Trade Martin and Collins. basically,
5. This offensive line needs to be rebuilt all over again.
6. Pray they can get a hometown discount with Gregory.
7, Move on from LVE. Draft a LB in the 2nd round or the best corner back available.
8. Ask Dak to restructure.. as well as DLaw.
9. Find a replacement for Gallop. I wouldn't resign him. The offense already proved they could put up enough points without him. He's a luxury not a necessity at this point.

This team has enough talent to win a title now. But the window is maybe 3 years. They need to solidify the defense and rebuild the offensive line.

As for Dak. Dallas is married to him for at least 3 more years. They need to build the line again, like they did for Romo and improve the running game. He shouldn't have 4,800 or 5,000 yard seasons. That's not the formula.
1. The earliest they can move on from Zeke is 2023
2. Zeke is the 3rd down back
3. Draft a linebacker, then olinemen. Get a running back 8in the middle round
4. Trading Martin? Put the bottle down
5. We need to move on Tyron.
6.agree
7.LVE good as gone. He had a good game today
8.too early for Dak restructure. Only so it if you need to
9. Those sidemen catches are going to be missed. Seems like those are the only throws Dak can make recently. Gallup is the reall #88 on this team

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
1. The earliest they can move on from Zeke is 2023
2. Zeke is the 3rd down back
3. Draft a linebacker, then olinemen. Get a running back 8in the middle round
4. Trading Martin? Put the bottle down
5. We need to move on Tyron.
6.agree
7.LVE good as gone. He had a good game today
8.too early for Dak restructure. Only so it if you need to
9. Those sidemen catches are going to be missed. Seems like those are the only throws Dak can make recently. Gallup is the reall #88 on this team
:mjlol: