Han Solo: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread] (2018)

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So now I'm getting a better picture of this reading THR and other reporters on twitter.

They bumped heads on tone and they didn't like lord and miller bringing an improv style and letting the actors go off script, which is what they've always done so it's weird Kathleen and crew didn't think of that before they hired them.

Apparently they tried to make han a more comedic character and lucasfilm-rightly in my eyes- balked at that.

But the ultimate fatality was Kathleen wanting to pull a rogue one and bring in another creative to oversee the reshoots. Unlike Garreth on rogue one, those two cats weren't having it lol and they said "fukk that" and they got their pink slips

What the fukk is up with these suits and this behavior?:mindblown: Why do they continue to bring in directors that don't fit within their creative vision :mindblown:

Sadly, this will make a billi anyway and Disney isn't going to be creative until all the nostalgia from the original trilogy is sucked for profit maximization. :noah:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Didn't Rogue one go thru the same shyt? I remember reading how they got an entirely new director to reshoot the entire 2nd half or some shyt

Lucasfilm knows what they want. A safe star wars movie with enough nostalgia that'll rake in money
They reshot some scenes with a stand in director but Gareth was still the director, he didn't part ways or anything

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I know Ron Howard is respected and all, but is he really the man for this job?

As long as they put in a talking pie, then he'll make bank.
R1k5DTZ.png

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
So from what Variety is saying, for those of you who don't want to read it, is there was a culture clash. Lord and Miller wanted to do things one way, Kennedy and Kasdan and crew wanted to do it another way. The two of them weren't cool with having her over their shoulders all the time and she just didn't like the way they directed or interacted with actors. And they didn't step off, they were fired.

So yeah it wouldn't surprise me if they went back to Flash since the reason they didn't direct it is because they had a chance to direct a star wars flick.

And now there's this

Ron Howard Top Choice To Take Over Han Solo Film?

So why the fukk hire them in the first place!?!?!

Real talk, I'm not a fan of current Star Wars and won't be supporting the films but this is sheer NONESENSE. Everybody and their momma knows what Lord and Miller bring to the table. It would be like hiring Seth Rogan to direct Bateman and being surprised and upset that he put a bunch of dikk jokes and weed references in it.

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So why he fukk hire them in the first place!?!?!

Real talk, I'm not a fan of current Star Wars and won't be supporting the films but this is sheer NONESENSE. Everybody and their momma knows what Lord and Miller bring to the table. It would be like hiring Seth Rogan to direct Bateman and being surprised and upset that he put a bunch of dikk jokes and weed references in it.
:dwillhuh at Kathleen going "The directors/writers of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, 21 Jump Street, the Lego Movie, The Last Man on Earth and Brooklyn Nine Nine have brought a comedic tone to this movie:picard:"

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So why he fukk hire them in the first place!?!?!

Or like that time they hired Seth and his writing partner to make a green hornet movie but then realized he and the director had different visions because Seth wanted it comedic and the initial director didn't. :francis:

Cats gotta get smarter. You hire lord and miller you know what they do. You've seen their movies and their tv shows. You know their style. Either let them cook or don't hire them to begin with.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Or like that time they hired Seth and his writing partner to make a green hornet movie but then realized he and the director had different visions because Seth wanted it comedic and the initial director didn't. :francis:

Cats gotta get smarter. You hire lord and miller you know what they do. You've seen their movies and their tv shows. You know their style. Either let them cook or don't hire them to begin with.

You're wrong about The Green Hornet. It was originally to be directed by Stephen Chow (famed Chinese comedy director of Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle) who would also co-star as Kato. It was always intended to be a comedy, but he clashed with Rogen and Goldberg over the brand of comedy with Chow wanting to do his usual slapstick and Rogen/Goldberg wanting to do the the painfully unfunny bullshyt we ended up with.

Side-note: I never got why they got Lord and Miller in the first place outside of the fact they made hits. But that seems to be the reason they hired Gareth Evans too without bothering to check if their visions agreed.

Add Josh Trank being dumped early into production of whichever movie it was and it's probably just a matter of time before word comes out about creative differences with Rian Johnson.:russ:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You're wrong about The Green Hornet. It was originally to be directed by Stephen Chow (famed Chinese comedy director of Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle) who would also co-star as Kato. It was always intended to be a comedy, but he clashed with Rogen and Goldberg over the brand of comedy with Chow wanting to do his usual slapstick and Rogen/Goldberg wanting to do the the painfully unfunny bullshyt we ended up with.

Side-note: I never got why they got Lord and Miller in the first place outside of the fact they made hits. But that seems to be the reason they hired Gareth Evans too without bothering to check if their visions agreed.

Add Josh Trank being dumped early into production of whichever movie it was and it's probably just a matter of time before word comes out about creative differences with Rian Johnson.:russ:

I was always under the imprsssion Stephen wanted it to be more serious because of his affection for Bruce lee and that's why he left due to the tug of war between he and the studio and rogen

Edit: yeah Goldberg said they had drastically different visions on the movie and what it was going to be and I was never under the impression that he wanted to Kane a silly green hornet movie or tongue in cheek because he loves Bruce so much. Now he's never said why he dropped out or even what his vision was for the movie to begin with but Goldberg said they clashed. So I wouldn't say I'm wrong. I'm taking a guess.

Last edited:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
:dwillhuh at Kathleen going "The directors/writers of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, 21 Jump Street, the Lego Movie, The Last Man on Earth and Brooklyn Nine Nine have brought a comedic tone to this movie:picard:"
From what's been reported, it's not that they merely had an issue with a "comedic tone" in the movie, rather they (Kennedy, Kasdan etc) didn't agree with the direction Han Solo was being taken in as a character and the unstructured way Lord & Miller approached production/going off script.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Ron Howard is.... a director. A good one but he don't have much of his own style. He's a guy that will give the studio what they want which is a very safe, by-the-numbers blockbuster which will neither be great/classic/different or completely terrible.

So expect a solid movie but nothing mindblowing.

Lord and Miller could have made a true classic. That's off the table now. You're going to get a solid little blockbuster and nothing more.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
i never thought i would say this but god damn i want george lucas back.

he's the only guy batshyt insane with the ideas and imagination to take this series forward.

kasdan may have wrote empire but it was lucas's story.