Han Solo: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread] (2018)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Exxxactly lol. And I already seen an ewok movie. Have no desire to see that shyt ever again in life. Now Spielberg or one of the cats who did John wick or Coogler or James wan. Those are the names I'd like to see attached to Han Solo if they decided months ago not to go with lord and miller.

Speaking of Spielberg how long is it before he directs one of these

Because of Spielberg's allegiance to Lucas I dot think he'd ever direct one.

Lucas asked him back during the prequels to direct one of them and them Spielberg turned him down. The closest you'll ever get to a Spielberg directed Star Wars is the Obi Wan/Grevious sequence in Revenge Of The Sith that he Ghost directed.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Because of Spielberg's allegiance to Lucas I dot think he'd ever direct one.

Lucas asked him back during the prequels to direct one of them and them Spielberg turned him down. The closest you'll ever get to a Spielberg directed Star Wars is the Obi Wan/Grevious sequence in Revenge Of The Sith that he Ghost directed.

Yeah good point. He asked him to do return of the Jedi too and he said nah. Definitely now probably not. I get it. That's his man. If I were him I probably wouldn't either.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Kathleen Kennedy seems like she might be terrible. ... put a woman in charge, brehs

... :youngsabo: i'm kidding, I'm kidding. I'm half kidding.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Ron is a stabilizing choice but not interesting. The whole point of these spin off stories was to show different flavors of the universe or at least I thought. Ron Howard is fine. The last movie of his I really loved was frost/Nixon and even then it's very traditional but it lives on the strength of the performances and the script. He's a journeyman who's competent and knows how to embellish melodrama. But he's not the guy I'd hire for a Han Solo movie or anything "interesting"
Kasdan will be directing through Howard.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Kasdan will be directing through Howard.

Unnecessary tho. If kasdan wanted to direct he should just direct. I don't believe they'd hire Ron Howard just to have someone else ghost direct. Someone else who's resume isn't even as long as his. If I was Ron Howard and they came to me with that shyt I'd spit in their faces lol

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Unnecessary tho. If kasdan wanted to direct he should just direct. I don't believe they'd hire Ron Howard just to have someone else ghost direct. Someone else who's resume isn't even as long as his. If I was Ron Howard and they came to me with that shyt I'd spit in their faces lol
Apparently he can't due to the 'Eastwood Rule' lol

The DGA, under what is commonly known as “the Eastwood Rule,” prohibits an actor or producer from firing a director and taking over. This occurred after Clint Eastwood had a beef with director Philip Kaufman on The Outlaw Josie Wales, that not only had to do with the film’s tone, but also an actress — Sondra Locke. This complicated the idea that Kasdan would take over, despite credits that include The Big Chill.
Ron Howard Confirmed As New ‘Star Wars’ Han Solo Director

Howard has ties to George Lucas and I assume others at Lucasfilm, so perhaps he won't have an issue with a direct by committee approach

CHL

Superstar
Daps
(Take this with a grain of salt)

For anyone who’s worried that the actor playing a young Han Solo isn’t taking his role seriously, rest easy – Ehrenreich one of the most important people involved with the project who voiced his concerns about the project at a crucial moment in the movie’s development, which means that he’s absolutely committed to bringing his A-game to this role. Ehrenreich’s performance has been described to us as being an interesting new take on Han that stands out on its own while still honoring the essentials of the character, and that it’s a worthy interpretation of the iconic scoundrel.

And this is why Ehrenreich had concerns with the production as filming progressed. He started to worry that Lord & Miller’s screwball comedy angle was starting to interfere with what the character of Han Solo is really about – even if this was a younger, more reckless take on the character than the one we met in that Cantina on Tatooine. One source described it as being oddly comparable to Jim Carrey’s performance in Ace Ventura at times. Ehrenreich let his concerns be known to one of the producers, who then told Kennedy about it, which led to her decision to look over the existing footage (which is also a normal part of the production process, but this is where things get interesting).

The reason people close to the project have described it positively was that they saw several isolated scenes. However, when an assembly cut actually started to come together, that was where the issues presented themselves in earnest, and this is where Kennedy and Kasdan – as well as the other people reporting to them – started to get deeply concerned. The Weekly Planet Podcast mentioned that there were concerns with performances and action setpieces, but from the sound of things it seems to be more along the lines that Lucasfilm really wants to get an edit that’s more faithful to Kasdan’s script. (Have I mentioned that they really, really like Ehrenreich’s take on Han? Because they do!) There was something of a “zany” tone to more scenes than they would have liked – in part due to some of the improv – and I get the feeling that fans might take more of an issue with this than they would have if the film had been left unfixed.

At some point in production, some kind of hiatus took place, and this is where they reviewed the footage and told Lord & Miller that they’d need to overhaul the movie with reshoots when they worked on it later. If this sounds familiar, then you’d be right to think of Rogue One – but the difference was that Gareth Edwards was a team player, whereas Lord & Miller have given off the impression that they were pretty rebellious with this production, and they offered an ultimatum – either let us handle the reshoots our way, or we’re out. And thus, they were shown the door.

Let’s be clear here – when it comes down to Lord & Miller taking issue with the writer/producer and the creative team at Lucasfilm, it’s should not be surprising that Kennedy would choose to take the side of the people who are in Star Wars for the long haul. And it’s also in Kennedy’s best interest to make sure that they can do whatever it takes to fix a movie before it hits the silver screen, as is the job of any competent film executive overseeing a lot of major projects.
What Our Sources Are Saying About The Star Wars: Han Solo Shakeup.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Apparently he can't due to the 'Eastwood Rule' lol

Ron Howard Confirmed As New ‘Star Wars’ Han Solo Director

Howard has ties to George Lucas and I assume others at Lucasfilm, so perhaps he won't have an issue with a direct by committee approach

Nah if he's worth his salt as a director and for some juevos he'd have an issue with it. I'm not even saying Ron won't do a good job. Quite the opposite actually. What I am saying is that him being director doesn't excite me at all.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Nah if he's worth his salt as a director and for some juevos he'd have an issue with it. I'm not even saying Ron won't do a good job. Quite the opposite actually. What I am saying is that him being director doesn't excite me at all.
What/who is the alternative at this stage in the process? Should they have continued with Lord & Miller the entire way?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
What's the alternative at this stage in the process? Should they have continued with Lord & Miller the entire way?

They gotta do what works for them and what they feel is right. It's their movie it's their money so it's their right to do what they want. I'm saying as a fan, a young Han Solo movie didn't blow my skirt up but they had directors on it who do interest me so my interest was piqued. If they felt it wasn't working and there was a clash then yeah something had to give. And like I said it doesn't mean the movie will be bad or a disaster. Ron Howard knows what he's doing and I'm sure he'll make exactly the flick they want him to make. But it just does nothing for me now. Same way I felt when Edgar wright left ant man. It was a movie I had no interest in outside of the guy behind the camera.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The spins from each sides are slowly coming put trying to paint themselves better.

I have a very hard time believing they were having Han Solo be ace ventura esque.