Han Solo: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread] (2018)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Thank you....damn how do people constantly miss these fukking points. Luke caught so many Ls and actually had character development.

With these new star wars movies the female characters are bad asses from the start. No development no taking Ls....just whooping ass like Rambo as soon as the intro starts.
the force is female

:mjlol:

Kathleen Kennedy gonna run the most beloved franchise of all time into the ground with the SJW nonsense.

Also, they're treating this property like Marvel. It's not like that. People don't want a Star Wars flick every year, and the franchise doesn't really lend itself well to a "cinematic universe." Star Wars was 2 trilogies that had 2 or 3 years in between each movie, and a decade and a half between trilogies. It was a special thing that gave you time to cool off and sort of forget about it, and then another movie would be anticipated, and they'd build up to it. It's too much. The Last Jedi wasn't even 6 months ago.

They aren't listening to their audience either.

Lots of mistakes on Disney's part going on.

Also, how the fukk do you do a trilogy and not plan it out beforehand? :hhh:

EDIT: No one asked for this Solo movie, and I heard today (hopefully it's wrong) that they're going to do a trilogy of Solo movies now? So 2 more Solo flicks? Plus an Obi Wan prequel is coming?
:skip:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
The business plan is make the main character a woman so that women will want to see it, but make a movie in a male-oriented genre so that men will want to see it.

There’s a word for this, cant remember. But the end result is you alienate your fan base and the people you’re trying to pander to are flaky customers anyway so they’ll bounce with the slightest distraction. It’s kind of how specialty TV channels fail.
Is it called market segmentation? I googled Solo bomb articles and saw this, and it seems to reference what you're talking about: SJW Politics Have Handed Star Wars Its First Bomb With ‘Solo’

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
This movie is so dead, I didn't know it had been released. At least with the others their respective threads were popping. Reading through this I am reminded once more, Disney jumped the gun with how they handled the EU. Infinity War has shown its possible to show grand feats from characters while retaining the flavor of the story. Starkiller's story is greater than anything which has been put out RN.

Me and my girl saw this last night and got tickets 30 mins before, and on the app we had to pick our seats ahead of time, and only one seat in the entire theater was taken. When we actually got there, there were 5 or 6 other people in the room, but that's it. Maybe the most dead I've ever seen a movie theater on a Friday night.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Is it called market segmentation? I googled Solo bomb articles and saw this, and it seems to reference what you're talking about: SJW Politics Have Handed Star Wars Its First Bomb With ‘Solo’

I googled for that term I think that's the opposite. So sci-fi markets are a segment, but then they try to appeal to other demos and break the boundaries of their segment to pull in new fans. Like what's happened with star wars, women don't really give a fukk anyway and men and boys are :camby: about the franchise now

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the force is female

:mjlol:

Kathleen Kennedy gonna run the most beloved franchise of all time into the ground with the SJW nonsense.

Also, they're treating this property like Marvel. It's not like that. People don't want a Star Wars flick every year, and the franchise doesn't really lend itself well to a "cinematic universe." Star Wars was 2 trilogies that had 2 or 3 years in between each movie, and a decade and a half between trilogies. It was a special thing that gave you time to cool off and sort of forget about it, and then another movie would be anticipated, and they'd build up to it. It's too much. The Last Jedi wasn't even 6 months ago.

They aren't listening to their audience either.

Lots of mistakes on Disney's part going on.

Also, how the fukk do you do a trilogy and not plan it out beforehand? :hhh:

EDIT: No one asked for this Solo movie, and I heard today (hopefully it's wrong) that they're going to do a trilogy of Solo movies now? So 2 more Solo flicks? Plus an Obi Wan prequel is coming?
:skip:

The guy who played Han is signed for three movies but no fukking way will there be a trilogy at Solo movies. My guess is at best he makes brief appearances in other movies to give them a connected universe feel but that's it. And after the failure of this movie I wouldn't be surprised if this guy is done period.

:ufdup:Don't talk shyt on that Obi Wan movie though. I actually do want that if they get Ewan MacGregor back and actually make it dark and dope with him flexing and bringing some fronteir justice on Tatoiine. But if it's gonna be just another excuse to have some super powerful female lead help him along then I'll pass. Kathleen Kennedy is the worst thing to ever happen to Star Wars.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
You don't like to see slaves fight back and win in the end?

I don’t like seeing black men depicted as clowns, reminiscent of racist minstrel show characters from the 1950s. I especially don’t like the “play it down” white boy response from cacs and in denial tokens in response to this observation.

tjax03

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They probably will make bobba fett transgender or something.

Kathleen kennedy gotta go

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
The guy who played Han is signed for three movies but no fukking way will there be a trilogy at Solo movies. My guess is at best he makes brief appearances in other movies to give them a connected universe feel but that's it. And after the failure of this movie I wouldn't be surprised if this guy is done period.

:ufdup:Don't talk shyt on that Obi Wan movie though. I actually do want that if they get Ewan MacGregor back and actually make it dark and dope with him flexing and bringing some fronteir justice on Tatoiine. But if it's gonna be just another excuse to have some super powerful female lead help him along then I'll pass. Kathleen Kennedy is the worst thing to ever happen to Star Wars.
Yea im thinking solo MIGHT get a sequel (or thats what they were clearly planning on before it bombed) so now Im thinking he will be in the boba fett movie and lando movie, if either one gets made.

And the obi wan movie could be very very dope, he could be slaying motherfukkers with a saber all over tatooine...and hopefully they wont do that feminisim bullshyt, as obi is an old school force user who gave up the p*ssy for his religion.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How much damage did the last Jedi do tho forreal? Because with Luke, Han and Leia all effectively gone, that's all the attachment a HUGE chunk of Star Wars had for the franchise gone now. All the old heads who were first and foremost fans of the original trilogy, what do they have to come back for now?

All we can hope is that Disney feels the pressure and goes for the sure thing which would be a Vader flick.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
How much damage did the last Jedi do tho forreal? Because with Luke, Han and Leia all effectively gone, that's all the attachment a HUGE chunk of Star Wars had for the franchise gone now. All the old heads who were first and foremost fans of the original trilogy, what do they have to come back for now?

All we can hope is that Disney feels the pressure and goes for the sure thing which would be a Vader flick.
Well, luke isnt gone. (Force ghost luke will appear, and its not like they planned on Carrie Fishers death) I think the timing of may release was worst, tlj was originaly supposed to be last may but got pushed, and having two movies released so close is not a good look, esp with Avengers and deadpool in this time frame...i been saying, all star wars movies need to be december. Kids are out on vacation (no matter how we feel kids will still love these flicks) and it gives a full year to breath. People argue “well marvel releases 2-3 movies a year”.difference is marvel characters all have different powerrs, different abilitys etc. all while being in a (new) intertwined story. Star wars is a different animal that all of us grew up with and that makes it much easier to criticize looking at it from a more adult perspective. Remember that, its really a kids story, we just are not kids anymore. I have my issues with all the new movies, but overall find them enjoyable.

Edit: vader flick would be awesome but hes also one of the greatest antagonist of all time, so to make him a protagonist :patrice:...not sure, dont want to hurt the original movies