Han Solo: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread] (2018)

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
:francis:

So Han Solo is responsible for the creation of the rebel alliance? :francis:

And he also happens to be casual fukk buddies with a possible sith apprentice who’s secretly being trained by a resurrected Darth Maul.:francis:

did Disney steal some dude’s online fanfic from the year 2001 and give it a 300 million dollar budget:francis:

Not really THE Rebel Alliance, just that component of it.
I think Bail Organa hiding Leia at the end of RoTS is the beginning of the "core" of the Rebellion.

Question for the EU/Comics/Cartoon fans out there:

Is this the first time they ever mentioned something called the "Imperial Infantry" made up of regular non-clones/non-stormtroopers?

I don't think I've ever heard of cannon fodder foot soldiers in Star Wars before. Was this something made up for the movie? I guess it's supposed to fill in the gap between the last Clonetroopers and when the army became fully armored Stormtroopers.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I think seeing the shortcomings of the Star Wars universe, the DCEU, the Fox Marvel universe, the Dark universe, and Sony's little Spider-verse, Kevin Feige should go down in history as a legend. 90% of the 19 Marvel movies are all critically well-received + audience well-received + performs well at the box office, and they've never had a flop in any regard. And this is with 19 fukking movies, these other franchises are trying to start universes and can't keep it going past film 4 because they're either impatient, greedy, or both.
The incredible hulk flopped.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
But..

Women do not give a shyt about this type of stuff

SOHH..

Why pander to a nonexistent female audience?

Hate to say it but this woman running this is just simple and plain not smart enough to run this

It need to fail hard so they can get the message. shyt is wack

The business plan is make the main character a woman so that women will want to see it, but make a movie in a male-oriented genre so that men will want to see it.

There’s a word for this, cant remember. But the end result is you alienate your fan base and the people you’re trying to pander to are flaky customers anyway so they’ll bounce with the slightest distraction. It’s kind of how specialty TV channels fail.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
this was an utterly pointless movie.
It's like...why do a back story if you aren't going to expand on the character at all? It seemed like it was just a movie made to make references to things we've already heard about. It wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be but it was the definition of generic.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
It's like...why do a back story if you aren't going to expand on the character at all? It seemed like it was just a movie made to make references to things we've already heard about. It wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be but it was the definition of generic.
just a waste of time and resources. they could have done something else to combat the growing SW fatigue instead. no one wanted this. no one wants most of the shyt they're talking about.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
It's a fun movie and at least one sequence is probably only really dope in cinemas.

Won't miss much by skipping it tho.