Han Solo: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread] (2018)

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
B...bu...but the Marvel movies are fast food and no one will remember them in the future. :troll:

Some brehs can't recognize unprecedented history in real time brehs. :manny:
While my Marvel brehs can. :salute:
Salue the entire office for us breh. Often imitated but never duplicated. :win:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They respect the characters and don't try to pander.

Take Thor, Iron Man, and Doctor Strange.

3 confident, womanizing, masculine, arrogant, classic male archetypes.

They all have their ups and downs but they never lose their self confidence or experience great tragedy but they never give up. The embodiment of what men aspire to be. And WOMEN love that. Women love confident desirable men.

Thor's entire family is killed. Half his race. Yet he still fights impossible odds with a smirk and buries an axe in the chest of the most powerful being in the universe.

Luke Skywalker experiences one set back and goes off to die alone and abandon everyone.

Tony Stark has one of the greatest character Arch's in cinematic history. The difference in Tony from the beginning of Iron Man 1 getting lap dances on a private jet with Rhodey to holding Peter in his arms as he dies is insane.

Compare that to Han Solo who dies three movies and 30 years later is back where he started.

You have to respect the characters, you can't have agendas, men and women want strong male leads to root for.

This very true.....women love iron man no matter the race. They love that he was a selfish arrogant a hole that learned how respect others and think about someone other than himself.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
I hope they won't treat this as an isolated incident.

TFA did NOTHING to make Han more interesting, it reversed the growth he made throughout the OG and then killed him (ill scene). They did the same with Luke & Leia.
Shyt on beloved characters in favor of new ones and then try to use nostalgia to sell a movie on those characters BREH.

They really had Rey knowing how to work the Falcon better than Han/Chewie :gucci:
WTF?
So she was able to beat a trained Jedi in TFA and now she's a better pilot than a career space smuggler and graduate of a flight academy? fawk this franchise with their checklisting and pandering

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
It was enjoyable. I thought Han and Harrison had good chemistry. Glover did a good job with lando as well. Seeing maul at the end was dope.

Emilia Clark is not a good actress. Can’t pin point it but she doesn’t express emotions well or connect somehow. I can’t explain it.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I'll prefix and say I wasn't really "excited" when they announced they'd do a Han origin movie, so there may have been a bit of inherited bias..but like previous SW flicks, I refrained from reading any info or watching any trailers beyond what the theater showed, so I practically went in blind...and with that said...

Meh. Thought it was overall dull.

Glover was the best actor, then Woody

Clarke and whoever played solo were
Jay-Z-so-so.gif

L3 was both cringy and :russ:...the whole feminist/SJW shyt was a bit :comeon:

Maul cameo was intriguing but fukking stupid/unneeded, since we'll most likely never revisit it.

Best (but stupid) part was how he got his last name

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
oh yeah forgot to add..in relation to the new trilogy...the fact it took Han needing the help of Lando, L3, and then Chewie to navigate but rey did it pretty much dolo in TFA...:martin:

I mean it was brought up when the movie dropped, obviously...but this was a reminder she's too damn strong for no real reason.

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
Saw it this afternoon during the matinee for $5. I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would. All the actors were solid. Even the kid playing Han wasn't too bad to me. But like everyone else said, this movie was unnecessary. Like really, what purpose does this serve in the long run for the Star Wars franchise? We know what happens to Han ultimately, so everything that happens in this movie is inconsequential.

Rogue One worked because it was a group of characters never before seen in the SW universe so they had a chance to be creative with the storytelling. No reason why they can't do more of that.

Oh and one more thing....
:dahell: was Darth Maul doing there? Maybe it's one of those things explained in the books or something, but the timeline doesn't make sense. I'm probably missing something :yeshrug:

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Oh and one more thing....
:dahell: was Darth Maul doing there? Maybe it's one of those things explained in the books or something, but the timeline doesn't make sense. I'm probably missing something :yeshrug:

watch clone wars and rebels :blessed: it explains everything and completes most of the story

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
B...bu...but the Marvel movies are fast food and no one will remember them in the future. :troll:

Some brehs can't recognize unprecedented history in real time brehs. :manny:
While my Marvel brehs can. :salute:
Salue the entire office for us breh. Often imitated but never duplicated. :win:

I dont even know why it was even a question after about the 5th movie:lolbron:

Martha