Han Solo: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread] (2018)

ezrathegreat

Veteran
Daps
I could see that :yeshrug:

Some Kathleen Kennedyisms I noticed:

- that pirate turning out to be a young girl.
- a lady robot telling a black man that she wants equal rights (@Ziggiy ).
- Qi'ra won every fight she was in, while Han/Lando/Beckett all took L's.
- Han's lucky charms being a big thing now, they were trivial in the OG movies+TFA. They came up with this shyt in TLA and now Solo went extra to legitimize their importance.
- Finn got a kiss on the forehead from Rey and a peck from Rose, but Woody was tongueing down his black lady while everyone looked on like :mjgrin:

:hubie:This is why I'm good with seeing any more Star Wars movies. There's already enough black male emasculation and bedwenching in the media today, no need to give them my dollars so the trend continues.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man, are you serious? Im def not going to see Solo now. I think I'm done with the franchise. The magic is gone.
Yeah they dont do any action scenes or anything with him but he's pretty much shown to be alive and looks like takes on a what looks to be apprentice.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
For anybody else that enjoyed the movie I got it over all the prequels and rogue One on my personal list. Need more viewings tho.. I got my nephew into a bunch of stuff I grew up on and he loves Star Wars so I'll take him to see it.

When Lando started shooting people was flames!

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
So my bootleg finally came through and I saw this. Time for the hot takes.

None of the actors were terrible in my opinion. Alden was passable, DG nailed Landos maanerisms and cadence, Emilia Clarke probably had the best acting roll of her career in this(how sad that is, is up to you personally).

The script was mediocre at best. You can't make a prequel about a main charcter and expect the audience to care when we know he makes it out fine. This movie shouldn't have been made.

Lowkey Qi'ras story would have been more interesting than Hans, if told from her perspective with a better actress. Hans story was generic as fukk. Dudes basically white space Aladdin. Whole time I'm like
"how did Kira wind up here"
"whatever happens to Kira"

Is the movie as bad as it's doing at the box office. No. Its decent. Like a 6.5
But it has WAY to much working against it.
1. A terrible release window
2. Way to much bad post production press.
3. The fact no one asked for this
4. Trying to sell it off nostalgia when they firmly shyt on the fans nostalgia 6 months ago.

momma

All Star
Daps
I think seeing the shortcomings of the Star Wars universe, the DCEU, the Fox Marvel universe, the Dark universe, and Sony's little Spider-verse, Kevin Feige should go down in history as a legend. 90% of the 19 Marvel movies are all critically well-received + audience well-received + performs well at the box office, and they've never had a flop in any regard. And this is with 19 fukking movies, these other franchises are trying to start universes and can't keep it going past film 4 because they're either impatient, greedy, or both.

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
I think seeing the shortcomings of the Star Wars universe, the DCEU, the Fox Marvel universe, the Dark universe, and Sony's little Spider-verse, Kevin Feige should go down in history as a legend. 90% of the 19 Marvel movies are all critically well-received + audience well-received + performs well at the box office, and they've never had a flop in any regard. And this is with 19 fukking movies, these other franchises are trying to start universes and can't keep it going past film 4 because they're either impatient, greedy, or both.
They respect the characters and don't try to pander.

Take Thor, Iron Man, and Doctor Strange.

3 confident, womanizing, masculine, arrogant, classic male archetypes.

They all have their ups and downs but they never lose their self confidence or experience great tragedy but they never give up. The embodiment of what men aspire to be. And WOMEN love that. Women love confident desirable men.

Thor's entire family is killed. Half his race. Yet he still fights impossible odds with a smirk and buries an axe in the chest of the most powerful being in the universe.

Luke Skywalker experiences one set back and goes off to die alone and abandon everyone.

Tony Stark has one of the greatest character Arch's in cinematic history. The difference in Tony from the beginning of Iron Man 1 getting lap dances on a private jet with Rhodey to holding Peter in his arms as he dies is insane.

Compare that to Han Solo who dies three movies and 30 years later is back where he started.

You have to respect the characters, you can't have agendas, men and women want strong male leads to root for.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
With the film bombing with only 80 million dollars domestically over the weekend against a 250 million dollar budget and 100+ million dollar marketing campaign. You can say that this film is gonna end up in the red financially...

I guess you can call it...

15433951_Alt01

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
But..

Women do not give a shyt about this type of stuff

SOHH..

Why pander to a nonexistent female audience?

Hate to say it but this woman running this is just simple and plain not smart enough to run this

It need to fail hard so they can get the message. shyt is wack

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I hope they won't treat this as an isolated incident.

TFA did NOTHING to make Han more interesting, it reversed the growth he made throughout the OG and then killed him (ill scene). They did the same with Luke & Leia.
Shyt on beloved characters in favor of new ones and then try to use nostalgia to sell a movie on those characters BREH.

They really had Rey knowing how to work the Falcon better than Han/Chewie :gucci:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I hope they won't treat this as an isolated incident.

TFA did NOTHING to make Han more interesting, it reversed the growth he made throughout the OG and then killed him (ill scene). They did the same with Luke & Leia.
Shyt on beloved characters in favor of new ones and then try to use nostalgia to sell a movie on those characters BREH.

They really had Rey knowing how to work the Falcon better than Han/Chewie :gucci:
They only been flying it and using it as a home for thirty years

Solo bombing because of amongst other reasons, catering to women, every chick I know don't care about star wars, I don't care about star wars, most chicks don't care about space, so unless you make The bag: The Space movie, none of this is going to work.
6:51 AM · May 28, 2018

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
A poster above me listed several strong female leads from the 80s/90s/00s who were allowed to be flawed. That's no longer the case.

Right, for some reason writers have forgotten how to write these characters. Whoever wrote the females for BP needs to coach these others on how it's done.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
We did it @jayshiggs @KOOL-AID @Bryan Danielson