Han Solo: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread] (2018)

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
So wait... Chewbacca was a "baggage handler?"

Donald Glover was plugging a toaster? :dame:

This movie had a lot of garbage twists too. :pachaha:

To answer accordingly;

No:ld:

If plugging a robot into his navigational system counts, then yes... for that one and only time:manny:

Other than the last 5 min scene twist.... wasnt really a lot in here:jbhmm:

Martha

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Star Wars was never about that to be honest till recently when they started making very cartoon characters that can do anything
All the OT characters have clear flaws and shortcoming. They where all strong, but in a realistic and relatable manner. Han had his charm, cleverness, and superior pilot skills, and veteran scroundal wisdom. Yet, he was never exactly smart or very crafty outside of shooting computers. Leia was always a strong minded, intelligent, and leader amongst people where she used every advantage that she could get. Yet, she isn't a master Warrior. Luke really only had force sensitive power, moderate pilot skills, and later on.. Jedi wisdom. They really needed each other and be team.

Rey on the other hand. She can basically do anything at any time. It basically made Finn and Poe useless as supporting characters with Finn having very little skill outside of his witty charm and Poe only being useful in x-wing.

It's probably the reason why the new Star Wars has such a characterization problem. They make female characters be the modern day Hollywood male archetype, but Star Wars never feature that kind of character. So, it gets rejected by fans.
Great post.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
so is this disneys biggest flop since john carter

I remember saying earlier that they should have given Ron Howard more time to tweak the movie and push it back to December. All the SW movies have opened during Christmas and done well. This is the first movie since ROTS to open during the summer. Not only that, its opening against IW, Deadpool, and has to compete against Jurassic World in the coming weeks.

Lucas/Disney got too cocky.

momma

All Star
Daps
Disney/Kathleen Kennedy really fukked up with the timing of this movie

Infinity War was April 27
A literal 2 weeks later is Deadpool 2 on May 11
And then another literal 2 weeks later is this movie

Superhero movies and Star Wars movies you'd think would probably have a lot of crossover in audience - children, fans of mythology / nerds, casual moviegoers. Considering Solo has a 71% on RottenTomatoes and is also the 3rd blockbuster to come out in the span of 4 weeks, it shouldn't be surprising that it bombed. Going to the theater three times a year is pretty rare for the average person, let alone three times within a month. If they dropped this in July or Q4, I'm sure it would have done a lot better. I actually wouldn't be surprised if this movie is consistently solid in its 2nd, 3rd, and 4th weekends.

And on top of that, "Star Wars fatigue" is definitely a little real. The Last Jedi was mediocrely received at best and I don't think anyone feels the need to jump back into that universe any time soon.

And finally, a Han Solo movie isn't exactly the most necessary movie to make. It feels like a total cash grab because Han Solo is such a beloved character that they thought it'd be easy guap. They're trying to do what Marvel's doing except Marvel movies are all part of an anthology, meanwhile the Solo movie has zero bearing on what's gonna happen in the main trilogy so it's not really essential to watch

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
Honestly, star wars was my childhood but I'm not interested in this shyt they're churning out. Rogue one was school because it had to fit in the og framework. Also the rebels cartoon was :wow:.

But this shyt with hipster directors making the story up as they go along and thinking they're smarter than decades worth of star wars nerd writers is BS. Especially as they've messed up both movies. And that prick rian whatever and kathleen kennedy basically said the fans don't know shyt :russ:

No nostalgic epic trailers will trick me into getting hyped again.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Disney/Kathleen Kennedy really fukked up with the timing of this movie

Infinity War was April 27
A literal 2 weeks later is Deadpool 2 on May 11
And then another literal 2 weeks later is this movie

Superhero movies and Star Wars movies you'd think would probably have a lot of crossover in audience - children, fans of mythology / nerds, casual moviegoers. Considering Solo has a 71% on RottenTomatoes and is also the 3rd blockbuster to come out in the span of 4 weeks, it shouldn't be surprising that it bombed. Going to the theater three times a year is pretty rare for the average person, let alone three times within a month. If they dropped this in July or Q4, I'm sure it would have done a lot better. I actually wouldn't be surprised if this movie is consistently solid in its 2nd, 3rd, and 4th weekends.

And on top of that, "Star Wars fatigue" is definitely a little real. The Last Jedi was mediocrely received at best and I don't think anyone feels the need to jump back into that universe any time soon.

And finally, a Han Solo movie isn't exactly the most necessary movie to make. It feels like a total cash grab because Han Solo is such a beloved character that they thought it'd be easy guap. They're trying to do what Marvel's doing except Marvel movies are all part of an anthology, meanwhile the Solo movie has zero bearing on what's gonna happen in the main trilogy so it's not really essential to watch

Man the ONLY reason I'm seeing all these movies is cuz of movie pass. Otherwise I wouldn't have seen this already.