Han Solo: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread] (2018)

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Starwars worked because of the chemistry of the original cast. Without them it's trash. Every one of the new movies has failed to be as good the originals. Rogue One was piff though. They need to just leave it alone and find a new franchise. I think a franchise based on The Witcher would be fire.

There simply chosing the wrong story to tell.
I loved rougue one.
Solo should not have been made.
We should have gotten a Kenobi movie that lead into rougue one.

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Definitely sounds like a Redbox rental. Reports from a few YouTubers I follow say it's just "okay", feels light like a Marvel movie, and theaters were half full. I just hope Episode IX can deliver and restore that feeling.

lotteryplaya

Winning a big lottery jackpot is my dream.
Daps
Every time numbers get updated it goes down.

This might be the first outright bomb in star wars history.

Everything Im reading is predicting it could drop to $80-90 million for the 3 day. And could do less than $500 million WW end of run.

That's nuts.

Deadline updated to 80-90

‘Solo’ Currently Flying Low For Disney ‘Star Wars’ Opening With $105M-$115M 4-Day

UPDATED, 10:47AM: Industry estimates this morning are pegging around $33M today for Disney’s Solo: A Star Wars Story with a $80M-$90M three-day.

A 33 million Friday is behind Justice League which had a $38 million Friday and justice league opened to $93

It looks like worldwide this thing may not do ant man numbers forget justice league.
:dead:
This.
Make Lando gay and expect a billion dollar blockbuster, brehs.
Join A Wrinkle In Time as the only Disney flops of the year, brehs.
:scust:

Last edited:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Movie was dope. SW fans are insufferable. Those vibroknuckles :wow: the mandalorian armor in the homeboys office :wow: darth maul :gladbron: I want a SW movie that gets into dathomir and the nightsisters. Kira with the teras kasi moves :wow:

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
Why wasn't this thread stickied? :dwillhuh:

Edit: nvm it is. I just had the OP of this thread on ignore so i couldn't see it :mjlol:

Standing on business

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I'm a hard Star Wars critic but this movie was not bad at all.

my nikka Darth maul :banderas:
IMG_9649.gif

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
it was fine
doesn't hurt the brand at all
seems like they could build on the Maul storyline in a tv show on the new Disney Neflix
make that mixed freckle face girl the star of the show with Maul being the big bad
great to see Ron Howard's brother Clint in this. He puts his brother in all his movies.
Han shot first! :gladbron:

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
Just got home for the movie. Thought it was dope as hell. Just a fun ass movie. I did have one question tho...

The Darth Maul cameo was obviously FIRE, but has anyone else noticed that it doesn't fit the timeline of the Star Wars series? They show the Stormtroopers at the beginning of the movie, then keep showing the Emipre throughout the film. Darth Maul was LONG dead before any of that existed. At first I thought it might just be a different character that was the same species as Maul, but that theory went completely out the window once he broke out that double bladed lightsaber.

This explains everything.
Answering the biggest questions about Solo’s surprise Star Wars cameo