Han Solo: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread] (2018)

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:francis:

So Han Solo is responsible for the creation of the rebel alliance? :francis:

And he also happens to be casual fukk buddies with a possible sith apprentice who’s secretly being trained by a resurrected Darth Maul.:francis:

did Disney steal some dude’s online fanfic from the year 2001 and give it a 300 million dollar budget:francis:
rebel alliance should already be formed at that point.
I don't believe think she is Maul's apprentice.

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Every time numbers get updated it goes down.

This might be the first outright bomb in star wars history.

Everything Im reading is predicting it could drop to $80-90 million for the 3 day. And could do less than $500 million WW end of run.

That's nuts.
Just got back and it wasn't bad. Had only like 30 people in the theatre for a 7:30 showing though.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Just got back this was ok..not as bad as I was expecting but it wasn’t anything special. Did imax viewing packed house and it was pretty quiet the entire time. It picked up during the last mission for me but that wasn’t enough to save it. Put this down there with the prequels.

TFA and Rouge One have been the best two Disney flicks.

Last edited:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Just got back and it wasn't bad. Had only like 30 people in the theatre for a 7:30 showing though.
Really should delayed this film to August or Winter(Winter has kind of become star war season anyways... ). Somebody at Disney was hella arrogant to think that movie goers wasn't gonna get fatigued after Avengers and Deadpool 2... then Solo in a span of 3 weeks. Including the solid month of April with 3-4 great films including Ready Player One.

Pretty sure Memorial Day Weekend releases haven't been good in a few years too...

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Every time numbers get updated it goes down.

This might be the first outright bomb in star wars history.

Everything Im reading is predicting it could drop to $80-90 million for the 3 day. And could do less than $500 million WW end of run.

That's nuts.
They really should have done a better job marketing this movie.

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Not a big fan of Clark in films... her lack of range really bothers me in films and she is a bit too wooden with little ability to really breath life into a role on the big screen.
I feel like she picks roles poorly, more than anything. She keeps getting put in these beaction adventure movie positions which she does poorly.

She should stick to dramas. Like if Charles dance was a 20 something female are the roles she should be going for.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
They didn't release a full trailer till like March... They where trying to hide the film and... they spent a lot of money marketing it. Just not showing the film.
Yeah they spent a lot of money marketing it, but for a Star Wars film, the campaign was :trash:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Really should delayed this film to August or Winter(Winter has kind of become star war season anyways... ). Somebody at Disney was hella arrogant to think that movie goers wasn't gonna get fatigued after Avengers and Deadpool 2... then Solo in a span of 3 weeks. Including the solid month of April with 3-4 great films including Ready Player One.

Pretty sure Memorial Day Weekend releases haven't been good in a few years too...

Solo probably should have been delayed or at least pushed up to March.

Kinda want to say the same thing for Deadpool.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
one thing about emily clarke, im not going to spoil it but im in the neighborhood so I will put it in spoilers

when the reveal happens, her facial expessions and acting choices do seem weird, some would say that is how a true psychopath would handle it, if you remember the look she has on her face when viserion is killed that is the same expression she has on her face when a certain character returns

when she is talking with han, that is her real self, but she know while this is fun, she knows what she has to do, this isn't what she desires, it is very taylor swift like

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I hope this doesn't hurt Donald glover or emilia clarks career
It shouldn't. From all accounts they were by far the best parts of the movie
Emilia Clark? :dahell:

Now she's bae and all but she was far from being the best part. She lacks a lot of range and didn't have anywhere near the seriousness or intensity to play the role she was playing.

Outside of her being presented as Vos' second in command and Beckett constantly saying she did a lot of bad shyt, she never, ever gave off the idea of being the conflicted femme fatale they kept saying she was. If anything that was the role for an actress of Thandie Newton's statute.

Side-note: it made zero sense that Dryden Vos didn't want to do the Kessel Run because he couldn't risk Crimson Dawn being linked to it, but then orders his top lieutenant who literally has a Crimson Dawn brand on her wrist to join the mission. :dead: