Halloween Kills & Halloween Ends Official Thread Sometime In the Future

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
The bad reviews are the reason I even watched and honestly? I really enjoyed it.

I saw a review that said that eventually this could be a midnight film and I concur. It took the goofiness from Halloween Kills, the grittiness from Halloween (2018) & tied it all into one with thematic references from H20, Halloween 3 & Rob Zombie’s Halloween. And the crazy part is even with all that it still felt like a stand-alone film which was fascinating to me.

I see something similar in viewing experiences with NOPE that I’m seeing with this which is people are more disappointed that it didn’t play out how they wanted instead of being open to the vision that the director had. It was creative to go the route of exploring whether evil is something that lies dormant or is it something that happens out of supernatural connection, hence Corey.

People are so caught up about not getting what they wanted that the the filmmaking is being overlooked. The pacing was really well done, same with the transition scenes. Campbell did an INCREDIBLE job as Corey, his journey/transformation from babysitter to the ending, even the little nuances like his voice on the phone when he called Allyson was well done. Jamie Lee as Laurie was great as usual but I really loved her battling with the effects of guilt/grandmother/anger/potential dating. Showed a bit of versatility for her character.

1000% I see diehard fans hating this but I see a decent percentage of those fans, calming down, revisiting & enjoying it in future viewings. Even with me saying all that It’s not a perfect film, not an exceptionally good or great one, it’s all over the place because of the many themes…..it is a fun film however so :manny:

Last edited:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Huge holloween fan. Very horrible film. East worse in the franchise.

Not even close to any other holloween

Felt liked a straight to Netflix or tubi movie

Felt like the Chucky straight to dvd era movied

1 star and I have absolutely no wants currently to ever see a new holloween movie. I feel like this might have killed the series completely for me

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Huge holloween fan. Very horrible film. East worse in the franchise.

Not even close to any other holloween

Felt liked a straight to Netflix or tubi movie

Felt like the Chucky straight to dvd era movied

1 star and I have absolutely no wants currently to ever see a new holloween movie. I feel like this might have killed the series completely for me
The straight to DVD Chucky movies are fire tho

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
The bad reviews are the reason I even watched and honestly? I really enjoyed it.

I saw a review that said that eventually this could be a midnight film and I concur. It took the goofiness from Halloween Kills, the grittiness from Halloween (2018) & tied it all into one with thematic references from H20, Halloween 3 & Rob Zombie’s Halloween. And the crazy part is even with all that it still felt like a stand-alone film which was fascinating to me.

I see something similar in viewing experiences with NOPE that I’m seeing with this which is people are more disappointed that it didn’t play out how they wanted instead of being open to the vision that the director had. It was creative to go the route of exploring whether evil is something that lies dormant or is it something that happens out of supernatural connection, hence Corey.

People are so caught up about not getting what they wanted that the the filmmaking is being overlooked. The pacing was really well done, same with the transition scenes. Campbell did an INCREDIBLE job as Corey, his journey/transformation from babysitter to the ending, even the little nuances like his voice on the phone when he called Allyson was well done. Jamie Lee as Laurie was great as usual but I really loved her battling with the effects of guilt/grandmother/anger/potential dating. Showed a bit of versatility for her character.

1000% I see diehard fans hating this but I see a decent percentage of those fans, calming down, revisiting & enjoying it in future viewings. Even with me saying all that It’s not a perfect film, not an exceptionally good or great one, it’s all over the place because of the many themes…..it is a fun film however so :manny:

2022 join date :mjlol:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I see they were paying homage to halloween 3 and the halloween 5 in this. All the big time horror movies for the past two years I been anticipating to see have been disappointments starting with Candyman 21.
They veered away from Michael for a big chunk similarly to Season of the Witch and are getting nearly the same reception during opening week.

That being said, at least H3 was actually its own stand-alone film and the story didn’t take away shine from a two-film overarching plot. The audience came for Michael, and they didn’t want cameo appearances either.

Selena

Pro
Daps
They bit hard after that one Friday the 13th movie with the copycat. I did enjoy this better than Halloween Kills but this was still disappointing.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
‘Halloween Ends’ Opening Lower Than Expected With $43.4M: Is Day & Date Peacock Release To Blame?; ‘Smile’ Having Awesome 3rd Weekend Hold With $12M (-35%) – Saturday Box Office

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I'm sorry to repeat myself, but how do you have the audacity to just ignore every movie except for the original, then make the finale in your trilogy a reimagined Rob Zombie's Halloween ll with elements of every movie (that you ignored) in the franchise?

I feel like Earn when he was waiting for D'Angelo and dude pointed him to the Dasani to drink. Unacceptable... Unacceptable :damn:
That’s my main problem with this one. Not so much that it told a different tale, but the fact that the writers disregarded some of the more important things that happened beforehand. Having Michael appear this frail after the way he magically teleported behind Karen in Kills is certainly a choice.

And man, they dumbed down Allyson hard here. She had potential to become a cool ass character. They could’ve spun the dynamic between her and Corey as friends rather than the nonsensical lovers angle.

She showed more grief over Corey’s death than her own mother’s. :dead:

I didn’t come out of this feeling better about Kills either - it’s still a bad movie. Even though it had Michael doing his thing, the whole MAGA mob aspect in that turned me off completely. Money talks but 1978 had the best ending for The Shape, IMO.

Forgot to post in my previous post that this one felt separate from the others in the trilogy. The trilogy as a whole imo doesn’t connect/mesh well. The characters who made it to Halloween Ends doesn’t feel consistent with how they were written in Halloween 2018, or Halloween Kills. Not even better or worse, just not consistent. Too many bad decisions by the writers all around.

If the timeline is supposed to be Halloween OG to Halloween 2018 to Halloween Kills to Halloween Ends. I’d prefer the OG timeline. These writers had the blueprint and they failed. I felt like everyone was dumb in Kills, but in this one it all seems so meaningless. I don’t know which one is worse. Ends might be worse (Kills might have more replay value only because of the kills), and I never thought that would be the case after they dropped the ball with Kills. Honestly, they could have ended on the 2018 movie. And even that one at the time I thought was a little overrated when everyone was gassing it.

Also this seemed more like a combination of other films not in the Halloween universe. It was damn near Wes Craven like at times. The other films it was like:
Christine
It (somewhat)
Maybe a little bit of the Crow
I felt Twin Peaks vibes heavily with Ends. The way Bob’s infectious evil takes over that town is similar to here.