Haitian color caste system

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Apparently the colorism divide in Haiti, like most(all) of the west was there from its' beginnings:

But on top of that the management of the country has been piss poor.

Even in the link provided earlier by @Intruder v3.0 about the pigs it reads like a sad story of poor government.

The most important thing or movement to create in Haiti is education. The literacy rate there is really low and if it went up to 80-90% maybe the ppl will spark something..:yeshrug:

That's my point. Why had the government not push for literacy. You can't hava properous where most citizens are illiterate.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
[QUOTE="gonzo8402, post: 14291700, member: 9384"]Apparently the colorism divide in Haiti, like most(all) of the west was there from its' beginnings:

But on top of that the management of the country has been piss poor.

Even in the link provided earlier by @Intruder v3.0[ER] about the pigs it reads like a sad story of poor government.

The most important thing or movement to create in Haiti is education. The literacy rate there is really low and if it went up to 80-90% maybe the ppl will spark something..:yeshrug:[/QUOTE]

This!!!!

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
yes I absolutely agree with you...the haitian people are very uneducated, and unfortunately democracy doesn't work with an uneducated voting mass.

funny that you bring up Duvalier--there's alot of morons who were treating that dude like royalty when he came back to Haiti. Even martelly was kissing his ass.

Speaking on Martelly and Lamothe--I have mixed emotions on them. On one hand, they are doing a few things to aid the country, but OTOH they are greasing their palms. That whole DR situation is because of those two. They are the ones who sold those Haitians to the DR, so when the Dominican Government informed them that they were sending the Haitians back to Haiti, Martelly/Lamothe stayed silent.
That's why westernerS implementation of democracy doesn't work for many black countries. T here needs to be a bit dictatorship for laws to be obeyed and respected. When I went to Togo,I saw how true that is.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
That's why westernerS implementation of democracy doesn't work for many black countries. T here needs to be a bit dictatorship for laws to be obeyed and respected. When I went to Togo,I saw how true that is.

One of my theories is that every country needs to go through an authoritarian government at some point...

Haiti already had theirs, though. A couple times, I believe.

How much influence does the government have over these NGOs and how they spend their money? Something gotta get done over there...

• Dap
Reactions: Yup

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
One of my theories is that every country needs to go through an authoritarian government at some point...

Haiti already had theirs, though. A couple times, I believe.

How much influence does the government have over these NGOs and how they spend their money? Something gotta get done over there...

And the funny thing is many western countries have gone through authoritarian governments before they became democratic which correlated with the increase of literacy and education of its population. Even today there's no such thing as a 100% democratic government. All countries exercise a certain level of authoritarianism.

In terms of African countries especially Togo, the government is a French puppet gov. It's purpose is not to govern on behalf of its citizens but on behalf of foreign interests. As always....

My intention in this thread was not to throw Haitians under the bus but to show that the Haitian government is just as complicit in Haiti's issues, if not more so. I think that at times the DR vs Haiti debate distracts from the fact that Haitian leaders have dropped the ball on its constituents. Cause DR has more to envy Haiti than Haiti has to envy DR.

However, the legacy that Haiti has built for itself is being tarnished right now.

Last edited:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
That's my point. Why had the government not push for literacy. You can't hava properous where most citizens are illiterate.
It has tho...........you really need to do more research before trying to debate /argue anything

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
It has tho...........you really need to do more research before trying to debate /argue anything

How has the government promoted literacy and why in Haiti's long history has this issue not been tackled?

Don't treat this conversation like a debate, treat it like a discussion. If you're Hatian you can add first hand knowledge or just information in general that most other ppl don't know.

• Dap
Reactions: Yup

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
How has the government promoted literacy and why in Haiti's long history has this issue not been tackled?

Don't treat this conversation like a debate, treat it like a discussion. If you're Hatian you can add first hand knowledge or just information in general that most other ppl don't know.
Id prefer one of the Haitians on here to enlighten but a big issue has been the French vs. Creole debate

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Where in the world doesn't have a color caste system to keep it real smh
A lot of European countries don't have "color caste systems".
They have born in country x, born in EU, first generation immigration from outside of EU, second generation immigration from outside of EU and that's about it.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
White supremacy has dominated the planet. Practically every country has been infected with this "white is right" mentality.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
No such thing. At least not in the way you're thinking

It's a result of a lot of rich foreigners that migrated to Haiti and essentially became Haitian over decades of the families being there. Other part is some of the black mofos who have money being attracted to and marrying mulattos.

Remember when German, Syrians and others were moving to Haiti by the bunches in the mid 1900's Haitians made it illegal for foreigners to OWN land in Haiti. The purpose of said law was to prevent foreigners from coming and buying up all the property while leaving the locals unable to compete in their own land. We've seen how that worked out in some places. See parts of the Bahamas. See Turks and Caicos islands. See Costa Rica.

To circumvent that law many of these foreigners just married Haitian women. Them being white and middle-eastern, they mostly gravitated to.... the lighter-skinned Haitians and mulattos. Thus why you see many Haitian families with german last names and middle eastern last names like Scutt, Acra, Mayher and also including my own last name.
My dads great grandad moved to Haiti from Bangladesh. Thus why many people see my last name on my resume and think I'm indian... only to see a black man show up like "Sak ap fèt, chef?" :smugbiden:
100% accurate. I feel like Haitian women(even in this day and age) marry out slighty more than Haitian men do. Including many Haitian women in my family.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I'm a Haitian-American also, and to echo what Intruder said, many foreigners came to Haiti in the 1900's(mainly men), and reproduced with Haitian women. From what I've gathered from other Haitians , alot of this miscegenation took place in rural parts of Haiti, where big time Euro business men or what have you, would try to set up shop by bringing in their industry. Some of these small towns would have many workers in those businesses. So essentially that White business owner would be the de facto "Papa" of the town, thus giving him leway to marry/have sex with/spread his seed with the local women of that town, thus creating these large mixed-race sub-groups of Half-Black/Half-Euro Haitians.
In particular, there's a big Black/Polish(They call themselves Polonai in Haitian Creole) Community in rural Haiti. There are many light skinned green eyed impoverished Half-Black Half-Polish folks, living in those rural communities alongside dark-skinned Black Haitians who are also impoverished. So you basically have a bunch of light-skinned Haitian Mike Kryzewskis running around in certain parts of Haiti. Some of them have light skinned with Green eyes and pronounced African features and nappy hair. While others half heavy European features. It's quite interesting really:

Daps
i don't know about all that but then i'm not Haitian...haven't all Haitis presidents out the current one been darkskin?.. speaking of which I hear sand cacs(Lebanese and Syrians) make up significant portion of Haiti's elite class despite being like something like 5% of the population.:shaq2:

i think it's ironic and digusting how these camel fukkers hate and treat blacks like trash back home but run to black countries and communities and are treated like kings.:scust:

Last edited: