Haitian Appreciation Thread

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
Anybody here understand the language but can't speak it? :to:

damn thats me too :wow: My parents both spoke english so the only time i had to speak creole was with my grandparents. so yeah my creole is def flabby and sick

But :salute: this thread; love to see Haitian excellence, but 5 pages in and no salute to the best beef patties
patties.jpg

IMG_2524v.jpg

garcelle-beauvais-2.jpg

:noah:

concise

Veteran
Daps
:obama:

I think my Creole is pretty good. The 1st time I visited Florida, I was shocked at how many US-born kids spoke good Creole. :krs:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
damn thats me too :wow: My parents both spoke english so the only time i had to speak creole was with my grandparents. so yeah my creole is def flabby and sick

But :salute: this thread; love to see Haitian excellence, but 5 pages in and no salute to the best beef patties
patties.jpg

IMG_2524v.jpg

garcelle-beauvais-2.jpg

That post made me hungry...... and thirsty :youngsabo:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL

patties.jpg

IMG_2524v.jpg

garcelle-beauvais-2.jpg

:ohlawd: you came thru with the pate :lawd: its hard to find a haitian lady that can make it the way I like. In the 90's the ladies would make the dough by hand and it would come out all nice and buttery

Nowadays these americanized girls be using that frozen prepackaged dough...shyt aint the same.

:obama:

I think my Creole is pretty good. The 1st time I visited Florida, I was shocked at how many US-born kids spoke good Creole. :krs:

One of my sisters is american born and she can speak creole bc my grandma was the babysitter and thats all she could speak. I moved out to the burbs and had no reinforcement so I never spoke it.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
epa nou pa kon parle creole? :wtf:

Born and raised in the A, but grew up in a haitian church so I was speaking creole early on, and the old heads would definitely look at you like :rudy: if you didn't know how to speak it lol

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
epa nou pa kon parle creole? :wtf:

Born and raised in the A, but grew up in a haitian church so I was speaking creole early on, and the old heads would definitely look at you like :rudy: if you didn't know how to speak it lol

I know breh...I know :snoop:

Haitian Jack gonna come in and revoke our cards

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I'm glad I can decipher Haitian text as well :myman:

One annoying thing about Creole is French. I be watching French movies and I feel like I should know what's going without subtitles.

Makes me wish I spent my 2 years in Haiti in a straight up Haitian school but my moms thought it would be too hard body and placed us in an English speaking school instead.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
My creole is actually pretty good for an american born Haitian. My grams clowns me, but every other Haitian I meet who was born in Haiti is mad impressed. I guess my fellow counterparts have set the bar so low. My sister speaks it 100 times better than I do though since my grams moved in with us when she was like 2. I was 5 and had already lost most of it going to school and what not.
Just fukked up some diree ah zabocah earlier too. Sadly though, as much as I love my people, I would never marry a Haitian.