Haitian Appreciation Thread

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I'll tell you one thing about Haitian chicks..there either ugly as fukk or Fine as fukk dimed out there is no inbetween.

Tassou is goat though:lawd:

Tasso has always been and will always be fried or grilled goat (mostly ribs)

It's here in the states that I see these fools talking about "turkey tasso". Makes me wanna stab someone when i hear those words :violent:. How dare these fools pollute the culture with that turkey sh!t?

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
My question for ya'll is this: Do ya'll know the man in my Avi?

Commander in Chiefin

Passing blunts and bills $$$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Green Party
I see y'all talkin bout Tasso but no Griot ? Lambi ?! :eat: Shout out to Pate Jeanty and Queen Creole in Jamaica, Queens. Anybody know a good restaurant in Philly ?

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
What u know about septentrional band :shaq:

I approve this message :obama:

:ehh: While im up there in age (33) and love old school haitian music These cats were way before my time and never got into it. My cousins husband is a Septen stan. And by that i mean dude will punch you for saying anything bad about Septen :laugh:. Yeah he's that serious.

I've always been a fan of the following old school bands

• Tabou Combo - The G.O.A.T. end of story
  • Zekle - Who didnt like Zekle
  • Zin - One of my favs of all time. Funny how Zinis now considered Old School
  • Boukman - ditto
  • Coupe Cloue - i always liked that mofo because of the nasty sh!t in his music. I caught an ass whooping just for humming to a Coupe song once :laugh:

I've been getting into Carimi lately but thats mostly because I went to school with two of the dudes in the band. Alex and Carlo

I see y'all talkin bout Tasso but no Griot ? Lambi ?! :eat: Shout out to Pate Jeanty and Queen Creole in Jamaica, Queens. Anybody know a good restaurant in Philly ?
Lambi is my favorite food ever hands down.

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
That comment about Haitian women being bad drivers is false. My cousin from Miami is prob one of the best drivers Ive seen. Drives a stick shift and everything. God forgives if somebody cuts her off. She'll be on that person's ass until they get off the highway lol.
But in general men are way better drivers than women

Daps
Reppin
Trenton, NJ
sak pa se just showing love

I'm not Haitian but i roll in a couple of Haitian Sets here in Trenton, NJ

yall deep out this mutha******

we got a spot called Mami Joe's here on South Broad Street the food is :why:

love Haitian food

anyway heres a clip, i produced of a couple members of the team

peace

[ame=http://youtu.be/6D6dnseyOqY]Gaza Freestyle Haiti Session over "Tonight" instrumental Produced By D.J.Weltch - YouTube[/ame]

bon bagay :dj2:

Daps
Reppin
Trenton, NJ
[ame=http://youtu.be/fFRVY57Dutc]Gaza Freestyle Part 2 Produced By D.J. Weltch Titanic Beat available @ www.djweltch.com - YouTube[/ame]

Freestyle

SKY DADDY

Religion INC.
Daps
Reppin
I am
l'union fait la force!! koupe tet boule kay!! salute all my zoe's worldwide, we been puttin it down since 1791, but we honored on 1804......

"tet pal se finiiiiii/ git mau mau mwen laaaaaaaaa/ cocaine yo tout le gen map venn prio tout laaaaaaaaaa"

i need help on my kreyol 2 brehs :sadbron:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs7o5NuvL4o&feature=player_detailpage#t=276s]GANGSTAS N THUGS - YouTube[/ame]

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

:scusthov:

That's the only thing I can't co-sign. Nasty ass smell that chewy shyt, it makes me nauseous, some of the fam have the same reactions as well.

One thing I've been trying to find since I left Haiti is that fruit Canep (sp?)

726px-Melicoccus_bijugatus.jpg

:noah:

My cousins and I in Haiti use to farm them shyts. I haven't had it in like 18 years :to:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:scusthov:

That's the only thing I can't co-sign. Nasty ass smell that chewy shyt, it makes me nauseous, some of the fam have the same reactions as well.

One thing I've been trying to find since I left Haiti is that fruit Canep (sp?)

726px-Melicoccus_bijugatus.jpg

:noah:

My cousins and in Haiti use to farm them shyts. I haven't had it in like 18 years :to:

:krs:

in dominican spanish there called limonsillo , they sell them here , gotta hit up the dominican stores