"Ha Ha Suck Our Clinton Dix, We Back in the Mix!" The Official 2014 Green Bay Packers Season Thread

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
B7f1hTICIAMK4vz.jpg:large

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
I was listening to the pressers

McCarthy is excited to go back to Seattle. Almost like he knows how to beat them. :ohhh: In his press conference after the game he was asked how he felt about going back to Seattle? Instead of paying homage to how great they are, he says he's looking forward to going back there and is looking forward to winning the conference championship
Everyone is so focused on the whole Sherman thing, that I think we're gonna send Cobb out to him early. Sherman has had some problems trying to guard smaller, quicker guys in space. Don't be surprised to see Cobb go out there as a single (with Jordy/Davante/TEs on the opposite side) and run some whip routes, and maybe some quick angle routes as well. I doubt we'll see ARod trying to throw deep on Sherman, as that's really a recipe for disaster. The only problem with that (sending Cobb out there), is (if I remember correctly) he has been the most effective WR (in the NFL) from the slot this year, so that's kind of taking away a strength of our team. It's gonna be interesting to see how we attack Sherman though.

Whatever the case, I think it's safe to say that we're not gonna ignore that side of the field this time around, and I'm shocked MM and ARod actually did it the first time around. They're not the type to be scared, though ARod likes to be safe, so maybe that played into it a bit.

Also, our D has found it's identity, as has our running game, both of which stunk up the joint week 1. Of course with those things figuring themselves out, we go into this game, against that defense, with our QB unable to really take advantage of his legs. I'm feeling a strange sense of confidence though. I know we're not supposed to win this game, but providing we don't come out like we did against Dallas, I think this will end up being a good game, and I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see us winning by 2 scores.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Everyone is so focused on the whole Sherman thing, that I think we're gonna send Cobb out to him early. Sherman has had some problems trying to guard smaller, quicker guys in space. Don't be surprised to see Cobb go out there as a single (with Jordy/Davante/TEs on the opposite side) and run some whip routes, and maybe some quick angle routes as well. I doubt we'll see ARod trying to throw deep on Sherman, as that's really a recipe for disaster. The only problem with that (sending Cobb out there), is (if I remember correctly) he has been the most effective WR (in the NFL) from the slot this year, so that's kind of taking away a strength of our team. It's gonna be interesting to see how we attack Sherman though.

Whatever the case, I think it's safe to say that we're not gonna ignore that side of the field this time around, and I'm shocked MM and ARod actually did it the first time around. They're not the type to be scared, though ARod likes to be safe, so maybe that played into it a bit.

Also, our D has found it's identity, as has our running game, both of which stunk up the joint week 1. Of course with those things figuring themselves out, we go into this game, against that defense, with our QB unable to really take advantage of his legs. I'm feeling a strange sense of confidence though. I know we're not supposed to win this game, but providing we don't come out like we did against Dallas, I think this will end up being a good game, and I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see us winning by 2 scores.

I remember Rivers completing some passes to Keenan Allen in Week 2 on Sherm with quick routes, Cobb can do the same

But the TEs are the key, SEA has given up quite a few TDs to TEs this season. If we had Finley in this game, I'd actually feel confident about the offense. In that 2012 game, Finley had seams to get catches if I remember right. Rodgers and Quarless will have those opportunities.

However, at the end of the day, I'm still terrified of Russ and Beastmode running all over the place. I know we won't play that stupid 4-3 look and the defense by the numbers held them to 5 yards per play when they played base 3-4 in Week 1... but allowed something like 7-8 yards per play with the 4-3 look.

B7k8rQpCcAAqfYS.jpg:large

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
here's something interesting. When Seattle has played a solid offense team,they went 2-2(including their week 1 win against our not so solid offense then). Here's the list of the QB's they have faced since week 7:

Austin Davis - STL
Cam Newton - CAR
Derek Carr - OAK
Eli Manning - NYG
Alex Smith - KC
Drew Staton - AZ
Colin Kaep- SF
Mark Sanchez - PHI
Colin Kaep - SF
Ryan Lindley - AZ
Shaun Hill - STL
Cam Newton - CAR

Not to knock their defense but they havent really been tested much. When they were tested against good offenses,they were very beatable.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
here's something interesting. When Seattle has played a solid offense team,they went 2-2(including their week 1 win against our not so solid offense then). Here's the list of the QB's they have faced since week 7:

Austin Davis - STL
Cam Newton - CAR
Derek Carr - OAK
Eli Manning - NYG
Alex Smith - KC
Drew Staton - AZ
Colin Kaep- SF
Mark Sanchez - PHI
Colin Kaep - SF
Ryan Lindley - AZ
Shaun Hill - STL
Cam Newton - CAR

Not to knock their defense but they havent really been tested much. When they were tested against good offenses,they were very beatable.

Everyone keeps saying this

But theyre playing a QB on one leg this week. They're going to hit him since he will hold the ball and we know MM isn't adjusting the offense for shorter routes :stopitslime:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Everyone keeps saying this

But theyre playing a QB on one leg this week. They're going to hit him since he will hold the ball and we know MM isn't adjusting the offense for shorter routes :stopitslime:

that one legged QB is better then any and all QB's listed by a land slide.

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
I have no words. Check that, I have 3. fukk Mike McCarthy. Horrible coaching job, maybe historically horrible. I said that this was the only "acceptable" loss for us being that it was in Seattle, but for us to lose this game is inexcusable. We had no business losing this game, yet we found a way to do it. Can't even really give Seattle all that much credit either. We just did what we had to do to lose.

Season over. Good season in the end, but for us to not be going to the Super Bowl is absolutely a disappointment. Oh well. See ya next year. Baseball season right around the corner. Can't wait.

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this hurts. badly. worst loss i've ever had as a sports fan.

honestly think i would've preferred losing to dallas and not even getting to this game over losing like this.

an onside kick cost us a super bowl. i'm in disbelief.

G.O.A.T

All Star
Daps
GB completely blew this game.
- Two FGs in the redzone off two SEA turnovers
- Gave up a 3rd and 19 to SEA, that led to the td off the fake FG
- Burnett sliding for no reason after the pick with 5 minutes left to go
- Calling the game conservatively with 6 straight runs
- Ha ha blowing the two point conversion and letting Wilson catch it
- Bostick blowing the onside kick

Defense played solid and gave them a chance majority of the game. Offense could have done a little more with all the opportunities they were given