"Ha Ha Suck Our Clinton Dix, We Back in the Mix!" The Official 2014 Green Bay Packers Season Thread

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
10406923_10152898713320073_8347623094348299928_n.jpg

thought they'd save ARod for last….I wonder who Day 1 will be….gotta be clay
clay?

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
the way he writes it is exactly how i see it. Barring a piss poor performance by both the O and D, i dont see why it wouldnt end that way. although i got them scoring 17.

He's wrong on one thing in that article. Rodgers and Romo have faced off and it was in 2009 at Lambeau where Charles Woodson willed the team to victory.

And then in 2008, in Rodgers first season as a starter, the Cowboys beat us at Lambeau because they rushed for 200 yards

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
He's wrong on one thing in that article. Rodgers and Romo have faced off and it was in 2009 at Lambeau where Charles Woodson willed the team to victory.

And then in 2008, in Rodgers first season as a starter, the Cowboys beat us at Lambeau because they rushed for 200 yards

we destroyed them in 2010 45-7 as well in GB. But they had Kitna :scust:

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
we destroyed them in 2010 45-7 as well in GB. But they had Kitna :scust:

Wade Phillips was fired after that game too. Garrett took over and had them finish 5-3.

That 2010 game was too easy.

Even though 2008 is a while ago, the Cowboys recipe for success is duplicating that type of output. I remember that game being so frustrating because they held the ball longer and they had big plays despite losing the turnover battle.

DAL had a better defense back then though. I think they were top 10.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

I believe in this oline

"The cool guy got his job last season with three marker strokes on a white board. It was a Sunday morning in August. Green Bay had played its annual Family Night scrimmage the previous day, and at a point during the practice, Bulaga needed help getting off the field. He’d been the left tackle all of two months, after McCarthy decided to move his two best players to the prestige side of the line. The team was grabbing its late-night snack when reserve tackle Don Barclay told Bakhtiari the news. Bulaga’s ACL was torn.

Speculation followed. Bakhtiari was in a fight with veteran Marshall Newhouse for the right tackle job, a fight he was confident he’d win. He was also a rookie fourth-round pick — not the sort a team entrusts with an MVP’s blind side. That night, Bakhtiari asked Clay Matthews for his thoughts. The pair had spent the offseason working out in Los Angeles. They were friends before Bakhtiari even arrived in Wisconsin. “Clay told me to my face that they were going to move Marshall back over, and I was going to be the starting right tackle,” Bakhtiari says. “I was like, ‘Thanks for the confidence.’”

Early the next morning, coach James Campen walked to the front of the room and, without a word, started writing the numbers of his starting line. Moving from left to right, “69” was first on the board. Coming into the league, Bakhtiari had had a crude but optimistic plan for his career. He’d spend a season or two at right tackle, easing into the league before flipping to the left side a couple of years in. That plan had just accelerated. Two weeks into his first training camp, he was the left tackle for the Green Bay Packers. At the Packers’ offensive walkthrough that afternoon, Rodgers congratulated Bakhtiari in front of the group, loud enough for everyone to hear. As he leaned in for a hug, he whispered in the rookie’s ear: You better not get me killed."

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal

I believe in this oline

"The cool guy got his job last season with three marker strokes on a white board. It was a Sunday morning in August. Green Bay had played its annual Family Night scrimmage the previous day, and at a point during the practice, Bulaga needed help getting off the field. He’d been the left tackle all of two months, after McCarthy decided to move his two best players to the prestige side of the line. The team was grabbing its late-night snack when reserve tackle Don Barclay told Bakhtiari the news. Bulaga’s ACL was torn.

Speculation followed. Bakhtiari was in a fight with veteran Marshall Newhouse for the right tackle job, a fight he was confident he’d win. He was also a rookie fourth-round pick — not the sort a team entrusts with an MVP’s blind side. That night, Bakhtiari asked Clay Matthews for his thoughts. The pair had spent the offseason working out in Los Angeles. They were friends before Bakhtiari even arrived in Wisconsin. “Clay told me to my face that they were going to move Marshall back over, and I was going to be the starting right tackle,” Bakhtiari says. “I was like, ‘Thanks for the confidence.’”

Early the next morning, coach James Campen walked to the front of the room and, without a word, started writing the numbers of his starting line. Moving from left to right, “69” was first on the board. Coming into the league, Bakhtiari had had a crude but optimistic plan for his career. He’d spend a season or two at right tackle, easing into the league before flipping to the left side a couple of years in. That plan had just accelerated. Two weeks into his first training camp, he was the left tackle for the Green Bay Packers. At the Packers’ offensive walkthrough that afternoon, Rodgers congratulated Bakhtiari in front of the group, loud enough for everyone to hear. As he leaned in for a hug, he whispered in the rookie’s ear: You better not get me killed."

im telling u this line will be the sole reason we blow these dudes out. No pass rush against this line/QB and with no secondary = Eagles game all over