"Ha Ha Suck Our Clinton Dix, We Back in the Mix!" The Official 2014 Green Bay Packers Season Thread

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Ya dam right. Everyone know arod is the ultimate front runner qb. And stop bringing up last year, we had dudes off the street playing on defense
Nah nikka, Rodgers always has his team with the lead in most games unlike romo who has game after game trailing like last week. If Rodgers wasn't so damn good then he'd have more 4th quarter come backs under his belt. But don't act like he ain't clutch

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Nah nikka, Rodgers always has his team with the lead in most games unlike romo who has game after game trailing like last week. If Rodgers wasn't so damn good then he'd have more 4th quarter come backs under his belt. But don't act like he ain't clutch
Rodgers in his career:
When trailing < 2 min to go 65.4 rating
When trailing < 4 min to go 84.1 rating

Romo in his career:
When trailing < 2 min to go 103.4 rating
When trailing < 4 min to go 97.6 rating

Romo gets better as time is running out when the Cowboys are losing whereas Rodgers gets worse.

Rodgers in his career:
When winning < 4 min to go 156.3 rating

Romo in his career:
When winning < 4 min to go 117 rating

Why is his rating so much worse when his team is trailing late in games as opposed to winning? This has nothing to do with quantity since i chose rating. Your boy is a front running qb.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
10885065_10152894426745073_5446529283962552784_n.jpg

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Rodgers in his career:
When trailing < 2 min to go 65.4 rating
When trailing < 4 min to go 84.1 rating

Romo in his career:
When trailing < 2 min to go 103.4 rating
When trailing < 4 min to go 97.6 rating

Romo gets better as time is running out when the Cowboys are losing whereas Rodgers gets worse.

Rodgers in his career:
When winning < 4 min to go 156.3 rating

Romo in his career:
When winning < 4 min to go 117 rating

Why is his rating so much worse when his team is trailing late in games as opposed to winning? This has nothing to do with quantity since i chose rating. Your boy is a front running qb.

Probably because its so rare for him to not jump on teams and not hold on to leads

I remember in 2008 though, he led a few 4th QB comebacks but the defense gave them away. We finished 6-10.

But since the middle of 2009, its been consistent that we get leads or come back before the 4th quarter.

Favre was better at getting 4th quarter comebacks.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Biggest things I fear about this game are the unlucky bounces that seem to show up only during playoff football. Sometimes, we've overcome them:
2007: Seattle - Grant uncharacteristically fumbles twice and the Packers go down 14.
2009: Arizona - Uncharacteristic turnovers (fumbles, interceptions), culminating in a fumble return.
2010: Falcons - Jennings uncharacteristically fumbles, and the Packers give up a kickoff return for TD. Bears - Ricochet interception off Driver's foot, Rodgers' red zone interception to Urlacher.
2011: Giants - Many uncharacteristic fumbles and a Hail Mary surrendered.
2012: 49ers - Ross fumbles, changing the momentum; comical inability to stop the read option.
2013: 49ers - Hyde drops game-winning interception.

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
Rodgers didn't practice again today, and MM's words at the presser weren't exactly 100% reassuring. He said he plans on him playing, and that he's getting stronger, but I'm starting to get a little worried that his calf isn't gonna be all that close to 100%, which is not good.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Rodgers didn't practice again today, and MM's words at the presser weren't exactly 100% reassuring. He said he plans on him playing, and that he's getting stronger, but I'm starting to get a little worried that his calf isn't gonna be all that close to 100%, which is not good.

Romo isn't practicing either due to his back.

Based on our playoff history recently, it would be our luck that Rodgers goes out there and plays like ass though. The whole no INT streak at Lambeau and all that jazz.

However, Rodgers did operate well from the pocket vs. a much better defensive front in DET after he got injured.

The offensive line is giving him tons of time for the most part and even on one leg, he's better than Flynn/Tolzien.

Then again, we did beat Dallas with Flynn last year :dead:

Lacy is going to get a lot of carries, I can feel it. No one's going to want to tackle him in the cold.

FloorGeneral

Daps
Reppin
Packerland
http://grantland.com/features/aaron...-bay-packers-new-age-west-coast-offense/#fn-1

^^good article to read on the McCarthy/Rodgers dynamic, and how they've evolved the West Coast Offense. The author of the article also has a blog(s) that he links to throughout the article to further explain some points. If you're interested at all in learning the X's and O's of football, I can't recommend his stuff more. He's excellent.

FloorGeneral

Daps
Reppin
Packerland
Romo isn't practicing either due to his back.

Based on our playoff history recently, it would be our luck that Rodgers goes out there and plays like ass though. The whole no INT streak at Lambeau and all that jazz.

However, Rodgers did operate well from the pocket vs. a much better defensive front in DET after he got injured.

The offensive line is giving him tons of time for the most part and even on one leg, he's better than Flynn/Tolzien.

Then again, we did beat Dallas with Flynn last year :dead:

Lacy is going to get a lot of carries, I can feel it. No one's going to want to tackle him in the cold.
Yeah, he did look fine from the pocket after coming back against Detroit, and adding the fact that our OLine has been brilliant in pass protection, he should be fine. The problem is if a play breaks down, we're so used to him using his legs to create opportunities. Of course we want those kept at a minimum regardless, but I just hope he's not limited.

And yeah, I think Lacy (and Starks) are both gonna be a big part of our offense. Lacy is fresh, and add that cold weather with his body, and defenders aren't gonna be all that enthusiastic about tackling him. Can't wait.