"Ha Ha Suck Our Clinton Dix, We Back in the Mix!" The Official 2014 Green Bay Packers Season Thread

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Eh. I just figure that there's no way this (poor production) can keep up. Our offense is too good to keep playing like that. I also think that Lacy is gonna be a big part of the playoff run, as well he should be. Last week, there was no reason not to keep running him with how poor Rodgers and the WRs were playing, yet he didn't get enough carries, and he didn't get to 20 today either. I know we have the MVP taking snaps, but with the way we've been running the ball, there's no reason to not keep feeding it. Add the fact that it can only make it easier to pass, and I just don't understand why we don't run more.

Regardless, if the defense keeps playing like this, I really don't care where we play.

I like our defense and they have made a huge approvement over last year but they been playing some dooky offenses these past two games and Shields hasnt been the same since his concussions. Were gonna need home field advantage to win.

but honestly the only team i think that poses a true threat is SEA. every other game we play we should be favorites regardless if we are at home or not.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
A first round bye is huge. Rodgers strained his calf and is a bit hobbled. If he can make it through next week and they get the W, the rest will be invaluable for postseason

If we play the Wild Card, we play the #3 seed which is probably going to be the Cowboys in Dallas

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
So, the winner of our game next week is guaranteed a 1st round bye. We can get the #1 seed with a Seattle win tonight, and both an Arizona and Seattle loss next week, along with us beating Detroit. Things to watch.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-adjust-play-calls-with-aaron-rodgers-ailing/

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers battled the flu all week, so they knew he’d be somewhat less than 100 percent.

But when he strained a calf muscle early in yesterday’s win over the Buccaneers, they had to make some adjustments.

“He didn’t want to come out,” Packers coach Mike McCarthy said, via Wes Hodkiewicz of the Green Bay Press-Gazette. “I was probably more affected by it than anybody with some of the play calls. Really, really a gritty performance by Aaron.”

With Rodgers unable to move as he’s accustomed or able to, the Packers used him in more pistol formations to keep him from having to move. But after the second series, Rodgers was largely untouched in the pocket, a testament to his offensive line and the punchlessness of the Buccaneers.

“The game plan that we had for it, we were able to stay with the majority of it,” McCarthy said. “Frankly, I probably struggled with it more than anybody and probably should have just cut him loose.”

Rodgers was able to do enough to keep the Bucs at bay, but getting him well before next week’s game for the division title against the Lions is another matter.

“It’s too early to give a 100 percent guarantee,” Rodgers said. “But it would definitely take a lot to hold me out of that game.”

Backup Matt Flynn popped up a few times and grabbed a helmet, but it was clear Rodgers wasn’t coming out, which is a good sign for this week.

:mjpls: he was hurting so much he had to throw the ball 3 times from the goaline with less than 5mn left to play

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Orton and McCown aren't great but we held both of them to season lows in QB rating. Both of them did better against Detroit's defense than they did ours. Give our D a bit of credit.

Defense is better than 2013

But is it good enough to win a playoff game? I'm tired of one and dones breh

Next week is atleast a psuedo playoff game

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
We're 13th in overall yardage given up.

22nd vs. the run (120 yards per game)

10th vs. the pass (228 yards per game)

13th in scoring defense (21.9 points per game)

7th in opponent passer rating (81.5)