"Ha Ha Suck Our Clinton Dix, We Back in the Mix!" The Official 2014 Green Bay Packers Season Thread

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
you sure? if we win next week we're at 11 wins, if they lose today the max they can get is 11 wins.

we don't play each other so no head to head record tiebreaker. isn't the next tiebreaker conference record? if we beat tampa we'll be 8-3 in the NFC, if they lose today the max they can go is 7-4.

You are correct. The scenario today was if we won and DAL lost, we'd clinch

so if DAL loses tonight and we win next week, same applies

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I just wrote this on fb..I'm so heated brehs

Mike McCarthy and ARod absolutely SUCKED today. Despite the 7 drops (which was the most by a team this season), despite the blocked field goal (which is a league leading 6 blocked ST kick), we lost because MM and ARod proved again that they DO NOT understand what it takes to win against tough teams.

Five minutes into the game and I started having flashbacks to Kansas City 2011. The first half stats tell it all. Aaron Rodgers with 1:38 left in the first half: 8 of 24, 70 yards, no TDs, no INTs, 42.4 rating. Lacy at this point had 75 yards and a TD. The ONLY dominant offensive possession in the first half, the ONLY offensive possession that ended in a TD, occurred because the Packers set up in a 2back-3WR set AND RAN THE BALL. In fact, it was so successful that it resulted in 3 consecutive run plays of 15+ yards. Ask me how many times we saw that formation in the second half….don't worry…I'll wait

I'm mad at the receivers for dropping the ball. But they should've never had the OPPORTUNITY. A Rod should not have had that many passing attempts today. That's what the head coach does. Temper your QB. Look at that 4th quarter interception. It came on 3rd and 4 from Buffalo's 34 yard line with 11minutes to go! Run the fukkn ball and get the god damn first down. At that point, ARod should've had 4 interceptions on the day.

When we lose it's because of the same thing EVERY TIME. It's always the same thing. Cover 2. Bump and Run. Defense that gets in your face. ARod/MM trying to force a square peg through a round hole with vertical routes. The only Cover 2 defense we can beat is Chicago, and that's because Cutler sucks so bad. Whenever we play a defense with enough talent to be physical and play over the top against us (KC, Giants, 49ers, Seattle) we lose in the same fashion. It's always a historically bad gut wrenching game.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Yes someone finally exposed the garbageness of Rogers. I've waited so long for this. :blessed:

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I just wrote this on fb..I'm so heated brehs

Mike McCarthy and ARod absolutely SUCKED today. Despite the 7 drops (which was the most by a team this season), despite the blocked field goal (which is a league leading 6 blocked ST kick), we lost because MM and ARod proved again that they DO NOT understand what it takes to win against tough teams.

Five minutes into the game and I started having flashbacks to Kansas City 2011. The first half stats tell it all. Aaron Rodgers with 1:38 left in the first half: 8 of 24, 70 yards, no TDs, no INTs, 42.4 rating. Lacy at this point had 75 yards and a TD. The ONLY dominant offensive possession in the first half, the ONLY offensive possession that ended in a TD, occurred because the Packers set up in a 2back-3WR set AND RAN THE BALL. In fact, it was so successful that it resulted in 3 consecutive run plays of 15+ yards. Ask me how many times we saw that formation in the second half….don't worry…I'll wait

I'm mad at the receivers for dropping the ball. But they should've never had the OPPORTUNITY. A Rod should not have had that many passing attempts today. That's what the head coach does. Temper your QB. Look at that 4th quarter interception. It came on 3rd and 4 from Buffalo's 34 yard line with 11minutes to go! Run the fukkn ball and get the god damn first down. At that point, ARod should've had 4 interceptions on the day.

When we lose it's because of the same thing EVERY TIME. It's always the same thing. Cover 2. Bump and Run. Defense that gets in your face. ARod/MM trying to force a square peg through a round hole with vertical routes. The only Cover 2 defense we can beat is Chicago, and that's because Cutler sucks so bad. Whenever we play a defense with enough talent to be physical and play over the top against us (KC, Giants, 49ers, Seattle) we lose in the same fashion. It's always a historically bad gut wrenching game.

Funny you mentioned KC Chiefs game in 2011... guess who was the starting QB that day? Orton

He's now 5-2 vs. GB with the only losses in 2008 and 2011 (when he was with DEN)

The offense has to be predicated on pounding the rock. For as great #12 is, they have to realize that running will make this team so much more dangerous.

Also, good news is there's no serious injuries. #12 won't play that badly ever again, and the Bucs have a horrid pass defense which should be easier to exploit.

Yes someone finally exposed the garbageness of Rogers. I've waited so long for this. :blessed:

:wtf:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Funny you mentioned KC Chiefs game in 2011... guess who was the starting QB that day? Orton

He's now 5-2 vs. GB with the only losses in 2008 and 2011 (when he was with DEN)

The offense has to be predicated on pounding the rock. For as great #12 is, they have to realize that running will make this team so much more dangerous.

Also, good news is there's no serious injuries. #12 won't play that badly ever again, and the Bucs have a horrid pass defense which should be easier to exploit.

:wow: get the fukk out of here…the dualities

YO. I thought MM realized this shyt when Lacy had that beast rookie season. But no it was a lie and an illusion. He has no idea how to utilize the skill set of Lacy/Starks and Rodgers at the same time.

We waited 7 years to get this muhfukka AJ Hawk out of here. It took us 3 years after the super bowl to realize that the defense won us that ship. I have zero faith in MM to realize that Starks won us the game against the eagles in 2010.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
:wow: get the fukk out of here…the dualities

YO. I thought MM realized this shyt when Lacy had that beast rookie season. But no it was a lie and an illusion. He has no idea how to utilize the skill set of Lacy/Starks and Rodgers at the same time.

We waited 7 years to get this muhfukka AJ Hawk out of here. It took us 3 years after the super bowl to realize that the defense won us that ship. I have zero faith in MM to realize that Starks won us the game against the eagles in 2010.

Green+Bay+Packers+v+Kansas+City+Chiefs+tj4vf7Xizm8x.jpg

Starks only had 4 carries :mindblown:

Oh well, we still can get the #2 seed. Hopefully the Vikes and 49ers hold on to help us

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Game notes

Succop has made 21 consecutive field goals. ... Palko was inactive for Kansas City. ... The Chiefs wound up having the ball for 36:11, while Green Bay had it for 23:49. ... Kansas City won despite going 1 for 5 in the red zone. ... Packers OL Derek Sherrod broke his leg in the fourth quarter. He was playing in place of Bryan Bulaga, who went down with a knee strain.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=311218012

God damnitt brehs. I swear to gawd its the same script. And real shyt, when that joint when down in 2011 I had this huge fight with my ex the night before/morning of.

The same shyt happened last night with my new shorty :to: I'm sorry brehs. This is my fault :to:

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
God damnitt brehs. I swear to gawd its the same script. And real shyt, when that joint when down in 2011 I had this huge fight with my ex the night before/morning of.

The same shyt happened last night with my new shorty :to: I'm sorry brehs. This is my fault :to:

Kiss and makeup nikka :damn:

we're the #6 seed with the Vikings being idiots :snoop:

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
today's loss doesn't really change anything regarding the division or bye, we were going to need to beat detroit anyways. only thing is now it's gonna be hard to get seeded in front of seattle.

we really, really need the Cardinals to beat the Seahawks. highly doubt it happens though.